Biostar Tz68K+ or ASUS P8Z77-M

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Current System specs are in signature but i am going to write them down here as well:
Processor- i5 2310 2.9 GHz(3.2 turbo)
Motherboard- Intel dh61ww
RAM- 8 GB G Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz( 2 x 4 GB)
PSU- FSP Saga II 500W
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 2 tb and 500 GB
GPU- ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU(Single Fan)
Cabinet- NZXT Gamma

I am getting Biostar TZ68K+ for 9.5k locally and ASUS P8Z77-M for 11k. I don't know if they are overpriced. I am currently in Allahabad(U.P.). I have these two options which one should i go for? I will be buying an i5 2500k within next 15-20 days. I am aiming to overclock it to atleast 4.5 GHz. Also is CM hyper 212 EVO good enough for that kind of overclocking?

I Suppose for that kind of overclocking i will have to opt for a new PSU? If yes then can you guys suggest one keeping in mind the change in mobo, processor and CM hyper 212 evo. I have to make the purchase of mobo today itself so please suggest.

P.S. Buying online isn't an option since i will be selling my old mobo and processor to the dealer. Otherwise my budget will get screwed.:-?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Those prices are quite high.
Biostar TZ68K+ will cost 7.5k at max and Asus P8Z77-M around 10k at max.
Check Prime ABGB and Deltapage for latest pricing, even flipkart had TZ68K+ for 7.2k only.
Also do contact with your Rashi Service centre regarding price of P8Z77-M.

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Those prices are quite high.
Biostar TZ68K+ will cost 7.5k at max and Asus P8Z77-M around 10k at max.
Check Prime ABGB and Deltapage for latest pricing, even flipkart had TZ68K+ for 7.2k only.
Also do contact with your Rashi Service centre regarding price of P8Z77-M.
Screw the budget man(excuse my language but i am really frustrated now) i am going for ASRock Z77 extreme4 *www.flipkart.com/asrock-z77-extrem...ZH9T&ref=a80ef8ba-9e05-4271-a09d-8a5511819847. I have compromised many a times on motherboard and have always suffered so this time i am not gonna compromise. I just wanna confirm if this is the right choice for a moderate overclocker(4.5-4.7 GHz). Processor i will be going for is i5 2500K(unless some1 suggests some better option in the same price range. So is the mobo that i have selected suitable for moderate overclocking(4.5Ghz around)?

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
For OCing @ those speeds you need a good quality build motherboard with more power phases , a good cooling and it also depends no the silicon the chip is made Of. Even a Noctua DH14 Cannot Push part the 2500K more than 4.5K Ghz . You need water cooling or LN2. A normal OCer dont oc more than 4 Ghz . You are not a Normal OCer .

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
For OCing @ those speeds you need a good quality build motherboard with more power phases , a good cooling and it also depends no the silicon the chip is made Of. Even a Noctua DH14 Cannot Push part the 2500K more than 4.5K Ghz . You need water cooling or LN2. A normal OCer dont oc more than 4 Ghz . You are not a Normal OCer .

The motherboard that i mentioned in my last post ASRock Z77 extreme4 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

This motherboard has 8+4 phase power design. I am not trying to hit 5.0 GHz or anything. I will be more than happy with 4.3-4.5 . I am also planning to go for a better PSU and CM hyper 212 Evo before attempting to overclock. Is this motherboard good enough for that kind of overclocking with i5 2500K?:-?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
I dont know Why you want to Overclock ??
I5 2500K is a Powerful Processor @ its Stock Speed . OC it After 1 or 1.5 Years .

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
The motherboard that i mentioned in my last post ASRock Z77 extreme4 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

This motherboard has 8+4 phase power design. I am not trying to hit 5.0 GHz or anything. I will be more than happy with 4.3-4.5 . I am also planning to go for a better PSU and CM hyper 212 Evo before attempting to overclock. Is this motherboard good enough for that kind of overclocking with i5 2500K?:-?

yeh you can hit 4.5 ghz easily with that motherboard . I have overclocked my i5 2500k with biostar tz68k+ @ 4.7 ghz . For PSU go for seasonic sII 520w @ 3.7k or 620w @ 4.6k .

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
For OCing @ those speeds you need a good quality build motherboard with more power phases , a good cooling and it also depends no on the silicon the chip is made Of. Even a Noctua DH14 Cannot Push part the 2500K more than 4.5K Ghz . You need water cooling or LN2. A normal OCer dont oc more than 4 Ghz . You are not a Normal OCer .

u can easily get 5GHz on AIR..provided u have a good motherboard and a proper air cooler.
As for the motherbaords...i will recommend u guys to stay away from Asrock or biostar...
get a good mobo,maybe spend a few bucks more,but it will be worth it.

take ur pick
OCF motherboard recommendation thread.
and read the notes :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: Get ASUS P8Z77-M.

Here you are. ;)
Go on!

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
u can easily get 5GHz on AIR..provided u have a good motherboard and a proper air cooler.
As for the motherbaords...i will recommend u guys to stay away from Asrock or biostar...
get a good mobo,maybe spend a few bucks more,but it will be worth it.

take ur pick
OCF motherboard recommendation thread.
and read the notes :)

Ah well! went through your link and now i think i should rather wait for my pockets to regain their thickness first. I was just getting overwhelmed by the choices present and since i have never overclocked before so i didn't know much. But thanks to all you guys yet again for help. I will wait for a month and then will go for asus p8z77-m pro.

I dont know Why you want to Overclock ??
I5 2500K is a Powerful Processor @ its Stock Speed . OC it After 1 or 1.5 Years .

Only reason I want to overclock is because i am too much into Flight Simulator X. To run FSX smoothly one needs atleast 3.9-4.0 ghz of CPU clock. Its highly CPU intensive. Thats my sole reason for overclocking or else i won't need it for an year so atleast.:-(

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Ah well! went through your link and now i think i should rather wait for my pockets to regain their thickness first. I was just getting overwhelmed by the choices present and since i have never overclocked before so i didn't know much. But thanks to all you guys yet again for help. I will wait for a month and then will go for asus p8z77-m pro.

Only reason I want to overclock is because i am too much into Flight Simulator X. To run FSX smoothly one needs atleast 3.9-4.0 ghz of CPU clock. Its highly CPU intensive. Thats my sole reason for overclocking or else i won't need it for an year so atleast.:-(

Get an Asus P8Z77-M. Asus is One of best Motherboard Manufactures I have went to their stores There having Good line of Motherboards Like Asus Maximus Series ,Asus Formula,Sabretooth P67,Etc

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Get an Asus P8Z77-M. Asus is One of best Motherboard Manufactures I have went to their stores There having Good line of Motherboards Like Asus Maximus Series ,Asus Formula,Sabretooth P67,Etc
Finally oscillating between many a thoughts coming to my mind i have ordered Asus P8Z77-M and an i5 2500K. Now coming to the PSU yet again. AFAIK I should not overclock with my current PSU. So is seasonic sII 520w is going to be enough for my setup or should i go for 620w one?
My upgraded Rig would be:
Processor- i5 2500K
Mobo- Asus p8z77-M
GPU- Asus ENGTX 560 DirectCU(single Fan) 1gb gddr5(NO OC factory or otherwise)
PSU- FSP Saga II 500W(Current)
Cabinet- NZXT Gamma
RAM- 2x4 GB G skill ripjawsX 1600 MHZ
HDD- 1) 2 TB 5400rpm Seagate Barracuda green
2) 500 GB 7200 rpm seagate barracuda

Last edited:
OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
maybe i should ask in the appropriate section about the power supply. But thanks guys you all have been of great help. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you got your answer regarding FSP Saga II 500W on the PSu thread.

As for your config in here get the GS600 - you can the cpu and gpu both ;-)

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ you got your answer regarding FSP Saga II 500W on the PSu thread.

As for your config in here get the GS600 - you can the cpu and gpu both ;-)
Thanks yet again topgear. I think i will go for the PSU first and then the aftermarket HSF.:) . Just 1 query on TheItWares.com it says tht gs600 has 27Amp in +12v rail whereas in flipkart it says +12v rail it has 48 Amp, m a little confused :-?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you can either get Asus p8z77-M Pro or else settle with Asrock Z77 Extreme4.

Top Bottom