best 5.1 channel speakers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
hi guys, i want to buy a 5.1 channel speakers with sub woofer. i dont have a sound card. pls tell me which one is the best with highest rms....
budget is around 10k. i know only logitech z5300 fits intothis catagory. but that was way long ago.
now which is the best pls tell me with comparison.....

pvsraao

Broken In
Hai, you may check up ALtekLAnsing FX 5051 (Internationally best in 5.1speaker system), which may cost around Rs 11,500. Go through "www.Alteklansing.com" for more details.

nightcrawler

Broken In
Hi, I got them for around 22K in May. BTW you need a good sound card as well for such Hi quality speakers. Go for X-Fi range sound cards for them if you are going for them else go for Z5300 which is its smaller sibling.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
mayneu said:
hi guys, i want to buy a 5.1 channel speakers with sub woofer. i dont have a sound card. pls tell me which one is the best with highest rms....
budget is around 10k. i know only logitech z5300 fits intothis catagory. but that was way long ago.
now which is the best pls tell me with comparison.....

What is the model number of your motherboard. Does it support 5.1 speaker setup?

Check Creative Inspire T6060. It's price is around 4k and is good.

Get Audigy based soundcard and the total price will be inside 10k.

you can also try X-Fi Xtreme sound card. I think this costs somewhere around 7-8k.

pawsingh

>>----------->
nightcrawler said:
Hi, I got them for around 22K in May. BTW you need a good sound card as well for such Hi quality speakers. Go for X-Fi range sound cards for them if you are going for them else go for Z5300 which is its smaller sibling.

Thanks for your reply

i went to a dealer here in Chandigarh and he said that Z5300 are no more available and Z5500 for 24K. I researched more and decided to go for Z5300, any idea what they are going to cost me.

Thanks again

satanlives

Journeyman
there is no point buying a 10k + 5.1 speaker if you dont have a proper sound card like the x-fi or audigy... cause ull not get proper 5.1 output in anything...
and as for the speakers.. go for the z5300's with ur eyes closed man these speakers rockss..a$$ ...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Z5300 ... AL speakers don't come close to this one .. Z5500 if u wanna blow someone's house :p ... But with a 5.1 speaker setup , a good sound card is highly recommended ..

pawsingh

>>----------->
Thanks a lot for your support guys,

I contacted two dealers here and they both confirmed that Z - 5300 is not available any more. Only Z 5500 is available for approx 20 K. I am planning to go for this. However, can some one tell me what should i be paying for soundcard like X -FI or Audigy.

Also, i have on board 5.1 audio, will that not help?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
:( ... sad to hear that ...

Am currently using a T6060 with an Audigy 4 ZS .. for starters i'd suggest u get a XFi Xtreme Music , and the T6060 till the prices of the 5.1 speakers drop , or till the Z5300 is available ...

And about onboard audio .. it always comes down to the cpu finally .. so u'll have to stay away from "quality" audio :p ... and by "Quality" audio , i mean using KX (which is not available for the XFi's sadly :() :D .... me happy with my sound card :p .. EAX5 can wait !!!!

pawsingh

>>----------->
Thanks again,

I have decided that i will wait and go for Z5500. First i will try it with onboard audio and will purchase audio card later.

HRISHIG

Broken In
I am using z5500 for more than a year . WOW is the only word for these. Brought mine around 13 k from US. Make sure that you use good tuning for these and first start with zero bass from subwoofer and then gradually increase it to your test. For the very first time they will sound boomy but with little twiking with eqilizers (max 10 - 15 mins ) they are the best..

B

bigdaddy486

I have an old(7year) mercury 2.1 speaker now and it works.......
What would you do if you are in my place now?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
bigdaddy486 said:
I have an old(7year) mercury 2.1 speaker now and it works.......
What would you do if you are in my place now?

Dump the shitty speakers and get myself a REAL speaker set. No offense meant but I hate that brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom