Best Anti Virus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
AVG was completely wrecked by some new w32 virus on my machine !!!

It was the W32.Pinfi Virus !

So.........................

I'm a NORTON fan and even though it slows the comp speed a bit ................If u wanna be safe-Use Norton or at least a McAffee

OP
S

sachinc

Broken In
Rs

How much for norton and mcafee. Does it make a difference or is it as good as the pirated version after installing the crack.

ujjwal

Padawan
Err ... if you are going for a commercial antivirus solution, go for Kaspersky or NOD32. They offer the best protection.

If you are going for a free AV, try AVG, Avast or Antivir PE.

Norton & McAfee are resource hoggers which offer average security, but nothing else.

Yoda

Journeyman
Heres the list.

1st --> Norton Antivirus 2005
2nd --> McAfee VirusScan 9.0 Professional
3rd --> Panda Titanium 2005 with TruPrevent

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Re: Rs

sachinc said:
How much for norton and mcafee. Does it make a difference or is it as good as the pirated version after installing the crack.
McAfee is much cheaper. Check out their web sites for price. Norton even provides security from spywares and bettr real-time protection. You can download a 15 day trial of both of them to check them out. I'm not sure if trial of Mcafee, though.................

If it is for home use, you can try out Avast Home Edition which is free. It is a great AV with real time protection. To add to the security, you can install Kerio Personel Firewall, which is free again. They are both top rated apps. Amicrosoft AntiSpyware will add to your security...........................

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
ujjwal said:
Err ... if you are going for a commercial antivirus solution, go for Kaspersky or NOD32. They offer the best protection.

Does it offer better protection than NAV 2005 ?
If it does, where can I download it from ?
More details r welcome !

Blueron

Right off the assembly line
Well F-Prot is great too and IMHO takes the least system resources of any of the AV's i've tried..

Vikram starsoft

I think NORTON 05 is the BEST AV EVER. :lol:
If someone is unable to afford it, i suggest that go for CRACKED one i.e. Pirated.

I'm not basically in FOR for piracy but it is the only way to reduce expences on Software.
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

ravinder012

kav

i am fan of kav :D download it and try for 30 day u will come to know which av is best in world. nothing is as good as compared to kav :wink:

Techmastro

Journeyman
i have installed nod32 on my pc.
its very nice & eats very less resources as compared to norton or avg
update patches are also around 2 or 3 mb
you must try this at least once...

digen

Youngling
Yeah exactly amongst the few that I've used so far NOD32 suits my needs very well.Apart from a decent[thats what the reviews say I heard] detection rate,resource management is what has pulled it apart from the rest for me.But thats just my personal take.But definately a try if you still are searching for a AV.

swatkat

Technomancer
See, best AntiVirus according to Virus database is Kaspersky....but it's resource hungry...

And, you should never install two AntiViruses, this will cause some confilcts and may lead to a system crash.

NOD32 is the lightest AV i have ever used, and it's pretty good in detection too. Has some good Heuristic Capabilty.

But in terms of pure detecton rates Kaspersky and F-Secure rules!

digen

Youngling
swatkat said:
And, you should never install two AntiViruses, this will cause some confilcts and may lead to a system crash.

NOD32 is the lightest AV i have ever used, and it's pretty good in detection too. Has some good Heuristic Capabilty.

But in terms of pure detecton rates Kaspersky and F-Secure rules!

Well krisjr,swat has summed it up.Installing 2 anti-virus software is a serious no no.Whats the point in the first place? Choose one according to your needs,update & stick to it.The same is the case with firewalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom