Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPhone ?

Best Music Phone !

• Nokia N81

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • SE W910i

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Moto E8

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Samsung i450

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Apple iPhone

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPho

Wow! The people on this forum completely take me by surprise sometimes.

In a poll about which is the best phone for playing any sort of media (and music in particular), the iPhone should get all the votes, let alone being third in the list. Synchronisation with iTunes, an amazing interface, high resolution artwork, Cover Flow, lyrics support, genres, playlists, smart playlists, On-the-Go playlist, albums, artists, ratings and the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store—it’s all there.

I can understand the iPhone losing out in a lot of comparisons but when it comes to it’s media playing and Internet capabilities, it simply has no competitor. None at all.

------------------

@iatb.gourav,
Look at my location field, will you? It’s not often that I see people from Siliguri around these parts. :)

Tamoghno

Padawan
Re: Best Music Phone - Nokia N81 vs SE w910i vs Moto E8 vs Samsung i450 vs Apple iPho

Today i went to a mobile shop.i compared the i450 with my friends n81 through a bose headphone(the one given in some nokia in store kiosk). I played celine dion's "i'm alive" on both phone.and honestly i could hardly find any difference. On no equalizer settings i450 sounded richer to me. But after putting i450 in "bass and treble" settings and n81 in custom V shaped eq i could hardly tell any difference. Except n81 seemed to have higher volume output .

And the naviwheel is not very user friendly. You have to give certain amount of pressure and drag to make it work. Which isn't very pleasant with that rubber surface. And the speaker position makes the sound muffled when slides not open upwards.

What do you guys think of i450 ? Isn't it too overpriced for its feature ?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^ Most people here use wondows.SE synchronizes directly with Windows media player.For interface, Iphone gets my vote.the big screen comes with extra bucks, cant really take that into consideration.genres,playlists are supported.SE also has timeline sorting where songs are listed according to the year.Albums,artists,favourites there. Most played,etc etc. All these in a 14k package.

SE has a collaboration with napster. Record a song with trackid, for example you like a song playing in ur phone's fm. Just track that song and buy it instantly from SE's 5 million database. Beat that apple. :D

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

NOKIA also directly synchronizes with windows media player 10

they give plugin sort of something for wmp synchronization

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!

Isn't dis fanboyism.. Going at each other for some companies.. They all have own style, nokia has always tried to get a lot of features into thier phones, while sony tries to have the stylish look and features still keeping da phone under a normal price.. And rest too have thier own style.. I know a few ppl who swear by motorola..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ Afterall, the war has started :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Nah i was talking in general. Looking through all ur posts in the forum. The navi wheel is a great inclusion by Samsung and its not a gimmick by any means.

In the first post, I talked about the advantages of i450 over 5700. In the second I commented about the wheel and dual sliding. So what's wrong with that? I was never a fan of superfluous stuff. The dual sliding in N95 and i450, the twisting keypad in 5700, the Sense Me and Shake control in Walkman phones are all marketing gimmicks. They have little practical use.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^okay okay.I never saw you commenting on any Nokia products, my bad.

Tamoghno

Padawan

I dont think dual sliding in n95 is gimmick. Those keys really comes handy when playing ngage games is landscape. Though the multimedia menu sucks

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

^^^ thats enabled after a hack.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

What exactly is the 3D surround in i450???

Tamoghno

Padawan

Believe me , the 3d surround is worst feature of i450 . It sounds like you're sitting in big empty room and 2-3 stages of echo of every sounds. Maybe it feels like you're sitting in big empty room. But that cannot be called good sound .

Can anyone assure if we can edit custom equalizer on i450 ? I couldn't find any way to edit or add eq settings

goobimama

 Macboy

*img.skitch.com/20080708-g9kewyti7kh39n98rx2rkrrhsw.jpg
Eh!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

^^ dude you can even get that lyrics on N81 if you use LCG jukebox

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Can anyone assure if we can edit custom equalizer on i450 ? I couldn't find any way to edit or add eq settings

There is no way to adjust equalisers in i450. You'll have to use the presets or download and install LCG Jukebox. LCG Jukebox also supports lyrics like the iPhone and has built-in internet radio.

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ dude you can even get that lyrics on N81 if you use LCG jukebox
Sure it can do. Even a Winamp in Windows 95 can. But interface matters here. Especially since lyrics just pop up on a single tap of the screen and have a butter smooth scrolling. Awesome for storing guitar chords and notations...

Tamoghno

Padawan

For interface +1000000000 for iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom