Best nvidia gtx 590 card

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys i wanted your help to narrow my gpu purchase as its the final for my friend pc build as we planning in a week or 10 days max. I found out that instead of going for gtx 580 which is costing me 30+ k arround Plus 2-3k for certain brands espcially with high vram.

I finally thought zotac would be of good choice ie GTX590 3GB VRAM costing 39k includes shipping.

As wise to invest extra 9k instead going for another 30 k in a year or two. As this setup atleast push be next couple of years until games push the card downline to less than 20fps in a normal HD DISPLAY.

i need your help to finalize

spec
INTEL CORE I7 4.6GH OC ( d14 cooler)
gskill 2133 8gb kit
segate 2gb internall 5900 rpm
western digital 2tb 3.0 usb
haf x cm case
glacial tech 950 watt single rail upto 800 watts

I wanted to know if this one card will run smoothly with the above power supply.

Thanks

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
GTX 590 is a strict NO NO because of VRM issues. HD 6990 4GB is the way to go - the better and slightly faster card + fastest reference card in the world. Get this: MSI R6990-4PD4GD5

Also, effective VRAM in GTX 590 3 GB and HD 6990 4 GB is 1.5 GB and 2GB respectively.

Look out for Asus Mars II Dual GTX 580 3 GB. This is the fastest card in the world, but I don't think it is available anywhere in India.

Power supply is fine.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I cant get it ico whats VRM if i am not going to overclock the card or game with multiple monitors. I know there had been few issues with the heat dissipation. But i had a good case with neet cooling. So that wont be an issue for me. Since i am using the matx its more spacious than ever. So let me know if anyone had serious issue in terms of vrm . Zotac is good brand i dont think it will really cause issue with the card. only one piece i was managed to get. let me know.

590 VRM Discussion

The above link proves that only OC will blow the card. Which i am not intending to do. Why to overclock if it can already perform at decent fps. May be a firmware update later to fix the max limit.

Tarun

In the zone
VRM stands For Voltage Regulators module

A voltage regulator module or VRM, sometimes called PPM (processor power module), is a buck converter that provides a microprocessor the appropriate supply voltage, converting +5 V or +12 V to a much lower voltage required by the CPU. Some are soldered to the motherboard while others are installed in an open slot. It allows processors with different supply voltage to be mounted on the same motherboard. Most modern CPUs require less than 1.5 volts. CPU designers tend to design to smaller CPU core voltages; lower voltages help reduce CPU power dissipation, often referred to as TDP or Thermal Design Power
there is a risk i would rather go for 2x6970 its 18k each and a 6990 is for 43k 6970 Xfired will perform slightly better then a 6990

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I cant get it ico whats VRM if i am not going to overclock the card or game with multiple monitors. I know there had been few issues with the heat dissipation. But i had a good case with neet cooling. So that wont be an issue for me. Since i am using the matx its more spacious than ever. So let me know if anyone had serious issue in terms of vrm . Zotac is good brand i dont think it will really cause issue with the card. only one piece i was managed to get. let me know.

590 VRM Discussion

The above link proves that only OC will blow the card. Which i am not intending to do. Why to overclock if it can already perform at decent fps. May be a firmware update later to fix the max limit.
Cards of people have died without OC. This is a reference design from nVidia. Zotac have followed what nVidia told them to do. The VRMs are weak in the reference design and that can't be denied - whether you overclock or not.

There was a string of GTX 590s blowing up in reviews.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You can get a GTX 590 but please dont OC it.

6990 is the better buy if you are not worried about Tessellation-heavy games.

Top Bottom