Best value for money mobo for C2D E4500 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
^^XFX 630i 7150 mobo will be around 3.6k.........will be better than M2A-VM@3.2K and has more features than M2A-VM HDMI mobo which is more costlier....

except that XFX 630i has only single channel memory
and it has only 2 ram slots compared to 4 found on m2a vm

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
oh.....it sure is dude.
And these guys are just comapring the features of these mobos nd they are not specific to Intel or AMD.

630i Intel pros nd cons:
+gud price @ 3.6k
+moderate overclocking
+power nd reset button
+support 45nm cpus
+gud IGP with n7150
+HDMI
-single channel memory
-2 mem slots
-Micro ATX

M2A VM AMD:
+v gud price @ 3.2k
+gud overclocking
+Supports all AM2 proccy including phenoms
+Gud IGP with ATI X1250
-Micro ATX

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
and if u find a mobo for c2d that's got gr8 features and very economical . .make sure to boycott it.otherwise amd wont live . atleast low budget pc's should opt for amd.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Just add few points to clear up the matter...

Arvind said:
630i Intel pros nd cons:
+gud price @ 3.6k
+moderate overclocking
+power nd reset button <- you may never use it
+support 45nm cpus <- you may not upgrade
+gud IGP with n7150 <- I didnt see much of a difference in real world apps and gaming
+HDMI <- once again u may never user it and also the HDCP
-single channel memory
-2 mem slots
-Micro ATX

So i guess still for value for money it is AMD X2 4200+ with M2A-VM would win the race compare to Intel E2140 + XFX 630i 7150 :)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@choto cheeta

.....may I correct u in 2 things???!!!:twisted:

• power nd reset button: I personally find this very useful while troubleshooting ;and its a delight for overclockers and benchmarking.
  • support 45nm cpus: Certainly this is a future proof boom.....u cannot predict sudden drop in CPU prices. Many of ma friends including dOm1naTOr ws left behind by AMD when they shifted to AM2 from 939......I still remember him buying 939 X2 4200+ for 12k:shock: , just 3 months before d release of AM2 X2 4200+*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

support 45nm cpus: Certainly this is a future proof boom.....u cannot predict sudden drop in CPU prices. Many of ma friends including dOm1naTOr ws left behind by AMD when they shifted to AM2 from 939......I still remember him buying 939 X2 4200+ for 12k just 3 months before d release of AM2 X2 4200+

Budget system owners are not that keen on upgrading :lol:... atleast that is what I saw... where as advance users are on that front may think of upgrading...

but then again, let take some view from Intel an performance factor... tell me, as a C2D E4300 or E4400 budget system owner will a person would think for a E8400 ?? will he invest another 7 or 8k when he is nopt wlling to spend not more than 20k for the full system ??

at-least from my personal EXP no, people on budget segment are not that keen on ungrade...

Now yes after 2 years they may think of upgrade, but then again by that time Intel will bring the Nehalem architecture with its 32 nm batch under socket LGA 1366 for xeon server range and socket LGA 715 / LGA 1160 under desktop socket by ending the Silicon age... 45 nm would be the last btach of processors with silicon gates :lol: and possible LGA 775 :)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ yeah, u r right....but I meant for those "not so bedget people and not so high-end people".....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/101.gif

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^ yeah, u r right....but I meant for those "not so bedget people and not so high-end people".....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/101.gif

So its mainly lack of Dual Channel support which is still pushing Intel back on AMD when it comes for Budget system :(

OP
W

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
You are right Chota Cheeta, it seems only motherboards fail Intel processors. They dont have too many quality mobos in budget range. AMDs might be inferior to Intels, but as a combination it beats Intel mobo+proccys.

Intel marketing Gurus are fools not to realize this and attack the last bastion of AMD. (though personally I don;t want to see AMD decimated). 'No competition' is worse than 'some competition'; atleast for buyers.

its not AMD which beats Intel its the motherboard which actually beats Intel, if there were Dual Channel support for 630i :lol: with E2140 around, AMD would have been a gonner :cry:

I've made up my mind to stick on to my oldtime fav. AMD platform. I'll get Asus M2A VM board with either X2 4200+ or 5200+ proccy. 5200+ has got better cache. Do u think there is significant performance gain in 5200+??

Last edited:
OP
W

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
You are right Chota Cheeta, it seems only motherboards fail Intel processors. They dont have too many quality mobos in budget range. AMDs might be inferior to Intels, but as a combination it beats Intel mobo+proccys.

Intel marketing Gurus are fools not to realize this and attack the last bastion of AMD. (though personally I don;t want to see AMD decimated). 'No competition' is worse than 'some competition'; atleast for buyers.

I've made up my mind to stick on to my oldtime fav. AMD platform. I'll get Asus M2A VM board with either X2 4200+ or 5200+ proccy. 5200+ has got better cache. Do u think there is significant performance gain in 5200+??

After going through pages & pages of forums, I have realized that on stock speed AMD 5200+ and Intel E4500 are almost identical with Intel being slightly higher priced. Most of the comparison charts in the Net are at STOCK SPEED. When overclocked, Intel just beats AMD blue.

Now the dilemma, to overclock any ordinary motherboard cant go with C2Ds. Overclocking motherboards are higher priced. If I can't overclock, then stock speed X2 is better than stock speed C2D.

Now the quest is, which is the best value for money OCable mobo for C2D. Pls. dont mention XFX 630i, it cant have RAM in dual channel.

OP
W

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
I guess GA-P35-DS3 is also around 5K. It also has RAID support unlike Abit. Dont know the price in Delhi. Is it available here and how does it compare to Abit IP35-E board.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Abit IP35-E has been tested by many and has proven to be a good and stable overclocker.so i think u sud go 4 it.

OP
W

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
Abit IP35-E has been tested by many and has proven to be a good and stable overclocker.so i think u sud go 4 it.

The shop in my locality does not have currently have Abit Mobos, I've asked him to get it from Delhi. Will be available in 3-4 days. Meanwhile I just thought to check anyother mobo around.

Hellgate, after reading ur last post I've finally made up my mind to go with Abit board.

Thanx everybody for your time and suggestions !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom