Best SE walkman phone around 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
But doesn't java make all the difference ? Because in real world, people don't buy smartphones to run apps, they just buy a cheap java capable phone to run an application out of the repository of countless java apps found online.

Anyway, WHAT is the level of java weakness in S40 phones ? For example, comparing 3110c and W200i. Give an example to show java's weak performance with nokia.
Well I wouldn't suggest any Java phone for anybody interested in installing apps. None of the Java apps come close to the level of native Symbian or Windows Mobile apps.

As for the weaknesses, it is with respect to the speed of the apps. The start up/shutdown times of the apps are slower. The responses of the apps are also slower; pressing a button produces a response slightly later than expected.

Well I wouldn't suggest any Java phone for anybody interested in installing apps. None of the Java apps come close to the level of native Symbian or Windows Mobile apps.

Are you aware of the cost difference between java phones and winmo/symbian/linux/palm phones ? I think cost alone would make all the difference.

As for the weaknesses, it is with respect to the speed of the apps. The start up/shutdown times of the apps are slower. The responses of the apps are also slower; pressing a button produces a response slightly later than expected.

Really ? What about Nokia 5130XM ? How will it fare at java gaming compared to W200i ?
And is there a QVGA Sony phone below 6K ?

PS: does Motorola W388 look like a contender to the SE W200i ?
*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_w388-2473.php
*expressindiashopping.rediff.com/sh...NTY&prrfnbr=10303271&source=browse&frompg=New

Looks quite encouraging if you ask me. Wonder how Java in motorola fares compared to Sony Erricson.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

I think nokia 5200 is a good enough phone.its sound quality is decent.

MasterMinds

hell boy
2gb m2 card wil b near 1k i guess...!! And no nokia phone can beat w200 in sound quality and java apps handling under same price range...B it 3110 or 3500

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Are you aware of the cost difference between java phones and winmo/symbian/linux/palm phones ? I think cost alone would make all the difference.

Really ? What about Nokia 5130XM ? How will it fare at java gaming compared to W200i ?
And is there a QVGA Sony phone below 6K ?
Of course I am aware of the prices. But if you want performance then you should be willing to pay the price.

It'll be decent. But W200i will still be a bit better.
And no nokia phone can beat w200 in sound quality and java apps handling under same price range...B it 3110 or 3500
And on what basis are you claiming this? Have you ever listened to either 3110c or 3500c other than with their default headsets? Just because either the 3110c or the 3500c lack a fancy brand name after their names doesn't mean they are any worse at playing music.

Memory stick prices for Sony is 1K for 2GB ? That alone makes sony outrageous.
And could S40's java weakness be due to slower MicroSD compared to Sony's M2 ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
yep I have used them...And with ep630.....Any thing better to use with them?
Well in that case we should just agree to disagree with each other on this as I have found them to be pretty much on par. :)

Memory stick prices for Sony is 1K for 2GB ? That alone makes sony outrageous.
And could S40's java weakness be due to slower MicroSD compared to Sony's M2 ?
No. The speed difference remains even if the app is installed on the phone memory.

Last edited:
OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
hi friends,

At last i bought motorkr E6. so, i my choice good.it cost me Rs.9,100 .now they named it as motorkr E6e it seems.

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
hi friends,

At last i bought motorkr E6. so, i my choice good.it cost me Rs.9,100 .now they named it as motorkr E6e it seems.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
But i tell you this ! w200 Sucks !!!
And the digit member has always made choices with Wisdom and Strength !!

nothing to win if you guess from where i got the dialogs !! LOL !!

Hey guys, Motoyuva W388 has a 128x128 screen, and remaining specs match W200i and a little of 3110c. Does it seem a good alternative because while W200i has expensive memory, 3110c has cheap (pun intended) java ?

And how is the LG KG195 @ Rs. 3,490 ?

Edit: I found that the W388 is also 128x160.

And here is a comparison between them on GSMArena. But I am still not sure which is better. (I had shelved my plans to buy a 3110c, 5130XM and W200i, after noticing the various disadvantages which seem higher than they actually are due to the higher price).

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2068&idPhone1=2473

Last edited:

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
@ ^^
dun go for LG KG195 its a total crap..
crap crap crap in evry possible sense
at this price range 3110c only seems to b a gud option as it has got evrythng even d music playback is superb although only drawback in this fone is it does hangs at times may b upgrading to new firmware will help one to get rid of this prob..
alternatively nokia 5300 cud b steal deal if u add few bucks to ur budget!

even w300i is a better option but dunno its still available in d market or not

Last edited:
^^Why is it a crap ? It appears quite good at 3.5K, which is Rs. 1,000 less than 3110c, and thats a significant amount IMO.

It has bluetooth, which W200i lacks, and it even seems to beat Motorolla W388 by a small amount (still not sure) in this: *www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2068&idPhone1=2473

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom