Biostar TP35D2-A7 + Intel E2160 overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hitting 3.2GHz is one thing (3.2GHz is 100% oc of E2140) and this can be reached.
but hitting a 100% oc of E2180 means hitting 4GHz whihc is next to impossible on air cooling.also i dont think u wud be able to oc a E2180 to 4GHz anyway.AFAIK only E8xxx proccies hit 4GHz on air cooling.

hitting 3.2GHz is one thing (3.2GHz is 100% oc of E2140) and this can be reached.
but hitting a 100% oc of E2180 means hitting 4GHz whihc is next to impossible on air cooling.also i dont think u wud be able to oc a E2180 to 4GHz anyway.AFAIK only E8xxx proccies hit 4GHz on air cooling.
any heat differences in the processors at default clocks ?

yup E2160 is the best of the lot.
thanks.

Now either my purchase will occur in ~September or ~December. Thats only a few months away. So any particular component I must be looking for IF it releases after some time ?

I heard rumors of a 100$ phenom hitting the stores near the year end. What about it ?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
since ur gonna buy in September or December, i'll get lotsa choices when u buy.
also if can then wait 4 and buy Nehalem when released.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the thing is if u need it then buy it.dont wait for offers.cuz in 2day's market ur waiting will never end.2day 1 company will come out with somethin new then 2morrow another company will reduce prices of their current line of prods.

the thing is if u need it then buy it.dont wait for offers.cuz in 2day's market ur waiting will never end.2day 1 company will come out with somethin new then 2morrow another company will reduce prices of their current line of prods.
good point there. Nehalem is going to arive too, so I must concider it as a top priority if I am waiting for december.

Then how is 4000+ and Jetway690G mobo ? Can the CPU OC well in it ? As its cheaper, I am edging towards it now.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ and frankly speaking wat ru gonna do with that?
even i've Intel VT support in my E8400 but its of no use (and its the same for most users).

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
U can get 4ghz on 2180 on stock too. It depends nt only on procy bt ram n mbo too. I m sure it can hit 4g on abit ip35

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
E2180 @ 4GHz on stock?? i dont think its possible cuz E2180 is 65nm fab whereas E8400 is 45nm fab.so the amt of heat generated by E2180 @ 4GHz will be gr8.

^^^ and frankly speaking wat ru gonna do with that?
even i've Intel VT support in my E8400 but its of no use (and its the same for most users).
I need lots and lots of virtualisation. I will be messing with vmware a lot. What will be the performance difference with and without VT ?(while virtualising ofcourse)

Edit: Update:

I have finally finalised purchase of E2160 + GF7050V-M7. Any advice ?
Can you suggest me another excellent sub 2.5k mobo which can drive E2160 to good frequencies ?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
u wont notice any diff with VMWare.hardware VT support is only exploited by 1 or 2 os and those r not from MS.
havent tested any other mobo in that budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom