Best In Ear phones between Rs 600- Rs 1200

doomgiver

Warframe
not that huge a difference.
the range of M2 is flatter and more "neutral", meaning, highs lows and mids neither overpowers the others.

M1 has a famous bass which some people love.

if you like bass, get the M1.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
not that huge a difference.
the range of M2 is flatter and more "neutral", meaning, highs lows and mids neither overpowers the others.

M1 has a famous bass which some people love.

if you like bass, get the M1.

You got it entirely wrong, M2 is the king of bass, M1 is more flatter & neutral and needs more power to drive than M2.

*vr-zone.com/articles/brainwavz-m1--m2-iem-review/9701-4.html

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ok Guys based on the suggestions given by the members here I have the following options listed

Soundmagic PL11, PL12 and PL18
Philips-SHE3580
Philips She 9550 - 900rs
Soundmagic PL2
Sony MDR-EX50LP
Pl30 for 802
Philips SHE 9550,SHE 9700
Sennheiser CX180

Kindly suggest one good piece from this.

I was thinking of going for one which is more than 1k max 1.5k if it's really good. Wanted to go for Sound Magic Initially but since it's not sturdy thinking about it.

k_v

Journeyman
Ok Guys based on the suggestions given by the members here I have the following options listed

Philips-SHE3580
Philips She 9550 - 900rs
Soundmagic PL2
Sony MDR-EX50LP
Pl30 for 802
Sennheiser CX180

I was thinking of going for one which is more than 1k max 1.5k if it's really good. Wanted to go for Sound Magic Initially but since it's not sturdy thinking about it.

I have both the Soundmagic PL11 and PL21 . They're great VFM imo . But they could do with a better build quality. If you can spend 1.5k, i would suggest getting Brainwavz M1 from Pristine Note for about 1.5k. That's probably the best sub 2K IEM.

PL30 has a brilliant soundstage , though slightly lacking in bass. So, if a nice crisp sound is your thing, then opt for it. But, my suggestion would be the M1. The M1 also has a fantastic set of accessories. Foam tips :grin:

Too bad Soundmagic do not provide foam tips with the PL21..

vulpine

Broken In
I have got myself a CX 180.
My first Sennheiser. When I first used them, they sounded like crap. I was kicking myself for blindly choosing a Sennheiser. I even doubted them to be a fake OEM ones.
But as the days passed by, these have run in so well. Now, they sound really good....damn good...
In my experience so far with the earphones I 've used
EP630 entry level,clear highs and nothing else,muddy bass
PL30 clear through out the range, even bass is so clearly defined but on the lower side, sound staging is better.
CX180 not as clear as PL30, but Bass I like just perfect! what i exactly wanted. highs and mids can be better....

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Philips-SHE3580
Philips She 9550 - 900rs
Soundmagic PL2
Sony MDR-EX50LP
Pl30 for 802
Sennheiser CX180

Soundmagic products are good vfm but the same can't be said about reliability.

Philips ear-buds are neutral sounding of all from the above list, you can't go wrong with them.

Both CX180 & EX50 are a bit bass oriented compared to neutral sound of Philips.

P.S: If you are interested, I have a Sony MDR EX57SL(WHITE) for sale ;)

pratik385

In the zone
I've Sennheiser cx180 and is really great :)
i dont know much details like you guys but i has really good isolation, clear and good soundstage. Also its not boomy like sony's . My bro messed up with 180s but i repaired it and is working awesome. I got these at 1800 at Croma 2 years back i think.

but yeah you should get M1 many recommending this one, also in some forum they have compared 180 iems and there m1 also scored good points.

Go for M1 :)

k_v

Journeyman
*www.pristinenote.com/index.php?mai...id=299&zenid=fd8269b2ae4b5e77bbdf011f149c654d

Brainwavz M1 for 1580/- . They even have Cash On Delivery option. But that might be limited only for Mumbai buyers.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I'm guessing they're clearing the old stocks of M1 since the new stock M1 are coming with comply S series tips and are costlier.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys one more thing I wanted to add which I forget. Will be primarily listening to Hindi and regional movies songs not much into English and this will be for my wife who prefers more of Bass. So among the below which one would be best wrt BASS.

1. Brainwavz M1
2. Meelectronics M11
3. Seinheiser CX 180

Do you think I need to shell out around 2k for listening predominantly Indian music? Will it be worth it?
Also may have to reconsider Sound Magic.

Ok guys one last thing would M1 be good if I'm looking for more of bass then Seinheiser CX 180. Based on this I will go ahead with the purchase.

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I would still stick to M1, bass is not the only thing in music, even cx180 sounds muddy after you've listened to a proper IEM.

That said M1 has good amount of bass too.

Top Bottom