Best broadband for gaming

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Dude type airtel broadband review amirstar in google and open mouthshut.com,i cant post link because iam using mobile

OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
BSNL UL750 with 512 kbps working fine here in Himachal..

Again.. the query is about "ping rates" not net speed.
If u're referring to ping rates then pls mention.
Today I the ping was quite bad, around 160, and with Game Booster got around 140. Also my pingtest.net results were horrible.

OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
Dude type airtel broadband review amirstar in google and open mouthshut.com,i cant post link because iam using mobile

Dude, as far as the reviews are concerned, I've seen them on mouthshut n other links by google. All of them talk about how good the customer care service is n other stuff. None had any description about latency.

axes2t2

I am a cat
The distance between you and the severs decides the ping not the speed.

I have friends who play on 256kbps mtnl connection.

Sarath

iDota
A lot of users will disagree with you.

Well its partly right especially when the best connection in terms of signal quality is actually by (err!) Reliance. I have heard they provide the best lines for their Zapak Gameplexes. I am however clueless if a connection of the same quality is provided to normal consumers.

Apart from that, Airtel is really good for gaming, giving consistent pings and speed and almost no downtime. Just completed a 30hour online download on my PS3, with no problems or signal drops, that too into a weekend (Saturday).

Having said that even BSNL seems to provide good pings but I have heard some report problems with it when I made this exact statement earlier.
From personal experience I would say airtel (despite how much their FUP sucks!). Also I am aware that there might be other providers who are better (Beam fiber ???) but they might not be available everywhere.

Lastly I would say this again. Make a list of providers available in your area and inquire about any free slots available and then ask for suggestions on the forum. It might turn out that the ISP we might discuss at length is not available having us to start from scratch.

GN

Krow

Crowman
Not going into any kind of controvarsy, but don't you think that ping ~70ms with Jitter ~15ms is good for gaming?? (at least it works for me) ;)

I just meant to say that it is not the best for gaming in India as I have heard many Airtel users complaining about high pings. :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Again.. the query is about "ping rates" not net speed.
If u're referring to ping rates then pls mention.
Today I the ping was quite bad, around 160, and with Game Booster got around 140. Also my pingtest.net results were horrible.

I know that's why I posted here.. I've been playing Battlefield 3 online since last 2 weeks I guess.. no problems what-so-ever.. I even play on European servers.. You should talk to someone having BSNL 512 kbps connection in your area.. Secondly, use Google's DNS server..

Primary :- 8.8.8.8
Secondary :- 8.8.4.4

You'll see huge, huge improvements... Trust me..

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
DNS servers will not reduce the ping. Not at all. BSNL pings tend to suck and rock depending on your location. Same is true for Airtel. Their ping also suck and rock depending on your location. So..let us not generalize on which is good.

Example, Airtel sucks in Gurgaon and Delhi. BSNL and MTNL are faar better at places I live.

Only option for you is to change your ISP. Go to your friends who have other ISP connections and check their pings.

Is this ok for online gaming
*www.pingtest.net/result/50869794.png
For a server in Laos, it is a good ping.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well, Airtel seems to have the best overall performance though it could vary from city to city. From Chennai , I get a really nice 75ms ping to Singapore servers ,which is far less than what I get to a server in Mumbai... lol :D

And yes, that 126 ms ping to Vientiane is ideal for FPS gaming.

Top Bottom