Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPhone ?

Best Music Phone !

• Nokia N81

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • SE W910i

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Moto E8

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Samsung i450

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Apple iPhone

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Best Music Phone ...

In terms of audio quality, loudness, interface, innovativeness, ease of use, and blah blah blah ...

The nominatios are:
Nokia N81
SE w910i
Moto E8
Samsung i450
Apple iPhone

What's your opinion ?

(And tell me if I forgot any important phone in this category ?)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Re: Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPho

I'll be honest with you and tell that this whole thing is pointless. To compare the sound quality of devices, one needs to listen to them with the same set of headphones with the same audio file for some time to come to the conclusion as to which one is better. Tell me. How many people do you think here have done that? Almost everybody here would have heard just a few of all the phones here, that too may not be under ideal conditions. So how can anyone here say which phone sounds better without properly hearing to all of them?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Re: Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPho

^^ +1 this thing is pointless and will start WARS

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

as far as UI of music player is concernedmy vote goes to the Samsung i450.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!

I'll be honest with you and tell that this whole thing is pointless.

^^ +1 this thing is pointless and will start WARS

I know that unless specific tests in lab are conducted, it cannot be determined which one is the best.

But, I just wanted to know a common man's viewpoint.

Or, to put it in another way,
If you were to buy a phone for listening to music, which one would you buy among the listed models ?

Does my question sound better now?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

OMG!!!!
I mean you cant just stick out 5 phones and comment on whcih is the best.Can you? Sound quality is totally subjective.What may sound good to me may not sound as good to you.
As far as UI goes SE takes the cake.Auto playlists with timeline filter,genre filter,sense me, auto rotate,etc etc.Its heaven for music lovers.Your songs get auto playlisted according to the year, to the genre, just have to select your playlist and you are ready to roll.
As far as loudness goes the W910 takes the cue from the aboive mentioned phones.the other criteria are totally subjective.

Pathik

Google Bot

Out of these, I have handled only the iPhone and the N81 and somewhat the w910i. the N81 was definitely better.
Yet considering reviews and other stuff, I would say N81 is the best all rounder. E8 and i450 have a unique UI. w910i is the normal SE stuff. and iPhone would be too costly to even figure in this comparision.

Third Eye

gooby pls

Samsung i450 is the best in audio quality.See RMAA result.Interface thing is highly subjective and what W910i is doing there. :p :D Samsung Serenata owns every mobile here.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!

+x for N81, w910i pretty good too..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

i have listened to same songs ( 320 kbps mp3 ones) on same eq settings using ep 630 with n91 and n82 ...guess what ..did not find any difference at all .. but then again, i am no expert in judging sound quality of various devices ...

i'll take samsung i450 followed by nokia n81 ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Yea according to RMAA tests samsung leads followed by SE.Even the k770 beats the n81 when it comes to professionalized sound testing.Nokia has a long way to go to catch up with SE and samsung.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Nokia has a long way to go to catch up with SE and samsung.
Lolz. Nokia pawned SE long ago when they launched N91. SE hasn't even caught up with the SQ of N91 yet. :D And for audiophiles the RMAA test figures hardly matter. They use their ears to judge and according to them, Nokia's N91, N81, 5310 generally pawn Walkman series. Well that's what I've seen.

IN SQ,
NOKIA*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animated/anim_06.gif SE. :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^^I would say the opposite however.The N81 is a big flop by all standards.N91 was a grat phone.But weighed 200 gms.The W890 weighs 77g and sounds quite good. Gsmarena clearly states that SE and Samsung rule the race.Samsung winning of course.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

^^ N81 wasn't that successful mostly because of the camera. People expected at least a 3mp camera in it which it lacked. Plus a couple of grands more and one could get the N82, which is what ultimately people went for anyway, even though N81 sounds better than N82.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

^^^^I would say the opposite however.The N81 is a big flop by all standards.N91 was a grat phone.But weighed 200 gms.The W890 weighs 77g and sounds quite good. Gsmarena clearly states that SE and Samsung rule the race.Samsung winning of course.

Now when did weight come in between Audio? :eek:

Pathik

Google Bot

N81 is a great fone. BTW e71 is 21k. :( . I wonder how they will be able to sell the e71, e66 and n78 with them being priced so close (e71,66 being more costlier) to the n82.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@pathik
ur avatar looks cool and so is the name (in green):)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

if nokia would have put a 3mp cam module with xenon flash in n81 ..it would have been a super hit ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom