Best Email Clients........ how2take backup???????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,

I've some question realted to mail clients and backup...........

I want to know that which MAIL CLIENT is best?? I've Gmail account and yahoo with Ypop! i'm not professional user, i just want2use for sending mails to my old school and college frnds!!

Till now i've used only three mail client:
Outlook Express, MS outlook, Incredimail XE. In which I felt OE was simple and easy2use but sometime stuck with many errors like MSOE.dll and many error, and now its also unable import my backup email files (.dbx) so now i've switched to incredimail XE... Wow! its realy cool.. with many features like smileys, picture background, spelling correction etc. and also easy to import/export from outlook express or from saved folder on hard disk. But today i installed Mozilla Thunderbird v1.0.2. It has sleek & simple look with many features like smiley...etc.. And i get confused by MS outlook 2003 features coz it has too much options,

Now you guyz tell me which is the best mail client and how???
1-Outlook Express 6
2-Microsoft Outlook 2003
3-Incredimail XE
4-Mozilla ThunderBird

Bcoz sometime i've to re-install my winXP once a month due to some errors and how can i take backup of mails and re-used (import/export) again with same folders settings, rules., add.book?? I also want to change my data folder settings from C:\ drive to D:\ drive. So i can format my C:\ drive for future Re-installing of XP without any fear of deleting mails. Plaese tell me in each case abt backup and data folder settings

At present i'm using Incredimail XE with win XP PRO SP2, 512 MB ram. But also interested in using Mozilla Thunderbird due2simple and sleek look, but dont know how2take backups and re-used in future and also dont know how 2change data folder settings!!

soooooooooooooo dear friends, i hope u'll reply soon.............

--- SAURAV (PATNA)

sakumar79

Technomancer
I use Eudora for a variety of reasons. First, it is not Outlook/Outlook Express. Second, it is available in three flavours - Lite, Ad-supported and Paid (Ad-supported is free and full but has ads, lite is free, no ads but with fewer features). Third, it is easy to use. Fourth, during setup itself, you can set the message folder. Fifth, there is a feature here that I have not found in any other email client so far - you can edit the received messages and add notes to it for future reference.

Note, backing up your mails is as straight-forward as backing up the folder containing the mails. There is also selective set of files you can backup to reduce the backup size. For more info, check out *www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1602hq.html

Arun

tuxfan

Technomancer
I prefer using Outlook Express. Have a look at the following link. There are 4 things that you have to backup - Mail folders, Address Book, Mail accounts and Rules. For the first 3 have a look at the following link. For backing up rules in OE, you have to enter registry. I have it noted down somewhere but can't find it at present :( Will let you know as soon as I find out.

How to backup/restore Outlook Express data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom