Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
guys my config for the pc is

2.4 intel pIV
512 ddr1ram
845 intel chip
120gb hard drive

wat is the antivirus, spyware, firewall solution for my pc...which serves the purpose in the best possible way and also doesnt hamper my pc's performance that very much..

thnks in advance..

manan

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Here is "FREE" tip

Avira AntiVir Antivirus

Commodo or ZA Firewall

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4

Best part is All of them are FREE ;)

If for Paid:

NoD32 Antivirus. [Nothing Beats this one in lightness and detection ratios]

ZA Pro Firewall

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 [Y the best software for spyware busting is FREE] ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

You didnt mention Kaspersky :p for KIS its Rs. 850/- incl TAX in Kolkata, where as NOD32 only antivirus is Rs. 1600/- + TAX :p where as no news on the new NOD32 smart security yet :(

before suggesting anything, what OS do you run? Most guys like you run windows XP, but I once saw someone asking a similar question in another forums, and after people made 50 posts, he said that he ran Vector Linux;)

Anyway, for windows:

Avast Antivirus home edition
AdAware - the new free one
Syybot: Search & Destroy
Ad Muncher
Windows Defender
Windows Firewall
Yahoo! Anti-Spy
Avast Virus Removal Kit(a single exe app for sys rescue)

Choose some of the above.

For Linux/BSD:

the OS often has built-in firewall option. UNIX architecture is very much more secure than windows. Customise its firefox. Clam AV is good here.

For Making Mozilla Firefox Safer and better:

Flash Block
Ad Block Plus
Down Them All
Noia eXtreme skin
Cache Viewer
Video Downloader
Google Toolbar(configure it well)
NoScript - Makes firefox more like opera in terms od script handling

you can also disable cookies from doubleclick, ad-yeildmanager and similar ad sites. uncheck load images automatically for image free surfing(If you are searching for some software in a common warez/torrent site) uncheck the load javascripts automatically to disable javascripts from running.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
hey choto cheeta...wat do ya mean by the statement u made...as in, im not equipped with a lot of technical knowledge...bt is the combination of pIV (yes its pIV, my mistake), ddr1 ram and 845 not gud??

or was it just bcoz pIII and pIV confusion or nething else...??
srry guys fr the confusion i have a pIV 2.4 and else all same...

im using win xp sp2

also i want to ask that is it not ok for the system if i run a 512 ddr1 ram and a 256 ddr1 ram??? i have two slots in my motherboard for the ram..

i used to have a zone alarm suite...bt my pc acts very slow with that, pls suggest the one which actually solves all purposes and secures my pc..
i dnt want an antivirus wich only have the names...tell me sme soft which actually secures in all ways..( firewall, antivirus, syware and etc etc.)

thnks in advance

manan

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@magneticme200

I was confuse because you wrote P-III !!! as for the config, when you bought it, it used to be the best in the market ;)

i used to have a zone alarm suite...bt my pc acts very slow with that, pls suggest the one which actually solves all purposes and secures my pc..

Avast / AVG both would be light on system !!! also for paid opption KIS can also be configure to run light on a slow system :)

Saharika

In the zone
Batistabomb said:
Try Kapersky and Avast
mind you ...under normal circumstance and normal computer hardwares...kaspersky makes computer (system) slow....

and if forum rules allows me..kaspersky is too strict and usually after some month ..it says pirated version..illegal copy and dont allow to update...

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
@ Choto. I saw that But I guessed it was a typo :D

ps: KaperSky Internet Security [Which includes AV?] is for Rs. 850? Plz tell me. If ye I will buy it :)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Saharika said:
mind you ...under normal circumstance and normal computer hardwares...kaspersky makes computer (system) slow....

and if forum rules allows me..kaspersky is too strict and usually after some month ..it says pirated version..illegal copy and dont allow to update...

so you are saying kapersky pirtated version is not available, if available this may be a illegal content you will say, isn't it

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Tech_Wiz said:
@ Choto. I saw that But I guessed it was a typo :D

ps: KaperSky Internet Security [Which includes AV?] is for Rs. 850? Plz tell me. If ye I will buy it :)

Didnt get u ?? I already wrote in Kolkata it retails at Rs. 850/- :) where as the KAV is Rs. 750... and yeah KIS includes the AV :)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Choto Cheeta said:
Didnt get u ?? I already wrote in Kolkata it retails at Rs. 850/- :) where as the KAV is Rs. 750... and yeah KIS includes the AV :)

chooto one member above said that, pirated kapersky virus has illegal content and no update availability, is this true, this works fine only if we purchase it ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Batistabomb said:
chooto one member above said that, pirated kapersky virus has illegal content and no update availability, is this true, this works fine only if we purchase it ?

I didnt get it... are u assuming that Rs. 850/- means Pirated KIS ?? :lol: no sir, its marketed by Kaspersky them self... in India max of the softwares are cheap we usually think about their USD values, NIS 08 is Rs. 1900/- + TAX NOD32 (the v2) is Rs. 1600/-... Where as KIS used to be 1700/- but from 2007 they have slashed the prices to half :D

as for Piracy is concern.. one thing I can confirm that KIS needs online verification so even you obtain pirated keys or such within few weeks you would see KIS has stoped it self as it would through worning the key is black listed :)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Choto Cheeta said:
I didnt get it... are u assuming that Rs. 850/- means Pirated KIS ?? :lol: no sir, its marketed by Kaspersky them self... in India max of the softwares are cheap we usually think about their USD values, NIS 08 is Rs. 1900/- + TAX NOD32 (the v2) is Rs. 1600/-... Where as KIS used to be 1700/- but from 2007 they have slashed the prices to half :D

as for Piracy is concern.. one thing I can confirm that KIS needs online verification so even you obtain pirated keys or such within few weeks you would see KIS has stoped it self as it would through worning the key is black listed :)

ok oam talking about keys, keys will be pirated ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Dont insult me !!!

I dont discuss or in anyway indulge piracy...

Every thing I wrote here is Retail version pricing.... Nothing related to piracy is involve here....

Sorry to ask but cant u read...

I have clearly mentioned its nothing to do with Piracy... neither I am trying to sell you any thing nor I am asking you to buy any thing... Its a open forum and I just expressed my views... :|

thank you...

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Choto I posted 1st point about you saying no one pointing out the DDR with P III on 845 Chipset thing :p

I think I will buy it then. 850 is good enough value for KIS Original. [I spend like 1.5k on original Games so 850 is due for me in Jan :D

Bought Caeser IV and AoM + Titans Expansion this month

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom