• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Best software to covert DVD to VCD directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifford

Broken In
Hi guys......

well i have 4 DVD's my friend gave to convert from DVD to Vcd format...as i tried googling but never got a straight solution.... its either payed software to be downloaded its some times frustrating u know :mad: ...... my question to u guys is.... which is the best free software i can download to convert the movies to a VCD....as i am new to all this can u also explain me the technicalities behind the coversion in breif..... so i dont end up screwing up somewhere :p .....

thanking in advance

clifford fernandes (Goa)

slugger

Banned
4 a FREEWARE solution u cud use

Kate's Video Converter

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Video converter which can convert video file between all popular video formats including AVI, WMV, MOV , DIVX, ASF, 3GP, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, VCD-PAL ,VCD-NTSC, SVCD-PAL, SVCD-NTSC, DVD-PAL, DVD-NTSC and other formats. [/FONT][/FONT]

Nero Recode 2.2.6.17c

u cud also try deez out

DVD to VCD Ripper

DVD to VCD SVCD MPEG AVI Converter 2.05

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have a slightly different requirements & looking for a software which can reduce a

4GB movie to a cd format,
700mb avi to 200mb

the movies are avi/divx format.

any software to do that ??

OP
C

clifford

Broken In
i will give it a shot..... thanks for the info slugger..well another question to u is wat abt if i wnna make a menu incase i have a4 movies on 1 DVD

Anindya

In the zone
a big thanks to slugger for these sw links. Even i had come now to find a sw to convert dvd to avi. I want to make 2 dvds out of that avi after editing a bit. Tell me will the avi file be of same quality as when it is converted from dv? or will it be of poor quality than that?

slugger

Banned
clifford said:
i will give it a shot..... thanks for the info slugger..well another question to u is wat abt if i wnna make a menu incase i have a4 movies on 1 DVD

r d 4 movies in *.vob format or r dey *.avi files?

if dey r in *.vob format using VCD Menu Lite shud do d job
not so sure if it duz d same wit *.avi files, but u cud give it a try and tell us if it duz ;)

slugger

Banned
Anindya said:
Slugger i think u missed my question.
:D LOL!!!! :D
i dint really answer ur question (check out d quote)

as 4 ur query about qlty of avi,

well d final qlty among other things depnds a lot on d codec and d bitrate @ which it is encoded

it is generally agreed upon dat saving a *.VOB into *.avi keeping a traget of 1.4 GB file size with 192 kbps audio will give u a *.avi file dat is DVD qlty (@ least 2 ur eyes ;))

Anindya

In the zone
That means u say that when i will be converting the vob file to avi the file size of avi should be a minimun of 1.4gb? Did i understand correctly?

slugger

Banned
not minmum but a target file size of 1.4GB

or else u cud set vdo bitrate 2 800-900 kbps and den encode d file

but if u new 2 encodin den by setting d target file size 2 1.4 GB d sw will do all d other adjustments 2 optimise ur vdo 4 dat file size

also make 2 passes of encoding instead of a single pass, will give u better result

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
my personal opinion, when it comes to DVD to AVI, noting can come close a free ware called AutoGK + DVD Decrypter... one word for the combination of 2, the best...

there is a not a single con of these software too me, apart from AutoGK will need heavy system, resources... but when it comes to quality, nothing comes close to AutoGK....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom