Not open for further replies.
OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
@MetalheadGautham
stock cooling with antec silver 5 compound

@no overclock am getting idle temp to be 35-40

i find some difference in temps reported by motherboard and under os..mobo tells relatively lower temp by 7-8c always..

i have no other way to set vcore to be slightly high in order to keep the os & tests crash enough...the lowest i can set for 334fsb is 1.36v..
when i switch to 357 the temps going as high as above 90c for orthos test...and to match this vcore is going as high as 1.7v(auto)

current fsb of 334 seems to reach 70s under stress...is this ok enough for long run?

@axxo

Nice purchase and good OC for sure apart from the Temps :(

anyway, few question I wuld like to ask :p if u dont mind...

Whats the MAX FSB u can archive without touching the vcore
Whats the MAX FSB u can archive without touching the RAM settings and vcore ??

For value RAMs try not to cross 2.1v as for RAM voltage... but without proper cooling :p try not to touch the vcore and tell us whats the stable point and temps u can achive with ur OC !!!

temps bcoz of high vcore i think...am not sure..reinstalled the thermal compound & heat sink but no change in temp.

& in my case vcore was always set to auto when i change fsb(during test)...finally i tweaked the vcore for stability.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
As darklord suggested you can check for vDrops,this means check the vCore with CPUZ when the CPU is on full load with orthos.If the vCore drops to much lower extent then you have a vDrop issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ axxo
Do post your benchmark results on this thread :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61571

ormano

Right off the assembly line
hai.. i'm newbie here and new o overclocking.. i got problem to achieve 3.0mhz on oc.. i had almost same spec as axxo but low grade.. this my spec:

MOBO :Biostar TP35D2-A7
CPU :Intel Dual Core E2160 1.8
RAM :Team Group Team-Value-667,1 GB DDR2-667 2 stick
PSU :Silverstone SST-ST400
COLER: Stock cooler.. =p.

could anyone here help me to achieve 3.0mhz..
right now i can achive in this level..

Cpu Multiplier – 9x (default)
CPU FSB -275mhz( 200-700)
Memory Frequency – 400 mhz (400/667/800/1066)
DRAM Timings – 4-4-4-12
Everything else set to default/auto.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
hai.. i'm newbie here and new o overclocking.. i got problem to achieve 3.0mhz on oc.. i had almost same spec as axxo but low grade.. this my spec:

MOBO :Biostar TP35D2-A7
CPU :Intel Dual Core E2160 1.8
RAM :Team Group Team-Value-667,1 GB DDR2-667 2 stick
PSU :Silverstone SST-ST400
COLER: Stock cooler.. =p.

could anyone here help me to achieve 3.0mhz..
right now i can achive in this level..

Cpu Multiplier – 9x (default)
CPU FSB -275mhz( 200-700)
Memory Frequency – 400 mhz (400/667/800/1066)
DRAM Timings – 4-4-4-12
Everything else set to default/auto.

Whats your vcore ? whats droop like ? kindly mention that, so that its easier to help you.

ormano

Right off the assembly line
Whats your vcore ? whats droop like ? kindly mention that, so that its easier to help you.

my vcore is 1.2625v. that's the stock vcore.. i have no idea with droop like..
when i increase 1mhz fsb, system cannot enter the windows.. blue screen n restart back.. hehe..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
thats pretty high on vcore.though i havent laid my handson a E2140.hav oc'd a E2160 to 3.5Ghz @ 1.42v.
as of now i've a P4 2.66Ghz to oc.but i dont think its wort oc'ing.wat do u say buddy??

darklord

Cyborg Agent
immaterial of the platform, OCing is always fun :)

Once in while i mess with my Office PC which is an AMD AM2 setup,just for the kicks :)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Some initial testing with Biostar TP35D2A7 motherboard,

Test setup
Intel C2D E8500
Biostar TP35D2A7 Motherboard
1GB x 2 Team Xtreem PC2 6400 CL4
Nvidia 6600GT
Corsair VX450 PSU
Stock Cooling for CPU
Corsair Dominator Airflow for Memory

CPU-Z Validation

Everest Memory Benchmarks

400MHz, 4-3-3-8, 2.2V
*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d63238d64.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d6343dc05.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d63627ce7.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d6380f6bf.jpg

Super Pi

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d7d2b187a.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247f1d7d4832be.jpg​

All tests were run at CPU stock speed, reason being, i am on stock cooler and my E8500 runs a bit hot, even at stock, not as cool as my E8400 :( and usual memory tweaks ;)

Initial impression about the board, there is much more that can be done. Memory tweaking options are too less.Good board for the price but could have been better.
Not exactly satisfied with the memory performance, could be better, maybe a better BIOS. I have used couple of P35 boards which include Abit IP35-E, Foxconn MARS, Asus P5K, Asus Blitz Extreme etc. so there defintely is scope to improve.
I will post as and how i do more testing.

Cheers !
Amey
Team THL

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
I was facing the same problem with stock cooler for E2160..but upgrading the cooler hitting 3+ ghz no more an issue.
@darklord memory tweaks are in any way will help in reducing cpu core temp? another issue am facing with this mobo...is the vcore..need to push to 1.45V atleast to reach 3.2.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
memory timings hav nothing 2 do with procy temp.they help 2 achieve better latency.
Cud be that mobo has vdroop issue.so vcore offer to be high

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Vdroop and E2xxx chips are not always good clockers.They need volts to clock decently if the chip is not good.
Even my E2140 needs more than 1.4V to reach 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom