Blocking unwanted calls (not marketing calls)

Sarath

iDota
I want to know if there is any software that can block calls from a particular number.
This is to block a regular number and not the ones that come under the purview of DND etc.
Have been receiving pesky calls from a certain number. Reporting the number to the Airtel CC wont help in case they change the number nor am I aware if such a feature exists.

Device:
Oh a little correction here. Its Symbian S30 or S40. Its either on, which one I am not sure. Its not the S60 for sure. Here is the phone
*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNrk9sBz_blprRXttJ2uX7b2IZDzxr-sR-kzX_OrWmcKMNy-me

Symbian S60 v3 (Nokia C7 or N8)

This is very important. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I am aware that there are plenty offering. Google pretty much answers all queries. I want something from anyones first hand experience. I basically want someone to recommend a good SW that they have used or are using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now since S40 doesn't allow for background apps to run, it suggests that no such SW/ app can run successfully. I hope my assumptions are wrong.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have used a Nokia 6275i S40 based device in the past. It had an option to block upto 10 numbers... A blocklist of some kind... You might find it in Settings, Call Options... I don't remember perfectly because I don't have that phone right now...

So, I am sure your phone has that option too... Don't need any apps for that... Nokia phones are good...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
These softs just cut the calls straight away without notifying you (the other person would listen busy thing). And i hate this, AFAIK no soft provides you any way to make other person unaware of your ignorance. I mean you cant change network dependent msgs, such as after call cut, it says the user you are calling is busy atm.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There is an app in the android market called Mr Number.

I use it to block calls and messages. It had an option "pick up and hang"

andcha

Broken In
Try Airtel Call Manager. It blocks number of your choice from operator end. I think this service is chargeable @ Rs. 15 p.m

cm.airtel.in

Top Bottom