Big Fool Airtel broadband services.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Airtel now offers min 512 kbps in delhi
I'm currently using impatience 899 with 4 mbps speed and 6 GB limit. If you want theres an option of going for 256kbps after limit or 10 paisa per MB (Rs 100 per GB) after limit if your usage is low

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

EDIT: Airtel ROCKS!!!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
well, I can download and upload 100 GB each in a month with MTNL and play with much much lower pings with MTNL only for Rs.999.

MTNL > Airtel.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

BSNL not available in Delhi...I just need to confirm is the 649rs plan still available in delhi??..and Airtel FUP --$***$ big time !!
MTNL Rs.649 - 512kbps UNLIMITED not the Airtel's usual craplimitied.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

It's 599 tbp. It would come 649 after you take modem. :p

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Airtel now offers min 512 kbps in delhi
I'm currently using impatience 899 with 4 mbps speed and 6 GB limit. If you want theres an option of going for 256kbps after limit or 10 paisa per MB (Rs 100 per GB) after limit if your usage is low

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

EDIT: Airtel ROCKS!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
well, I can download and upload 100 GB each in a month with MTNL and play with much much lower pings with MTNL only for Rs.999.

MTNL > Airtel.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I wish he could go for MTNL..but some bills are still pending..lol

BTW: He opted for Airtel browser 899rs plan..512kbps till 8gb than back to 256kbps (includes 200 Airtime minutes, 250rs website builder)..the speeds are good more than what you can expect.

Can someone please explain what is website builder that Airtel is providing for free to new plans ? He was told that they provide one free domain with this..How to go for it ?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Can someone please explain what is website builder that Airtel is providing for free to new plans ? He was told that they provide one free domain with this..How to go for it ?
FYI a general .COM domain costs Rs.450-550 PER YEAR and a basic web hosting can cost as low as Rs.250 PER YEAR, so this is just a gimmick by which Airphail loot customers.
And I am pretty sure they don't give Cpanel access or anything, so the hosting would be worth negligible.

*www.splendidpoint.com/airtel-website-builder-review/
omg it is worse than I thought

Last edited:
OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
FYI a general .COM domain costs Rs.450-550 PER YEAR and a basic web hosting can cost as low as Rs.250 PER YEAR, so this is just a gimmick by which Airphail loot customers.
And I am pretty sure they don't give Cpanel access or anything, so the hosting would be worth negligible.

Airtel Website Builder Review | The Technology Blog
omg it is worse than I thought

Haha...thats very funny..they provide basic pages to 5. lol no ads etc and footage restricted.

But plus point if someone wants a personal homepage like neerajvohra.in with 5 pages about yourself..this might be useful for some. I confirmed with care..untill you're using the broadband you can use standard pack for free..with .in domain ! Any negative comments on this :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ Well Airtel will still control or domain in any case, and you can't really modify records at all. Plus who knows if they keep the domain. You'll find .co.in as cheap as Rs.150/year sometimes. And those free hosts will beat the hell out of this crap.

donnaj8887

Right off the assembly line
How many of us are using Airtel Broadband ??

Dam..One of my friend applied for Airtel broadband and received a call from Airtel representative that they regret to inform but due to technical feasibility they are not able to provide broadband services to him..and guess what ??

He's my neighbor and living next to me..and I'm using Airtel broadband!! lol (Next door friend..dam)

I tried to explain the customer care executives that I'm using Airtel bb and provided my number details..address and then provided my friend address and asked them : How'z this possible..and the response was : Due to technical feasibility your friend area is not covered...?? :grin::grin:

WTF?? My poor friend lost all the hopes to get a broadband :-x Any other alternatives (except customer care) to explain and educate the Airtel bb agents to install bb services??

I don't want him to go for Tikona as they are the worst, Tata is costly (am using Wimax too) and no MTNL/SIFY!!

Thanks you for the post.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I find the night unlimited plans best for people with usage below 50GB per month. I pay just Rs. 550 per month including taxes (BSNL connection). 2-8 unlimited. I use only between 5:30-8 for downloading and do around 45-55 GB per month. The only downside is that we have very limited daytime usage (1.5 GB)
As far as downtime is concerned, in my area it is around 3-4 hours a month which doesn't really bother me much. Downtime during 2-8 period is almost 0. I have seen it only thrice (best I can recall) in the last 20 months.
1 mbps unlimited for 999 is good. BSNL gives 512 kbps for 1350 (still better than Airtel as there is no FUP).

Top Bottom