Best In Ear phones between Rs 600- Rs 1200

ajayritik

Technomancer
I need to go for a new pair of Ear phones as both my in ear phones have gone bad. Creative EP 630 and Sony Fontopia.

Does anybody have good suggestions on this?

My budget is around Rs 500.
Main purpose is to listen to music at office using the PC to avoid the disturbance of the surroundings. So it's not like I really want a great piece. As long as its decent and as much as possible block the sound from surroundings it will be good.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: Best In Ear phones

if you can be careful with your earphones, check Soundmagic PL11, PL12 and PL18. cost around 700 bucks and are pretty good.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ desiibond

How are panasonic in ears? Our forum member cilus has a set he purchased for 700 bucks. I heard some trance and celtic folk on it using my nokia 5130 xpressmusic. I found the quality much more than satisfying.

What are your opinions on this mate?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

never heard about them. and btw, look for dealer selling JVC Marshmallows for 500/- on Techenclave. One heck of an IEM it is.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

if you can be careful with your earphones, check Soundmagic PL11, PL12 and PL18. cost around 700 bucks and are pretty good.

Any idea where I can get this? Do I have to opt for online or do you think I should find this in some nearby electronic store.
Never heard about these. Are they good in quality. Also why do you mention about being careful?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

check in the electronic stores first. i find those in bangalore in many computer stores in SP road.

or you can order it online.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

check in the electronic stores first. i find those in bangalore in many computer stores in SP road.

or you can order it online.

I have one of my relatives staying in Bangalore so I can ask him to get it for me.
But only concern haven't heard about the brand.
Heard about the JVC.
Never visited techenclave. Is this some marketing/sales forum.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

go for Creative EP 630 or Creative EP 830(if you can extend budget)

What's the difference between the both wrt price and quality? Also haven't used EP 630 that much. Just borrowed it from my wife.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

don't even think of those two junk EP in-ears. muddy audio.

soundmagic is a good brand. you just need to be a bit careful with the set as it can get damaged easily. audio quality is top notch though.

TE is forum like TDF but the market section is hyper active.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Ep 630 is 600 odd bucks Ep 830 is 800 odd bucks.

Go with desibonds suggestion, he seems to know better than me about ear phones.
No offence mr. Bond

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

I'm not really that much of an audiophile desiibond. So not sure what do you mean by muddy sound. Also havent used EP 630 that much.
How is In Ear Monitor different from In Ear phones? Are both same?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yeah. it's the same. try something other than EP-630 for a long time and you will understand. one doesn't have to be an audiophile to know difference between muddled output of EP-630 and clean output of soundmagic or headdirect or whatever.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I live in Guwahati, and I dont think anything except EP 630 is available.
Soundmagic might be available. Not sure.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

@OP
EP-xxx are ****, never ever go with them. As @desiibond suggested, go for Soundmagic IEM's, they might look cheap, but performance is good.

If you are looking for Sturdy build Quality, try Philips or Sony.

Looks like your priority is to cut background noise, so you have to go for in ear types and most of the good ones are in the range of Rs.800-1000

Extend your budget a bit, you'll appreciate the premium you paid, everytime you listen through them.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

Saw a pair of Zebronics In Ear phones for Rs 180. Not sure if they will be good.
Also saw Sony In Ear Phones go Gear for Rs 800

Top Bottom