Best buy assembled pc for 3d rendering

Sattwa

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am an architect and currently using dell 1520 Core2 Duo T7250 2GHz, 2gb RAM with GeForce 8400M GS 1Gb Dispaly adaptor.
I have to upgrade to a desktop as the laptop is too slow for what i intend to do. I am doing 3d rendering, graphics and a bit of animation. With very basic knowledge which I gathered during college years I feel like a dud when it comes to thinking of what to buy.
My budget 20k - 30k can stretch it with another 2/3k if essential. Please advise me what is the best I can get for this budget. Please consider that I have no intent of playing games or watching movies or listening to audio. That would be least of my priority. I am situated in Delhi so will get it assembled in Nehru place the IT hub of our area. So considering all these factors please advise. It is urgent as I'm really frustrated with this S**t I'm currently using.

Cheers

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sattwa, please fill up the questions present in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html and post it here.

OP
S

Sattwa

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 3ds max, Google Sketchup, Autodesk Impression, Acad, & graphic applications like Photoshop, Corel, Illustrator etc (the PC would be used by me for some time maybe 6-12 months and then passed on to staff and i would get a better config or upgrade the same if required later)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Most content in 30k - Reluctant to cross 40k - Cant afford to touch 50k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Read the first time about it here and a brief search suggests, I don't need to enter this realm. So a "no" for it unless you guys say its ok and fruitful.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500gb/1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 18.5" LED/LCD

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as I'm through with it here maybe by December second week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, Nehru Place, Not online as it will waste time and wont cost any cheaper than Nehru Place

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Im an architect with only acad experience and sometimes try my hands on 3d for presentation as the draftsmen consumes all my energies to give what I want. So the 3d's would be nothing too high end professional but something like the images attached to be rendered realistically in 3ds max or equivalent. This i did in sketchup but want to do this more professionally in house.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Revisedsmall.jpg
    Revisedsmall.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 93
Cpu--amd fx4100 . .6.5k
mobo--gigabyte ga-ma78lmt s2p...2.5k
ram--corsair 4gb . . .1k
monitor--benq g2222hd. . .7k
hdd--500gb seagate or wd caviar blue. . .3.7k
gpu--ati radeon hd 6770 1gb ddr5. . .around 7-7.5k
cabinet--cm elite 310 . .1.7k
psu--corsair cx430v2. . .2.4k
optical drive--lg 22x sata . .1k

total--around 34k
should meet all your needs.
buy the keyboard,mouse,speaker,ups any of ur choice.

Cpu--amd fx4100 . .6.5k
mobo--gigabyte ga-ma78lmt s2p...2.5k
ram--corsair 4gb . . .1k
monitor--benq g2222hd. . .7k
hdd--500gb seagate or wd caviar blue. . .3.7k
gpu--ati radeon hd 6770 1gb ddr5. . .around 7-7.5k
cabinet--cm elite 310 . .1.7k
psu--corsair cx430v2. . .2.4k
optical drive--lg 22x sata . .1k

total--around 34k
should meet all your needs.
buy the keyboard,mouse,speaker,ups any of ur choice.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I suggest you to wait another 1 Months for the launch of AMD PileDriver architecture based CPUs to be available in India. Based on your needs, the 6 core AMD FX 6300 is the perfect solution for you. The type of applications you've mentioned are highly Multi-threaded and a 6 Core AMD is the best CPU for it.

OP
S

Sattwa

Cilus@ How much more would the AMD Piledriver CPU's cost in comparison to the mentioned by you and Bodhisatwa?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Considering your usage, the best combo for you will be fx6300 + radeon 7770 has photoshop as opencl acceleration.

Wait for the availability of mainstream piledriver cpu's because similar offerings from intel are of no contest ( read i3 3220).

Top Bottom