Below 19k : Atrix2 or Xolo X900

LegendKiller

In the zone
My budget has to be cut down due to some problems at my end and now i have a extremely tight budget of 15-19000 Rs and i don't think i could add even a rupee over Rs19k here.

I know its a big constraint considering the choices available, but doing some research today, i find Atrix2 price at 18.4 k and Xolo X900 priced at Rs.17.5 k to be having good features at affordable prices.

Read some reviews and Anandtech's review of Xolo-X900 has really made me sit-up and take notice and Atrix2 generally has good reviews.

Problem i think is of support of these phones as i hear lava has only 1 center in noida and Motorola may exit India in coming months, although they have denied this to me via FB.

A indian website TheMobileIndian claims that pre-orders on new Lumia will start on 23/10 and 820 would be priced at 20k. i am not sure if its trustable?

So, pls suggest.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Really doubt Lumia 820 will cost 20k. Should be priced 25-28k, with a launch price of 30k. Grab Atrix 2 if you want a safe bet. X900 has great hardware but service center can be a problem plus fixed memory and battery.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
What about service center? Not good? Definetly Moto enjoys better brand name then Lava...but from the reviews its obvious that Lava is just marketing the phone here and i hear they only have one center in Noida and they provide pick-up and drop facility.

I really don't want to skip a phone just because of service center issue. As you know lot of people here buy imported goods, knowing fully well that those handsets will not repaired in India.

So, unless the service center is extremely crap, i want to buy a phone for its qualities...I just checked their website and the ICS update canbe manually downloaded in .zip format. wow!

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
XOLO has promising hardware.. Intel know the business.. No developer / custom support though..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
As you might have already know from the 20K Lag Free Phone thread.. i got Atrix 2. now its 18.5K at FK.. ICS is the last update for this phone.. it will not get JB for any future official updates. im still testing the phone, as of now I am satisfied with the performance. Camera is not great. but rest is all good.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ yea.. will do it.. need to test it for couple of more days.. specially for the "battery" part which I was stressing a lot :p

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
thanks for reply....would be buying on and around 29-30th oct.......any more feedback appreciated.

@Rcuber,
do let me know about your ics update on the phone. I saw this small review by FoneArena of Xolo's ICS update : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGNaiWBrSb0

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xolo is an excellent phone.it should get jellybean too mainly because its intel made and intel needs such things to gain market share.
secondly the atrix 2 is also excellent.it has pretty good support on xda.but then it is badly beaten by the xolo.on the positive side it has expandable storage.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Well, pretty fast reply from Xolo Care :

Dear Customer,Thank you for contacting us.We have only one service center in Noida, If you will face any problem withyour XOLO handset than we will be arranged pick up from you and it will goour service center.The handset will be return back to you in 5 working days. Currently we don't have any information for the further Version update sostay touch with www.xolo.in

@pratyush,
The problem is that it isn't supported at all by samsung india, so with a heavy heart i had to sideline it.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^nice..get xolo straight away..performance is much better than atrix 2 n nexus..i doubt about popular apps running on that 600x1024 uneven resolution...

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Well, just came back from market, some good news and some bad one's..

A.Bad: All major retailers don't have either of the two mentioned here. Reliance Digital has one or two pieces of Atrix-2 but they are saying that, again, Moto is going out of india and there's hardly any sale of atrix2 in some time.

B.Good : Spice is offering 5800 Rs for my old Wave-2 :razz: and is quoting One-S at 24.4 K. So, basically my Limit of Rs.19k gets fulfilled.:clap2:

If everything goes well, i will buy one-s before 1st of November.:-D

Last edited:
OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
guys bought one-s 2 days back......so far so good. will post a review once exams get over. What i can say from intial usage is that PenTile display is a reality even on its awesome display....otherwise its pretty good.

Top Bottom