Best 5.1 Speaker for Computer under 6 K ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSLaND

Broken In
iSLaND said Fenda F3000u has pro logic... How is that ?
Prologic function is not mentioned on fenda website. Though as per reviews on fk, amazon its got prologic. Also a button in remote to enable/disable it.
As i said earlier, i have not demoed it because its not available in my town. If you get demo, pls confirm here.

Gollum

Collector
Prologic function is not mentioned on fenda website. Though as per reviews on fk, amazon its got prologic. Also a button in remote to enable/disable it.
As i said earlier, i have not demoed it because its not available in my town. If you get demo, pls confirm here.

Hmm.. maybe its got a circuit that just wires the 2 channels to rear and mono to center for filling up the speakers.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Hmm.. maybe its got a circuit that just wires the 2 channels to rear and mono to center for filling up the speakers.

Probably that's what they are doing ..
Because I heard bad reviews about the surround effect of Fenda F3000u speaker

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
You can get it in f&d f700uf too
But no true surround just rear fills
May be I can , but what if it is only a "fill effect"?
Probably its is just a fill because even logitec z506 doesn't have it.
Fill effect can be turned on in computer audio manager or in players like KM player ...
I am thinking of buying logitec z506 or above
Like f&D 6000
Or
Edifier da5000 pro

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Edifier then f&d f6000u best options for overall listening pleasure music, movies & games. For just pc use go with edifier. If want fm, sd card & usb playing option then f&d f6000u but around 9k

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Edifier then f&d f6000u best options for overall listening pleasure music, movies & games. For just pc use go with edifier. If want fm, sd card & usb playing option then f&d f6000u but around 9k
I won't need F6000 then.
Will stick with Edifier da5000 pro of O can grab it for 7K from shopclues .
Otherwise I will buy logitec Z506.
It will be an overkill for my room .
Won't be using it for above 50% volume.
But I like the look of a box sub and good speakers on wall ...

Gollum

Collector
Logitech z506 is the best IMO
it has 2 speakers on the center channel.
On all movies and serials etc that are 5.1 the major part of the audio is from the center channel.
Having a crap system that has all the speakers of the same type will give you the worst 5.1 experience.
I use Polk tsx150c for my center channel as it has an awesome Silk/polymer tweeter for superb highs and 2, 5.2" woofers for great mid to low response.

mitraark

Decrepit
Z506 isn't even in the same league as the Da5000 Pro, i dont know how people are recommending it over the other options. It used to be sold at 4.5k a couple of years ago, where's as the DA5000 and F&D600U are ~10k speakers. I've personally expreicned all of them. Please do not buy yhe Z506 its extremely underpowered and doesn't s core much on the clarity scale either.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Z506 isn't even in the same league as the Da5000 Pro, i dont know how people are recommending it over the other options. It used to be sold at 4.5k a couple of years ago, where's as the DA5000 and F&D600U are ~10k speakers. I've personally expreicned all of them. Please do not buy yhe Z506 its extremely underpowered and doesn't s core much on the clarity scale either.
Agreed.
I will never but logitec 506 or similar woofer exposed models..

My cat will put hole in it. .
And I might damage it as well if didn't take care ..
+ F&D 6000 has low SNR - so its not as good as DA5000.
Only problem is DA5000 is only available in shopclues.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Da 5000's centre channel is bit weak as per few owner's view.

No doubt its the budget king & its very difficult to get something like it in Indian market within same price bracket.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Da 5000's centre channel is bit weak as per few owner's view.

No doubt its the budget king & its very difficult to get something like it in Indian market within same price bracket.
The Centre channel can be adjusted both externally through the options available in the subwoofer/remote or through the sound card software... After adjusting, it's performing adequately for me!!! :):):)
This damn thing shakes up my whole hostel floor!!! :p:p:p

mitraark

Decrepit
The Centre channel can be adjusted both externally through the options available in the subwoofer/remote or through the sound card software... After adjusting, it's performing adequately for me!!! :):):)
This damn thing shakes up my whole hostel floor!!! :p:p:p

The damn thing shakes up my entire apartment :D

Centre Channel is weak compared to which speaker ? I really can't use the work weak, it maybe that it distorts (quite) a bit at loud levels.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
The damn thing shakes up my entire apartment :D

Centre Channel is weak compared to which speaker ? I really can't use the work weak, it maybe that it distorts (quite) a bit at loud levels.
What is the power consumption of this speakers ?
Also Edifier stopped their service in India ?
I am not worried about after sales services , if it blows , I will trash it .
But what if I receive a damaged items. From shopclues , does they have replacement policy ?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Do not worry for that as the seller has TRM badge which states he is top rated merchant. He fills in all parameters of shopclues & exhibits high standards for customer service, returns, etc....

In short just like fulfilled by amazon or flipkart advantage or snapdeal fulfilled. So do not worry for that.

Infact I would have got that but it will not be fit for tv use

mitraark

Decrepit
What is the power consumption of this speakers ?
Not really sure, check technical specifications.

Also Edifier stopped their service in India ?
I am not worried about after sales services , if it blows , I will trash it .

That seems to be true :( I'm hoping my speakers doesn't fail soon, and if it does, I hope it can be fixed locally :(

But what if I receive a damaged items. From shopclues , does they have replacement policy ?

Another risk I took to avail the speakers cheaply :( Shopclues is notorious for bad sellers, but this one semes to have good ratings.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Can I get the shaking bass effects (thumb effect of the feel in chest)..

In DA5000 PRO ?
it's sub's frequency response is not as good as f&D 6000

mitraark

Decrepit
Can I get the shaking bass effects (thumb effect of the feel in chest)..

In DA5000 PRO ?
it's sub's frequency response is not as good as f&D 6000

Not really familiar with the technical jargon but the bass is good, significant thump, but not bloated.

You have to demo the speakers to understand sound quality, specs cannot tell you anything.

Also, the sound settings need to be tweaked to get the best possible output, i'm still struglling to find the sweet spot on my main PC, too many different settings in player and Realtek is messing up the output. whereas my 2nd PC with a fresh Windows 8 install is playing all sounds really well.

sukant

Fragholic
The center channel of the DA5000 is lower in volume in comparison to the rest of the units of the speaker. However , it is easy to set the same all you need to do is increase the volume to a slightly higher level and individually reduce the volume levels of the Front/Rear to around 3/4th to half and let the Center Volume remain full.
The bass on DA5000 Pro can put any F&D to shame if you are talking purely about the quality... I normally lower my bass to 3 (max is 9 I think) and use the speaker. But a DA5000 Pro will cost you well beyond 6.5k (around 10k would be the approximate amount). F&D will serve you well at a budget of 6k or you can have a look at the Logitech z506.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom