Best mobo for 2500k or 2500

I would like to upgrade my pc processor.I am not in overclocking and would like to buy a decent motherboard with the above processor.Help needed.

Is there a compatibility issue of h67 chipset with k version of the processor?

Please recommend a good motherboard for the above processor.

My overall budget is Rs 17k.

I also plan to use my current hitachi hard disk,LG dvd rw,MSI HD 6850 OC edition GPU,zebronics 500w psu with it.

Are there some points which I should keep in my mind while using the above components with the new processor and mobo.

Will my AMD GPU work perfectly with intel components or I should go for phenom x6 1100t BE.

THANKXX In Advance.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Okay, for Core i5 2500k, you will need a P67 or Z68 motherboard for overclocking.

H67 chipset doesn't support overclocking.

So first decide, DO YOU WANT TO OVERCLOCK?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IF no ocing then feel free to get a core i5 2500 along with a H67 mobo but there's really no point in getting a SB k series cpu+H67 mobo as K series cpu is for OCers and H67 will not let you OC SB K series CPU.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Go for Without k processor if you're not going to overclock.

Intel Core i5 2400|9300
MSI H67MA-E35(B3)|4600
Corsair GS600|3800
Total| 17700

Last edited:

Beds

Broken In
Unlike H67, will the P67 require an extra GPU? or 2500K will be sufficient for handling the graphics?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
P67 mobos don't has any Integrated Graphics Ports ( read VGA/DVI/HDMI ) on the mobo so if you want get a P67 you'll need to buy a discrete graphics card along with it.

IF you want to get a 2500k and want to use it's gfx capability ( without any discrete gpu ) then you'll need to buy a Z68 mobo with IGP ports like MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3) @ 8.5k or Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ;-)

Beds

Broken In
Again Z68 & P67 - which one will be a better value for money, with i5 2500K and a discrete graphics like Radeon HD5670 or HD 6870. Purpose is gaming + AutoCAD also sound editing shall be done in FL Studio etc. for which a sound card will be there.

Cilus

laborare est orare
karan.chopra, although the MSi one is having better capacitors and can handle more power, it is practically useless in a H67 mobo. The reason is overclocking is not possible in H67 chipset and CPU will always run within its TDP value which can be handled by the Intel DH67VR-B3 board also.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if the price and other features are similar then it's better to opt for mobo with better capacitors as this means longer longevity ;-)

Top Bottom