Bioshock: Infinite

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will a person who doesn't really enjoy first person shooters other than Doom and Quake enjoy this? I did enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Far Cry 3, but i liked them more because of stealth, visuals, exploration and RPG mechanics. I tried to avoid shooting for the most part.

However I do enjoy 3rd person shooters like Max Payne 3 and Alan Wake immensely.

Doom & Quake and Deus & FC3 are strange bedfellows. I also don't like FPS much, particularly the recent ones, where you shoot less and do other things more. That said this game can be played as an outright shooter, enemy AI is pretty dumb unless you are playing at highest difficulty. You can simply bulldoze your way through the enemies.

Coming to your query, this game neither has any stealth part nor much RPG mechanics. Visuals are nice, if you don't mind the over-the-top bloom and low-res textures up close. You do get a fairly large amount of area to explore though.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Doom & Quake and Deus & FC3 are strange bedfellows. I also don't like FPS much, particularly the recent ones, where you shoot less and do other things more. That said this game can be played as an outright shooter, enemy AI is pretty dumb unless you are playing at highest difficulty. You can simply bulldoze your way through the enemies.

Coming to your query, this game neither has any stealth part nor much RPG mechanics. Visuals are nice, if you don't mind the over-the-top bloom and low-res textures up close. You do get a fairly large amount of area to explore though.

this is dx11 or 9??
btw, are there any options to disable bloom in graphics settings??

btw, is the AMD Catalyst Beta 13.3 driver stable enough??

got it.. its dx9 incompatible :p

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Completed the game yesterday. :D
Started a 2nd playthrough in 1999 mode, for some steam achievements!!

this is dx11 or 9??
btw, are there any options to disable bloom in graphics settings??

btw, is the AMD Catalyst Beta 13.3 driver stable enough??

got it.. its dx9 incompatible :p

13.3 is the stable one. I was using 13.2, when I first launched the game, and it was crashing every 15 or 30 minutes, randomly. Doing a fresh uninstall of the drivers, and installing 13.3 did the trick.

heidi2521

Padawan

I like the first two and the second two for two different reasons.

I like Doom & Quake because of the emphasis they have on movement and the feeling of power they give(which hasn't been matched by any game i've played since. Max Payne 3 came close, but no cigar). Quake can almost be called semi platformer. Would Bioshock Infinite have Half-Life 2 like "exploration", or Fallout like true exploration?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
I like the first two and the second two for two different reasons.

I like Doom & Quake because of the emphasis they have on movement and the feeling of power they give(which hasn't been matched by any game i've played since. Max Payne 3 came close, but no cigar). Quake can almost be called semi platformer. Would Bioshock Infinite have Half-Life 2 like "exploration", or Fallout like true exploration?

I guess its more like half- life 2 exploration. Not true Exploration, thats the ground of Bethesda.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
played for around 1 hr.... awesome environment.. the splicer melee weapon is ftw!!

i hope hacking is present.. i did not any hackable turrets till now.
|

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
FFFFUUUU Landmark!!!.. They don't have PC version in stock :| , same thing happened with Far Cry 3. I got Tomb Raider on day 1 of launch..

Y U NO STOCK PC!!!!!

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Flipkart sent it to me from Mumbai. Why dont you try sapna book house?

I remember seeing a quite a huge gaming section

rock2702

Padawan
FFFFUUUU Landmark!!!.. They don't have PC version in stock :| , same thing happened with Far Cry 3. I got Tomb Raider on day 1 of launch..

Y U NO STOCK PC!!!!!

Ordered tomb raider from game4u and Bioshock Infinite from Landmarkonthenet.com both on Monday, got my Tomb Raider copy today, Bioshock Infinite-still processing :eek: Called them up and they said they are getting it from the distributor, though on their site, it says in stock. :banghead:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally completed the game. Clocked 28.6 hours according to Steam. Apart from a few moments and some annoyances, highly satisfying. The ending is just mind-blowing.

Still couldn't find all the voxaphones. :(

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Finally completed the game. Clocked 28.6 hours according to Steam. Apart from a few moments and some annoyances, highly satisfying. The ending is just mind-blowing.

Still couldn't find all the voxaphones. :(

The sad part of this game is that I'll have to buy a new HDD to install it :(

Top Bottom