Best 5.1 Speaker for Computer under 6 K ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
The center channel of the DA5000 is lower in volume in comparison to the rest of the units of the speaker. However , it is easy to set the same all you need to do is increase the volume to a slightly higher level and individually reduce the volume levels of the Front/Rear to around 3/4th to half and let the Center Volume remain full.
The bass on DA5000 Pro can put any F&D to shame if you are talking purely about the quality... I normally lower my bass to 3 (max is 9 I think) and use the speaker. But a DA5000 Pro will cost you well beyond 6.5k (around 10k would be the approximate amount). F&D will serve you well at a budget of 6k or you can have a look at the Logitech z506.
No logitec , or creative ..
I need protection for the woofer , otherwise my cat might finish it ..
Also wall mounting is a must too...
Da 5000PRO is out of stock in shopclues.
Is the sound similar to F&D 6000? Coz I can get a demo @ a local shop !

mitraark

Decrepit
No logitec , or creative ..
I need protection for the woofer , otherwise my cat might finish it ..
Also wall mounting is a must too...
Da 5000PRO is out of stock in shopclues.
Is the sound similar to F&D 6000? Coz I can get a demo @ a local shop !

DA5000 Pro was showing Out of Stock before I bought it as well, but it was back in stock the next day, keep checking.

And you should start believing this :D

The bass on DA5000 Pro can put any F&D to shame if you are talking purely about the quality.

Also, the bass unit is covered, your cat cannot damage it. The other speakers also have a cover attached which can be opened ( to get the look as advertised ) so the cat won't be able to damage those either.

Wall mounting is also available for the DA5000 Pro, simple mounting hole on Front and Rear Speakers, just put them on a nail on the wall.

And here's what I paid for it

*snag.gy/wHjQg.jpg

Considering you get cashback on adding money I ended up spending well under Rs.6500 for the speakers, but even without these you can still get it at 7700 from Shopclues with Rs 300 off coupon.

Last edited:
OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
DA5000 Pro was showing Out of Stock before I bought it as well, but it was back in stock the next day, keep checking.

And you should start believing this :D

Also, the bass unit is covered, your cat cannot damage it. The other speakers also have a cover attached which can be opened ( to get the look as advertised ) so the cat won't be able to damage those either.

Wall mounting is also available for the DA5000 Pro, simple mounting hole on Front and Rear Speakers, just put them on a nail on the wall.

And here's what I paid for it

*snag.gy/wHjQg.jpg

Considering you get cashback on adding money I ended up spending well under Rs.6500 for the speakers, but even without these you can still get it at 7700 from Shopclues with Rs 300 off coupon.
But the cash back feature is useless for me ... We will get only virtual money , right ?
I usually do my recharges from DoCoMo application.

mitraark

Decrepit
But the cash back feature is useless for me ... We will get only virtual money , right ?
I usually do my recharges from DoCoMo application.
If you add Rs 1000 then you get Rs 1100 in your Mobikwik wallet. So just add Rs 1000 7 times and you have Rs 7700 instead of Rs 7000.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
If you add Rs 1000 then you get Rs 1100 in your Mobikwik wallet. So just add Rs 1000 7 times and you have Rs 7700 instead of Rs 7000.
1. I had bad experiences with mobikwick.
They gave me an offer like this , add 50 and make 100 rachrge ... I did that and I didn't get the extra 50!!!
Never went back ...

mitraark

Decrepit
It's a great site. You get 15% ( now its 10% maybe ) cashback on Big Bazaar upto Rs 200. I used to buy Rs 1200-1250 worth of stuff from Big Bazaar with Mobikwik and got Rs 180-200 cashback

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
I was planning for the 5.1 speaker. .
But now I am a bit consufed ..
(I won't be able to use the full potential of the speaker coz of small room , and family won't allow me...)
I am in need for a good monitor too ...
I am using a CRT flat monitor now .
Should I buy Edifier DA500 pro ?
Or
A FHD monitor which will cost 9K to 10K ?

sukant

Fragholic
That is one confusing question :D.
Putting myself in your shoes this would be my reasoning
Monitor over Speaker if
I) I watch a lot of HD 1080p movies/FHD videos on youtube etc
2) I have a graphics card capable of running games at FHD with medium/high settings
3) You do lot of reading/browsing/coding etc

Speakers over Monitor only if
I) Looking for a theatre like sound experience ignoring everything else (Still difficult to achieve if your parents are anti-wire display, I had to keep all of my 5 speakers on same table most of the time )
II) High time spent listening to music (for stereo songs the 2.1 will perform much better mind you)

I personally would go for a monitor over speakers but then I rarely used my speakers due to similar constraints you have mentioned (loud music is normally not allowed at home) and I enjoy watching movies with my stereo headphones on with the surround sound option enabled.

muditpopli

Broken In
Logitech Z506 would be my choice. I am using it since last 2 years. Sound is as it is. I listen to it almost whole day. Not much preferred for music. But an excellent deal for movies and gaming. Sound is crisp and clear. Bass is good and surround effect is great.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Logitech Z506 would be my choice. I am using it since last 2 years. Sound is as it is. I listen to it almost whole day. Not much preferred for music. But an excellent deal for movies and gaming. Sound is crisp and clear. Bass is good and surround effect is great.
Does its bass more boomy than deep bass ? Not good for music ?

muditpopli

Broken In
Does its bass more boomy than deep bass ? Not good for music ?

Yeah you can say that it sounds lil boomy than deep bass. It feels good in movies but not while listening to music. It is not as such bad. But if you are looking for music speakers then this is not a deal for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom