Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerUser

Journeyman
While I was surfing, suddenly all programs closed off immediately and I could only see the desktop with nothing. I can now only open programs with Taskmanager, but can't open Explorer.exe. Also there is no explorer.exe in the active processes and if I try to open explorer, the icons and all come back for a moment then again go off then again and again until at last nothing comes. What's the problem? I think virus attack but avast doesn't find one.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
'desktop' is not a task on Windows. For some reason, Explorer is quitting again and again on his computer.

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/908/mactw1.jpg

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
may be a virus attack stopping applications(process) to run.
scan ur system with some good antivirus.
if that does'nt help reinstall the system.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U are infected from virus.Turn off system restore point........login in safe mode..and do full system scan using one good updated antivirus and two good updated antispyware.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
ravi_9793 said:
U are infected from virus.Turn off system restore point........login in safe mode..and do full system scan using one good updated antivirus and two good updated antispyware.
This the actual reason.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
aryayush said:
'desktop' is not a task on Windows. For some reason, Explorer is quitting again and again on his computer.
u can try it works for me weneva explorer.exe shutsdown

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
NIGHTMARE said:
i have xp-2 cd but i don't its serial no. there any way to find out
U can use following software to find the serial key:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36786

And if u want to find it manually, then open the "I386" folder and look for a file named "winnt.sif" or "unattend.txt". These files should contain the serial key.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I am also facing same problem..i scanned my computer with Spybot & Avast but nothing happened..at last i copied explorer.exe from my friend's computer & renamed it to something like exp.exe & done some registry editing in the Winlogon changed the Shell & System key to exp.exe & now it is working fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom