Best Allrounder SE Phone at 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Its your hard earned money.Risk it if you want to.Refer here. There are many unlucky people i guess with too many issues.The N85 has the same design as of the N81 which was in itself an extrmely troubled device

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103606

OP
R

rahulrai

Banned
Its your hard earned money.Risk it if you want to.The N85 has the same design as of the N81 which was in itself an extrmely troubled device

@dreamcatcher I am not going for N85.
What's be the cost of W902?
And please,only if u know because in another thread u said that the cost of C905 wud be max 23k.And we all know what the price is.

Don't say 20k.It will not be less than 24k.
What do u think dude?

Oh! It says 19,231 approx on Univercell website.
I am buying it for sure.I thought it would be around 25k.
Purpose served.
Thread closed.

Thank u guys for ur valuable suggestions.:p

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
:D

I thought the C905 was 23k coz my retailer had told me so.Bloody *************.

Let us know on our purchase. :D
Enjoy.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
There is nothing wrong with the sound quality of the N82. I have spent great time listening to both the N82 and the ZN5 back to back and I found them to be equally good. For all the hype of the Moto I expected it to be better by a wide margin but that wasn't the case. It is just marginally louder than N82, but despite that has only a 7-scale volume level compared to the 10-scale in N82. Plus the S60 player is much better than the Motorola player.

Overall if you are looking for both camera and music I would suggest Nokia N82. I have not yet heard the N79 but from what I read, if it is similar to the N96, which I also tested with these two phones, then it'll be better than N82 and ZN5.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
There is nothing wrong with n85. Super fantastic device. apart from gps i dont have any problems with it. I am even liking it more then n82 which i used for 10 months.

u can check worldwide forums like symbian freak and see the truth for urself. Dont just go by one or two people's experience.

@thread starter- if u want se then get se ..w902 would be perfect choice for u ..

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
There is nothing wrong with n85. Super fantastic device. apart from gps i dont have any problems with it. I am even liking it more then n82 which i used for 10 months.

u can check worldwide forums like symbian freak and see the truth for urself. Dont just go by one or two people's experience.

@thread starter- if u want se then get se ..w902 would be perfect choice for u ..

You are the first one to say N85 is good phone.My friend sold the mobile phone for 15K using only 2 weeks spending 22K for that mobile is really unfair .

The SQ really dump in N85 when compared to W902 , for getting N85 close ur eyes go for W902

W902 is really a great handset but only WI-Fi??

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
looks like early adoptars of n85 got some really faulty units. Mine is working like a charm.

Yeah its a very good phone. If u dont trust me then google search is just a click away. u can find user feedback from people across the world.

I was among the very first few ones who raved about n82 in this forum and now almost everybody praises that handset.

With time and future firmware updates n85 will rock for sure.
n85 music quality is excellent if used with ep 630. stock earphones are crap. it even sounds very good through bt headsets such as moto s9 , samsung sbh 500.

no idea abt w902. I dont like "non-os dumb" phones these days. If u really want a cam/music phone then motorola zn5 is a good choice.

Last edited:
OP
R

rahulrai

Banned
Guys,
Frankly speaking I was planning to buy N82 though I am really impressed with Sony Walkman phone's SQ.The SQ they produce is just awesome,there is no arguement.

N82 is a fantastic device.You get everything at just 19.5k.The only issue I have is its SQ(Though I haven't listened to it) and not so impressive looks(even the black one doesn't look good to me).

But but I can compromise on its bad looks and low brightness level.
But I can't compromise on its bad sound quality.

If I am sure that by using a good earphone like ep 630 its SQ can be as good as W810i I will change my mind and grab N82.

If anyone can please honestly confirm this for me?

Power UP

In the zone
The only issue I have is its SQ (Though I haven't listened to it)
You do that first and then label it bad or good.

feeling lazy to write this so doing copy & paste from krazzy
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102838
Sound quality wise both are pretty much the same. All S40 phones have good quality music. It's just that SE supplies it's phones with better accessories, like a better headset or the speakers which creates a general impression amongst the general public (^^^) that SE phones sound better. No doubt straight out-of-the-box SE phones are better for music, but if are willing to spend a bit on the 3110c by buying some better quality headphones and such then you can get similar great music quality.

Walkmans are generally good sounding phones. Once upon a time they used to be the best in the business. But SE who were enjoying the success of their music phones were resting on their laurels and failed to notice that the other manufacturers were fast catching up to them and then actually managed to surpass them. Even when they did notice all that they did was make some software tweaks instead of improving the hardware, which is what the others did. Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG all have better sounding phones in their arsenal than even the best sounding Walkman phone out there. Consequently SE is no longer the best in terms of sound quality.
The above scenario is pretty much same here.
The sound quality is quite nice, just throw out the bundled crap ear phones.
And since it has 3.5mm headset jack (no need for excess adapter baggage), u can even plug in ur head phones for comfortable listening experience.

Rest u decide.
But if u are still feeling paranoid then get the W902 for the Sony Ericsson Sound Quality.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If one is a bass freak and wants pounding bass in his ears then I would suggest going for the W902 with it's Mega Bass. But if one wants proper balanced sound then N82 is good enough. It's not that it lacks bass. There's plenty at the default level and more can be supplied with the help of the equalizer, but it cannot match the Mega Bass preset. I myself never use the Mega Bass preset whenever I am listening to any Walkman phone as I like balanced sound, but your mileage may vary.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Its high time people learn to appreciate the walkman phones.All reviews have rated the new walkman phones to the best in the business.Even the C905, which is a cybershot has been rated by phonearena to have better sound quality than the Renoir and the Pixon, which supposedlty have Dolby and Bang & Olufson inputs, and only a runf below Innov8.Nokia hpones have good sound Quality, but they dont come close to the new Walkman phones with Clear Audio settings.

Btw,Mega Bass is no longer present in SE Walkman phones with Clear Audio settings.Its CLear BASS now. :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I have tested the C905 as well. ;) It's good but not much better than the G700 I have at home.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Exact price, I have no idea. It has come here at Techtree for a review. But still I'll be going to Alfa today and will check out the prices.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Get k810i and get a life

i got it just a week ago.....costed me 11.3k (including a 2GB RAM)...

go for this if ur budget is around 13k...worth buying....sound clarity is not bad but not comparable to walkman phones....

Power UP

In the zone
If one is a bass freak and wants pounding bass in his ears then I would suggest going for the W902 with it's Mega Bass. But if one wants proper balanced sound then N82 is good enough. It's not that it lacks bass. There's plenty at the default level and more can be supplied with the help of the equalizer, but it cannot match the Mega Bass preset. I myself never use the Mega Bass preset whenever I am listening to any Walkman phone as I like balanced sound, but your mileage may vary.
Thanks forgot about the equalizer. Don't use the default one. Customize it.

Its just that W902 produces extra bass as krazy suggested but that does not mean N82 has bad sound quality. Its just like the case of two kids getting first & second rank respectively but only by a small margin.And furthermore N82 beats it in other departments like cam etc. So nothing perfect.

The sound quality has come a long way from the 6600 era :p

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
I don't see any discussion going on about the newly announced G705. It looks awesome and has great features. It hasn't been launched yet, so the price remains undisclosed. But I'm assuming it to be around the 20K mark.

Check it out here -

*www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/g705?cc=in&lc=en

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Guys me also too much confused to buy new mobile , me and Rahulrai were the buyers @ 20K budget

I still look for N82 because the camera is very impressive , but gosh the SQ is nasty

Can u guys help me........I dont know much about the phones for 1 week i am going shop by shop to select the good mobile @ 20k

Everyone is saying to buy N82 , but the ring tones are great sound in N82 .. only SQ is prob all other things are superb when compared to any mobile within 20k

I luv SONYERICSSON , the build quality is better than NOKIA but they are too costly thats the only probs

Having only days to buy the new mobile , plz some one help me to get FEATURED mobile

ALL my requirements are

CAMERA - 5mp (good clarity picture & video @ 30fps ) may be 3.2 but video @ 30fps is needed
SQ - sound quality ( can be moderate )
operations (should be fast)
DISPLAY SIZE (2.4" should be present)
WIFI & GPS is needed
MOST OF ALL SHOULD BE STYLISH

ANy opinion guyzzzzzzzzzzzz:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom