Big Fool Airtel broadband services.

How many of us are using Airtel Broadband ??

Dam..One of my friend applied for Airtel broadband and received a call from Airtel representative that they regret to inform but due to technical feasibility they are not able to provide broadband services to him..and guess what ??

He's my neighbor and living next to me..and I'm using Airtel broadband!! lol (Next door friend..dam)

I tried to explain the customer care executives that I'm using Airtel bb and provided my number details..address and then provided my friend address and asked them : How'z this possible..and the response was : Due to technical feasibility your friend area is not covered...?? :grin::grin:

WTF?? My poor friend lost all the hopes to get a broadband :-x Any other alternatives (except customer care) to explain and educate the Airtel bb agents to install bb services??

I don't want him to go for Tikona as they are the worst, Tata is costly (am using Wimax too) and no MTNL/SIFY!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
How many of us are using Airtel Broadband ??

Dam..One of my friend applied for Airtel broadband and received a call from Airtel representative that they regret to inform but due to technical feasibility they are not able to provide broadband services to him..and guess what ??

He's my neighbor and living next to me..and I'm using Airtel broadband!! lol (Next door friend..dam)

I tried to explain the customer care executives that I'm using Airtel bb and provided my number details..address and then provided my friend address and asked them : How'z this possible..and the response was : Due to technical feasibility your friend area is not covered...?? :grin::grin:

WTF?? My poor friend lost all the hopes to get a broadband :-x Any other alternatives (except customer care) to explain and educate the Airtel bb agents to install bb services??

I don't want him to go for Tikona as they are the worst, Tata is costly (am using Wimax too) and no MTNL/SIFY!!
That maybe a true and genuine answer. AFAIK Airtel provides (A)DSL services in India. Unlike a cable internet connection, just because their lines run in your neighborhood, it doesn't mean that they can pull as many connections as possible and give out net connections to everybody.

These guys have a local exchange office which has a piece of equipment called as DSLAM. Each individual (A)DSL user's modem (also called CPE) connects to DSLAM via a dedicated connection. If the local office has run out of ports on the DSLAM then it is not feasible for them to put in a new one just because on customer wants it. They will wait till more customers ask for it till the DSLAM runs to its full capacity.

So before calling anybody a fool, a li'l bit of research would definitely help! :)

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
That maybe a true and genuine answer. AFAIK Airtel provides (A)DSL services in India. Unlike a cable internet connection, just because their lines run in your neighborhood, it doesn't mean that they can pull as many connections as possible and give out net connections to everybody.

These guys have a local exchange office which has a piece of equipment called as DSLAM. Each individual (A)DSL user's modem (also called CPE) connects to DSLAM via a dedicated connection. If the local office has run out of ports on the DSLAM then it is not feasible for them to put in a new one just because on customer wants it. They will wait till more customers ask for it till the DSLAM runs to its full capacity.

So before calling anybody a fool, a li'l bit of research would definitely help! :)

Thanks..but why would they told me that they also wont be able to transfer my Airtel BB connection to his house due to feasibility ??

I already confirmed this !!

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
coz there might be few connections for which they have accepted applications waiting.

Now, I realize Big companies s*ck big times..I am thinking to share my connection with my friend coz no other options are left for him as Tikona/Sify/MTNL not in the list and Airtel not feasible, applied for reliance broadband today and will wait for 2-3 days.

Otherwise, I will share my Tata Wimax (using with wireless router) with my friend...will buy wires etc and get it done by Sunday.

How's reliance broadband nowadays ?? Any comments.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, MTNL is great.

1mbps Unlimited DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD for me for only Rs.999 without any FUP bullsh1te.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ Hmm that's sad. Because you potentially use MUCH lesser with your broadband plan.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/isp-discu...88-64-less-your-unlimited-broadband-plan.html

pulsar_swift

Youngling
reliance wimax is running close to its full capacity. That's why there are no exciting offers in reliance wimax. For a 600kbps unlimited connection i am paying Rs 1545 rs per month including taxes. Point to note is ZERO downtime.

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
hmmm may I ask why?

He was using MTNL connection @256 "was good enough in Indian broadband history"..and poor MTNL throw him a bill of 12k for the broadband..changed some mb's plan and he is still fighting with the bill..lol

By the way guys...Airtel representative visit today after the much dramas and they are now providing the broadband...they plan they are offering is 899rs for 512kbps connection, upto 8gb 512 and later on 256kbps..dam FUP.

I was not there when the agent came at my friend place..they told him "we are not providing 649rs 256kbps plan which we provided earlier..I checked the website too and this plan is no more in the list ?? I am using it..and they have increased the price from 649rs to 899rs ?? Why ??

Is this available in your AREA (anywhere in Delhi) please let me know..I will kick there shell to provide this plan..else shall I confirm my friend to go for this 899rs plan ?? 1k Installation that they promised will be adjusted in the first bill..aka no installation charges.

Please help me out !!

ratul29

Broken In
AIRTEL RocKS!!!! Uninterrupted Internet connection for last 4 years... 2 months back I got a free double speed upgrade to 512kbps line from 256kbps. Airtel gifted double speed to all its existing cutomers!! Airtel is already at par with AT&T of Americas!

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
AIRTEL RocKS!!!! Uninterrupted Internet connection for last 4 years... 2 months back I got a free double speed upgrade to 512kbps line from 256kbps. Airtel gifted double speed to all its existing cutomers!! Airtel is already at par with AT&T of Americas!

Thanks so much ratul29 !! I know Airtel service rocks..What my concern was why they have increased the plan charges from 649rs to 899rs ?? Is the old plan still available ..heard they give plans with region wise nowadays !!

PS : they started providing the website builder for 250rs and 200rs a-a calls with the new plan !!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:lol: Double Speed ? :lol: Well I doubt you do anything with your connection in that case :lol:
Airtel gave double speed because MTNL gave it first, and Airtel WILL reduce your 512 Kbps to 256 Kbps after you go beyond your FUP limit which is about 5 or 10 GB, quite a pittance.
Calling Airtel at par with AT&T is a JOKE. :lol:

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
BSNL not available in Delhi...I just need to confirm is the 649rs plan still available in delhi??..and Airtel FUP --$***$ big time !!

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
:lol: Double Speed ? :lol: Well I doubt you do anything with your connection in that case :lol:
Airtel gave double speed because MTNL gave it first, and Airtel WILL reduce your 512 Kbps to 256 Kbps after you go beyond your FUP limit which is about 5 or 10 GB, quite a pittance.
Calling Airtel at par with AT&T is a JOKE. :lol:
lol omfg....

Top Bottom