Best Sound Quality Speakers??

S_V

In the zone
Bose is not for Rich people or not the ones who don't tweak much...

BOSE is meant for true Audiophile's. When Bose is set with Well noted Receiver's such as Harman receivers. it will rock your world.
Next is Yamaha,POLK...... according to my Experience.

My best Buy on speakers are my S750 7.1.. MAX or LOW volume,, no distortion or any hiss.. MoVee or Games,,, It will produce the way it's meant to be.... Thanks to 700 Watts RMS.. Especially DTS ES certified Movies are awesome than DD5.1 or EX

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/My%20Rig/i7%20800D/S750.jpg

S_V

In the zone
when i purchased it was 28,000/-.

I think it's worth for 7.1 ... Once you go 7.1 never goes back... ;)

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
I beg to differ my frnd! If thats the case, then there are many other brands to consider too.

My best Buy on speakers are my S750 7.1.. MAX or LOW volume,, no distortion or any hiss.. MoVee or Games,,, It will produce the way it's meant to be.... Thanks to 700 Watts RMS.. Especially DTS ES certified Movies are awesome than DD5.1 or EX
True, but how many games and movies are 8 channel? Most of them are available in 6 channel surround sound. Though S750 does upscaling to reproduce 8 channel surround effect!

S_V

In the zone
I beg to differ my frnd! If thats the case, then there are many other brands to consider too.

I didn''t get you. What exactly you want me to differ....

True, but how many games and movies are 8 channel? Most of them are available in 6 channel surround sound. Though S750 does upscaling to reproduce 8 channel surround effect!

Can i Ask you One question? Did you by chance had any experience with S750 in Gaming? If not,, I really can't explain you or make believe that s750 is truely awesome in games. Any other speaker set,i dare say NONE will catch up in games. Atleast look for reviews like Guru3d, etc about this speakers in Gaming. I truely immerse in gaming with this set. May it be particles or voices, etc it comes exactly where the character present in 3d scenario. With 5.1 speaker you hear side voice from rear speaker ,with just little turn they come to front speakers. S750 makes it rear->side->Front just like in real world.

Movies,
Well, you can use UPMIX from remote but only if you don't have Powerful sound card.. With Sound card ,for movies i use POWERDVD selecting 7.1 option. It's unbelievable experience.. though it's software level upmix....

Example...

Swades Movie...
One morning,where SRK wokes up, besides him,his nanny rotates some stone(i don't the word here).... Just before Actress matchmaking day....

That stone rotation is like this...
Starts from
Center->Right->Sideright->RearRight->RearLeft->SideLeft->Left->Center->(loop continues)... until that scene passes...

similarly.. there are lot of movies ,another one like in "How to Train your Dragon" S750 made sure that Dragons pass each speaker without missing especially Syncing with scene.. Thanks to POWERDVD.....

My Friend, I agree except BluRay, still DVD's are 5.1(DD5.1) or Latest DTS ES(6.1)... I am stunned with Bluray Movies in my speakers and never know this speakers are such a beast.

The only Drawback I saw in this speakers is CENTER speaker. They would have made little Powerful than other satellites to make Voice more punchier.

static_x

In the zone
Listen to Cambridge Minx speakers their 2.1 range starts from 40K and 5.1 from 60k...rush to your nearest audio store selling these...give it a try and I bet you'll forget all Boses, logitechs, altecs.....ha ha ha ...and the size is so small that you may not locate the satellites in the room...AWESOME is the only word....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If small size is the requirement then have a look at Anthony Gallo Satellites. Design meets performance.

Monitor audio is also a very strong player.

static_x

In the zone
If small size is the requirement then have a look at Anthony Gallo Satellites. Design meets performance.

Monitor audio is also a very strong player.

I agree..listen to Monitor Audios M2 these small bunnies are enough to blow you away..the precision in sound is awesome...M2s 2 spk (bookshelf spk) set is for 15K :neutral:

S_V

In the zone
Listen to Cambridge Minx speakers their 2.1 range starts from 40K and 5.1 from 60k...rush to your nearest audio store selling these...give it a try and I bet you'll forget all Boses, logitechs, altecs.....ha ha ha ...and the size is so small that you may not locate the satellites in the room...AWESOME is the only word....

I might agree here.. My speakers were actually Developed By Cambridge Soundworks ,it's clearly on Woofer rear. Creative did not design it...

So i can expect their quality in that mini speakers...

Last edited:

static_x

In the zone
^^
Cambridge made so many speakers in the past for Creative...
even i have a 12 year old Creative (Cambridge Soundworks) 4.1 speaker system (bought @14k) and it will make many of the recent speakers shiver....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
BOSE is meant for true Audiophile's.
I didn''t get you. What exactly you want me to differ....
Bose is obviously for the ppl who are willing to cash more than usual! And you mentioned tweaking capabilities in Bose. Can you share some? Coz, I havent

heard any.
If i am correct they dont even provide wattage ratings & specs for their systems! :p

My Friend, I agree except BluRay, still DVD's are 5.1(DD5.1) or Latest DTS ES(6.1)... I am stunned with Bluray Movies in my speakers and never know this

speakers are such a beast.
Agreed! Only Blu-Ray movies have 8 channel surround audio tracks. Apart from that, everything played on it will get up-scaled!

Can i Ask you One question? Did you by chance had any experience with S750 in Gaming?
Luckily, I had.
Honestly, i didn't find any difference. Can you tell me the name of game which has 8 channel surround audio built in & available as an option? Even if you're

saying that, your side speakers are reproducing sound while playing games; IMO, that is nothing but real-time sound up-scaling done by the system and audio

card.

The only Drawback I saw in this speakers is CENTER speaker. They would have made little Powerful than other satellites to make Voice

more punchier.
I've heard both in movies and games.
I find Z5500's sub to be more capable of delivering blasts and booms than S750's! Thnx to massive 10" sub. S750 have better satellites(dual drivers). They've

more cleaner and have sharper notes. On technical grounds, Z5500D have more connectivity and decoding options than S750. For manufacturer, Cambridge audio

works definitely have upper band. Logitech on the other hand stayed well in game with Tang-Band sat(aluminum phase plugs) and sub(WT-644F PA) audio drivers!
No offense to S750 owners. This is from my own prospective. Opinions may vary.
Though verdict still remains solid: "Go with what your Ears tell Best!" :)

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
Bose is obviously for the ppl who are willing to cash more than usual! And you mentioned tweaking capabilities in Bose. Can you share some? Coz, I havent

heard any.
If i am correct they dont even provide wattage ratings & specs for their systems! :p

You totally got it wrong.. Did i say we can tweak anywhere... I am just pointing to other member who told Bose is for only rich and who don't know how to tweak their speakers.. [Please go through this thread once before you start questions]

yes, BOSE is the one of the companies who setup Home Theaters according to your style and suits to your Room space and design.. They will personal come to your house and advise their setup which suits best for that environment. That's why they charge more.

I am not FAN of Bose or seller ,so please stop asking about BOSE now.. If you want i can give you their contact details for more info..

Also I too wonder why they don't mention about their speakers spec's...

Though verdict still remains solid: "Go with what your Ears tell Best!"

yeah.... you are right....

your ears got set to Logitech and nothing we can do about it to convenience you... ;)

In fact i am used to Both Logitech 5500 and s750.. Loggy got few advantages regarding connectivity ..yes S750 lacks in it.. They should have include inbuilt Optical/Coaxial connections...

What's the sound card you guys did testing with S750. Like i told u ,for S750 sound card is Key or pre req component for its true potential. Audigy high end or X-Fi Xtrememusic is minimum to explore the true performance.. Before When we used an ordinary creative Sound card for S750, i thought Logitech is all over S750 but when we got X-FI xtreme music i changed my decision.. I am not being BIAS here. It's true fact and of course everyone has their own opinion..

For starters try Lord of the Rings Video game.. "especially "I see you" Background Voice is completely missing in Logitech rear speakers infact sometimes we didn't really heard it. With S750 it's all over the speakers... You don't have to see option for 7.1 or 8 channels in game settings becoz not all games have advanced audio options.. But yes there are games which clearly shows you 7.1 option in settings.. Might be they used Windows Control panel module in their audio settings code. so depends on your config..it shows in the options. If not 5.1 is max you can see in games.. That doesn't mean they don't support 8 channels.. That's where HighEnd sound cards does the Job..

My fav game since 2001 is "Geoff Crammond Grand Prix 4" does 8 channel becoz of good sound card.. Yes, I play that game till now becoz i am huge fan of F1..

Regarding Blasts ,sorry i Don't agree with you...I didn't find much difference between them.. It's just treble is better in logitech. Logitech Channels are weak compared to S750 satellites. Watch pearl Harbour, in both speakers . you will know the difference....

In The Great Raid Movie... The MG 42 machine gun sounded brutal in S750 compared to 5500...

I have watched more than 700 DVD movies in both speakers.. I can say as Owner for Both Speakers... S750 rules over 5500D [55/45].. I only think i didn't like S750 is center speaker where Loggy got good punch in it.. That's it... Speaker placement sure makes lot of difference...

No offence... Watch Region 1 DVD's like available In "Cinema Paradiso" outlets unlike dumb DVD's releases in India (Bigflix, shops etc).. Majority DVD's from Region1 does have DTS as well as DTS ES for English Movies.. There is lot of difference between Region 1 and other region DVD's in both sound and video... ofcourse provided goodies like extras,,

Also I don't watch DVDRIPs at all becoz of my Large screen as well as speakers.. Rips have very bad sound quality compared to DVD's .. Just in case if you think i may be watching Rips and talking here.. NO i am not...

Also this is my Last comment in this Thread about this topic. Since the way i see it you wanted to prove that i am wrong about 8 channels gaming,BOSE (tweaking lol), Great Logitech 5500D Blasts... ;)

Last edited:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
You totally got it wrong.. Did i say we can tweak anywhere... I am just pointing to other member who told Bose is for only rich and who don't know how to tweak their speakers.. [Please go through this thread once before you start questions]
Your comprehension was quite different in what you said earlier and what you are saying right now! Apologies though.

I am not FAN of Bose or seller ,so please stop asking about BOSE now.. If you want i can give you their contact details for more info..
Who are you referring to? May be again "just pointing to other member"..! Right?

your ears got set to Logitech and nothing we can do about it to convenience you... ;)
Did i say mine are set to Logitech? And convenience for me about what?

In fact i am used to Both Logitech 5500 and s750.. Loggy got few advantages regarding connectivity ..yes S750 lacks in it.. They should have include inbuilt Optical/Coaxial connections...

...but when we got X-FI xtreme music i changed my decision..

...Regarding Blasts ,sorry i Don't agree with you...I didn't find much difference between them.. It's just treble is better in logitech.

....Logitech Channels are weak compared to S750 satellites.

I can say as Owner for Both Speakers... S750 rules over 5500D [55/45].. I only think i didn't like S750 is center speaker where Loggy got good punch in it.. That's it... Speaker placement sure makes lot of difference...
I dont know what to say! :p

Also I don't watch DVDRIPs at all becoz of my Large screen as well as speakers.. Rips have very bad sound quality compared to DVD's .. Just in case if you think i may be watching Rips and talking here.. NO i am not...
Nobody said that & nobody thinks you are!

Also this is my Last comment in this Thread about this topic. Since the way i see it you wanted to prove that i am wrong about 8 channels gaming,BOSE (tweaking lol), Great Logitech 5500D Blasts... ;)
I didnt want to prove anything here, friend. Just like anyone, I shared my opinions and views.
I'll still stand with what i said before. :)

Top Bottom