Best ISP in KOLKATA

hannibal2469

Journeyman
Hi,
I want to know which ISP is the best in kolkata ( best as in regarding consistently providing the advertised speed, and also it should provide reliable connectivity)
please keep in mind
1. i live in salt lake city sector 2 kolkata
2. i am considering a plan of around 1mbps so i need something which is not overpriced
Thanks

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You live in Salt Lake? Which block?
Sector 2 is not a specific place. You should ask local cable-wallahs, as they provide cheap but good broadband.
At BD block, I'm using this broadband for last 5 years, and in my block they provide Meghbela broadband through their channel. Its cheap, fast & reliable.
Basically costs 600/- for 1Mbps unlimited (4mbps at night).
850/- for 2mbps unlimited (4mbps at night)
1099/- for 5mbps unlimited (10mbps at night).

SunE

Professional Newbie
If you wanna play games online then Reliance gives great pings. If your main concern is Downloading then go for something like Alliance or whatever is locally available in your area.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Sector 2 is not a specific place. You should ask local cable-wallahs, as they provide cheap but good broadband.
At BD block, I'm using this broadband for last 5 years, and in my block they provide Meghbela broadband through their channel. Its cheap, fast & reliable.

I pay around 840+ for a bsnl 750 unlimited plan. 1mbps for first 6gb and then 512kbps.
I would almost kill for tariffs like those.

How is the service ?

Edit: Checked the tariff on the site. Seems the rates are revised.

Last edited:

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
If you wanna play games online then Reliance gives great pings. If your main concern is Downloading then go for something like Alliance or whatever is locally available in your area.

Reliance I have been using for months and they gives very very bad Pings. I tested and it came out 536 pings which is worst case for playing online games. But for downloading purpose its very good and reasonablely priced.

Can you tell whether Pings are good or not of Meghbala ?

thanks

mitraark

Decrepit
I too am stuck between
Reliance Wired 2 Mbps @ Rs 699 p.m. - Welcome to Reliance Communications
and
Alliance/Wishnet Cable broadband, 500kbps (2mbps from 0100-0900) ~ Rs 550 p.m. - Alliance Broadband Internet service rates

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths

Is it pacenet?

neo240

Broken In
I used to work with Alliance and got 200-250ms ping while playing wow and other games. Pretty good considering other services. Also I stayed in sec 3 and almost had a issue every week. But other than that their service is good. And the peering rocks (not tried in Salt Lake) in howrah I even got 8-10mbps on Torrents.

Right now getting Amica Broadband and will see how they fare.

Also about the guy saying 50ms latency. Its complete bull **** they pull on us. They check with their local or indian servers but majority of the sites are in US so no point checking the local ping times. Local ping =10-50ms but US=180-250ms.

quicky008

Technomancer
I pay around 840+ for a bsnl 750 unlimited plan. 1mbps for first 6gb and then 512kbps.
I would almost kill for tariffs like those.

How is the service ?

Edit: Checked the tariff on the site. Seems the rates are revised.

I am also facing a similar predicament-i pay around Rs 850 each month for an unlimited bsnl connection whereas many of my friends who live elsewhere get 512 kbps broadband connectivity from their cable operators for as low as Rs 500.I live in a remote area and the cable operators we have here don't even know what broadband actually is,so I've been compelled to go for a bsnl connection,which is not only expensive but also is rather unreliable as it stops working every now and then due to link failures.I feel envious of people who actually get such high speed connections for as little as Rs 600 each month-i wish i was that lucky!

I just checked the link posted by mitraark to Reliance's broadband portal and it seems they are offering hi-speed connections at pretty reasonable prices-I'm particularly tempted by their Thunder 549 plan,which offers a 1 Mbps download speed,but couldn't figure out how much will i actually have to pay for it each month-can anyone kindly explain it to me?What exactly do their quarterly/half yearly/annual rental charges mean?

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Does ALLIANCE broadband connection comes to howrah?

Anyone using it In Howrah?
-------------------------------------

I am using Reliance and there speed is superb . But as far as Pings are concerened for online games, Its just tooooo BAD!

I am also facing a similar predicament-i pay around Rs 850 each month for an unlimited bsnl connection whereas many of my friends who live elsewhere get 512 kbps broadband connectivity from their cable operators for as low as Rs 500.I live in a remote area and the cable operators we have here don't even know what broadband actually is,so I've been compelled to go for a bsnl connection,which is not only expensive but also is rather unreliable as it stops working every now and then due to link failures.I feel envious of people who actually get such high speed connections for as little as Rs 600 each month-i wish i was that lucky!

I just checked the link posted by mitraark to Reliance's broadband portal and it seems they are offering hi-speed connections at pretty reasonable prices-I'm particularly tempted by their Thunder 549 plan,which offers a 1 Mbps download speed,but couldn't figure out how much will i actually have to pay for it each month-can anyone kindly explain it to me?What exactly do their quarterly/half yearly/annual rental charges mean?

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!

on their website they says 1mbps costs Rs. 2000!!! :evil:
and does this "upto 4 mbps (12A.M.-8A.M.)" really works as advertised?
My cable wala is saying that he will provide me the "JET High / 384 Kbps [upto 2 mbps (12A.M.-8A.M.)]" for Rs. 600 :cry:

Utsav Ray

Right off the assembly line
hey bro m living in saltlake sec-1 in ab block. can u plz tell me a cable internet provider by which i can download unlimited in high speed without any restriction of speed?? and also in budget.. i am using bsnl and it really makes me retarded..plz rply soon bro.. thanx in advance

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
hey bro m living in saltlake sec-1 in ab block. can u plz tell me a cable internet provider by which i can download unlimited in high speed without any restriction of speed?? and also in budget.. i am using bsnl and it really makes me retarded..plz rply soon bro.. thanx in advance

Call local cable operator. They will give you best available deal.
And please don't quote or tag me.
I do not login here due to lack of time. Rarely visit, like now what I'm doing.

Shreeta

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I also want to know which ISP is the best in SOUTH Kolkata - with regards to consistently providing the advertised speed, and providing reliable connectivity

>> i live Behala, Parnashree area
>> i too am considering a plan of around 1mbps so... something which is not overpriced

Help ME!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Has anyone tried H@thway Broadband?
Their plans are a marvel if they could keep up to their promise + commitment.

Top Bottom