Best broadband for gaming

connoisseur

Broken In
I'm currently using BSNL UL625 combo plan (256 kbps) and I'm sick of its ping rates.
I usually get 100-120 at average, worst ever was 270 and best ever i got was 70 on CS 1.6 indian servers.
Please suggest a good broadband connection, I'm looking for pings upto 10-15 on indian servers.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
If you have reliance in your area than Reliance is the best for gaming. If not, even Airtel has better latency than BSNL.

Krow

Crowman
Bsnl 1500 rs 1mbs 20gb 512 kbs afterwards
The query is about ping rates and not best plan by BSNL. OP is tired of high pings and wants a better connection. Please read before posting.

Do you have local cable operators offering internet services? You could try those. In Mumbai, I had one such connection and used to get low pings on that. But that service got bad later.

ranjitsd

Journeyman
The query is about ping rates and not best plan by BSNL. OP is tired of high pings and wants a better connection. Please read before posting.

Do you have local cable operators offering internet services? You could try those. In Mumbai, I had one such connection and used to get low pings on that. But that service got bad later.

i thought speed reduces the ping,when i shifted from 2mbs plan to 256 kbs ping increased from 100 to 350 in cs 1.6

Krow

Crowman
it thought speed reduces the ping,when i shifted from 2mbs plan to 256 kbs ping increased from 100 to 350 in cs 1.6
Not really. Depends on the ISP. At the same speed, you can have huge ping differences between ISPs. I used to get 8ms pings (on pingtest.net) with my old connection in Mumbai when I was on the 512kbps UL plan.

Sarath

iDota
I have a Airtel 4mbps which pings at 72 on Indian server on pingtest.com

I think it depends a lot on area apart from the service provider.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I got the 1500 plan by bsnl. 8 mbps line till 20gb and 512 kbps after that.
I have to say the ping sucks like anything. Can u imagine getting a ping of 492? -_- Yes I got 492 once and the best was something like 27. But that only happened once(atleast when I was checking anyway).

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Game booster reduces ping 10 to 20,i used to get 0 ping in gunz duel other player whould get 200
ping,it depends on game and distance from server

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
How about a thread listing the different network plans,best service(performance wise), pings etc? Will be a lot easier to know and choose different plans.

Sarath

iDota
How about a thread listing the different network plans,best service(performance wise), pings etc? Will be a lot easier to know and choose different plans.

The pings keep fluctuating. Such a thread will have to work on a micro level and will not be feasible especially with newer plans rolling out and the variety of providers ISPs available.

OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
Game booster reduces ping 10 to 20,i used to get 0 ping in gunz duel other player whould get 200
ping,it depends on game and distance from server

And what exactly is this "Game booster"?
If its a software u're talking about, then must be a hoax, how can a software control ping.
I'm not sure about local cable operators providing net but i'll search for people with such connections in my area.
But in the meantime I need to set some choices on companies.

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Game booster closes unwanted services which reduces the ping,type airtel amirstar review in google u will get ur answer

Krow

Crowman
And what exactly is this "Game booster"?
If its a software u're talking about, then must be a hoax, how can a software control ping.
I'm not sure about local cable operators providing net but i'll search for people with such connections in my area.
But in the meantime I need to set some choices on companies.

See, if there are no other programs using the internet in the background then ping improves slightly AFAIK. Game Booster closes all unnecessary processes and ensures your rig is fully focused on the game.

OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
OK, downloaded Game Booster, gonna see if it works or not.
Checked Airtel's site but Amritsar not listed under Punjab for checking tariffs.
So I guess I'll now search for people (if any):
1. With local cable operator net
2. Airtel connection
As I said earlier pls also mention the latencies u guys get, in ur replies, so that I'll have an idea (I know latencies may vary with location but still..)

Top Bottom