BJP leader wants Gmail, Yahoo to be declared as 'untrustworthy' for citizens

The Indian government has already banned third party email servers Gmail and Yahoo in government offices, stating security concerns. Now, BJP MP Tarun Vijay has urged the government to declare these sites untrustworthy and ban them for private citizens as well

He further added that government should also impose a ban on use of social media sites in offices too. Even personal emails shouldn't be allowed on Gmail, Yahoo and such foreign-based email service providers, he said, adding, "These email services should be declared 'untrustworthy' for common citizens also.
Source

Tarun Vijay, Seriously?

Flash

Lost in speed
So, let me guess

Gmail>Yahoomail>Outlook>>>>>Facebook>Google+>Twitter>Tumblr>Reddit>>>>>>>Wikipedia>Quora>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and finally Internet?

Flash

Lost in speed
And use what? Rediff?

And we thought we voted for a change! :facepalm:
Government readies national email service: 'Unhackable' server modelled on Gmail will bring secure network to all Indians | Daily Mail Online

I don't know whether this project is still up or not..

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
seems 'inspiration' from china was also taken. although some concerns appear to be not without reason, but i don't think such a move will take shape.

P.S. - seeing Tarun Vijay after a long time.

P.S. 2 - there seems to be some discrepancy in the news. other sources mention only the call for declaring these sites as 'unworthy' for the pvt. citizens, with no mention of 'ban' for them. should check out video(s) to learn more.

Last edited:
See its fact that Google is using the users data and tracking users activity. But one can ban then only when they provide a may be not better but similar replacement.

$hadow

Geek in making
looks like one of the minister's android phone started hanging up so they decided to ban Gmail.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any service you use online is untrustworthy. Even this forum.

Top Bottom