Best Codec For Mobile Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead

Broken In
My point is that using avi is useless as the audio quality goes away !
if i use mpeg-4 alongwith aac lc 20-30 kbps the size is less and sound better than avi's-mp3 .

however i wanna know

1. is ogg theora (vp30 modified) better than mpeg video codec at same lower bitrate ?

2. how can i make mpeg-4 with aac+ sound in it . SUPER converter only puts aac lc on it . but aac hev2 sbr ps , is far better than it .

3. is theora better than vp62/vp70 for lower bitrates ?

My symbian mobile can play theora , mpeg , mov , avi and almost all except flv(vp 62 and vp70)
I have Buyed original version of CORE PLAYER

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
D

dead

Broken In
what a silly reply !
i am asking about which format would be good , read my points , not about any converter .
i only asked is hev2 can be embedded in mp4 (as super does lc aac only)
so if u know it can be done then reply .....
please dont make faltu posts that try this or try that !

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
The only better format that I've seen than all those you mentioned is .rmvb and I doubt if your phone can play that, yes I said .rmvb because I have seen its quality. And I doubt if even most of the Nokias and SEs can play it, the inbuilt Real Player in them is outdated. If your phone can indeed play it, look no further, grab EasyRealMedia Producer from Softpedia and see for yourself.

And please don't flame fellow members, you have asked this on a public forum, so be prepared for a few more silly replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
1. Yes its better than MPEG-4 for lower bitrates
2. Mediacoder can do this , i have done with it but the problem is that now the cell doesn't recognizes the SBR part of the song .....
3. No.....

I would Suggest you to do this : -

1min video with superb sound quality = 1 mb , here

Use Mediacoder ,
Select vorbis as audio codec at 44 kbps and MPEG-4 Video at 100 kbps
You will get awesome sound and video quality for this setting .

Also , any player (including VLC and GOM) will not be able to decode the sound (donno why but it doesn't plays sound , only video plays)
dont be frustrated , but CORE player in your mobile will play it . And ogg at 44 kbps is just good enough !

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Download the DivX mobile software and use the DivX converter to convert your videos using the QMobile profile.
If you do not have the DivX converter, you will have to look for some other convertor. But DivX converter is cool, just drag and convert. And the quality is also awesome.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Download the DivX mobile software and use the DivX converter to convert your videos using the QMobile profile.
If you do not have the DivX converter, you will have to look for some other convertor. But DivX converter is cool, just drag and convert. And the quality is also awesome.

It will give Bogus quality :eek:

@dead

after taking your considerations , i ran across a number of tests .....
the codecs were H.263 , H.264 , Theora , Divx/Xvid , the results are :-

H.264 is far better than h.263 and divx at lower bitrates (tested at 100 kbps)
theora at 100 kbps is close to h.264 say 78% close (for 100 kbps)
but h.264 is better .

CORE player of symbian has an inbuilt codec known as CoreAVC (which is the worlds fastest H.264 decoder) so you will not have any problems .

BUT since Core player doesn't recognizes stereo of the he-aac v1/v2 profiles (mentioned at the site and tested by me) , you should use ogg vorbis .

Conclusion
Video Codec = H.264 @ 100 kbps
Audio Codec = Ogg Vorbis @44-48 kbps

Results are very excellent and u get 1min video in 900-1000 kb only at far better quality than divx or xvid .....

Tested on N70 and Core Player 1.2
Encoder used = Mediacoder

I can even post the experimented video files if u want

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

VP7 is excellent for videos along with H.264. Both pwn rmvb and rock at small sizes.
I recomend AoTuV b5 Lancer Build Vorbis for audio. Nero's HE-AAC also recomended.

but these can't play on just ANY mobile, due to lack of power. So a video format for mobilephones depends on how much battery, processing power and RAM you have,

expertno.1

Technomancer
VP7 is excellent for videos along with H.264. Both pwn rmvb and rock at small sizes.
I recomend AoTuV b5 Lancer Build Vorbis for audio. Nero's HE-AAC also recomended.

but these can't play on just ANY mobile, due to lack of power. So a video format for mobilephones depends on how much battery, processing power and RAM you have,

Yep Vp70/62 are far better at lower bitrates , but donno whether all mobiles support it , S60v3 new ones support it but not s60v2 .

so i would prefer h.264 as SE also plays it

BTW , H.264 gave me excellent quality at 100kbps and now i am using it for my mobo N70 .

The Experiment Took me whole night now its 6 Am and i have the results .

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom