Best software to covert DVD to VCD directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifford

Broken In
Hi guys......

well i have 4 DVD's my friend gave to convert from DVD to Vcd format...as i tried googling but never got a straight solution.... its either payed software to be downloaded its some times frustrating u know :mad: ...... my question to u guys is.... which is the best free software i can download to convert the movies to a VCD....as i am new to all this can u also explain me the technicalities behind the coversion in breif..... so i dont end up screwing up somewhere :p .....

thanking in advance

clifford fernandes (Goa)

slugger

Banned
4 a FREEWARE solution u cud use

Kate's Video Converter

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Video converter which can convert video file between all popular video formats including AVI, WMV, MOV , DIVX, ASF, 3GP, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, VCD-PAL ,VCD-NTSC, SVCD-PAL, SVCD-NTSC, DVD-PAL, DVD-NTSC and other formats. [/FONT][/FONT]

Nero Recode 2.2.6.17c

u cud also try deez out

DVD to VCD Ripper

DVD to VCD SVCD MPEG AVI Converter 2.05

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have a slightly different requirements & looking for a software which can reduce a

4GB movie to a cd format,
700mb avi to 200mb

the movies are avi/divx format.

any software to do that ??

slugger

Banned
ranjan2001 said:
I have a slightly different requirements & looking for a software which can reduce a

4GB movie to a cd format,
700mb avi to 200mb

the movies are avi/divx format.

any software to do that ??
y dont u try out

SUPER © v2007.build.23

shud do d job ;)

OP
C

clifford

Broken In
i will give it a shot..... thanks for the info slugger..well another question to u is wat abt if i wnna make a menu incase i have a4 movies on 1 DVD

Anindya

In the zone
a big thanks to slugger for these sw links. Even i had come now to find a sw to convert dvd to avi. I want to make 2 dvds out of that avi after editing a bit. Tell me will the avi file be of same quality as when it is converted from dv? or will it be of poor quality than that?

slugger

Banned
clifford said:
i will give it a shot..... thanks for the info slugger..well another question to u is wat abt if i wnna make a menu incase i have a4 movies on 1 DVD

r d 4 movies in *.vob format or r dey *.avi files?

if dey r in *.vob format using VCD Menu Lite shud do d job
not so sure if it duz d same wit *.avi files, but u cud give it a try and tell us if it duz ;)

slugger

Banned
Anindya said:
Slugger i think u missed my question.
:D LOL!!!! :D
i dint really answer ur question (check out d quote)

as 4 ur query about qlty of avi,

well d final qlty among other things depnds a lot on d codec and d bitrate @ which it is encoded

it is generally agreed upon dat saving a *.VOB into *.avi keeping a traget of 1.4 GB file size with 192 kbps audio will give u a *.avi file dat is DVD qlty (@ least 2 ur eyes ;))

Anindya

In the zone
That means u say that when i will be converting the vob file to avi the file size of avi should be a minimun of 1.4gb? Did i understand correctly?

slugger

Banned
not minmum but a target file size of 1.4GB

or else u cud set vdo bitrate 2 800-900 kbps and den encode d file

but if u new 2 encodin den by setting d target file size 2 1.4 GB d sw will do all d other adjustments 2 optimise ur vdo 4 dat file size

also make 2 passes of encoding instead of a single pass, will give u better result

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
my personal opinion, when it comes to DVD to AVI, noting can come close a free ware called AutoGK + DVD Decrypter... one word for the combination of 2, the best...

there is a not a single con of these software too me, apart from AutoGK will need heavy system, resources... but when it comes to quality, nothing comes close to AutoGK....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom