Beam Broadband Mind blowing lighting speeds

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, I have been using Beam (the same 10 Mbps plan) for the last 10 months, and I must say, it is very impressive.
However, from the shots you have posted, your ping seems to be very high. Mine always stays in 20's or less.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, here is my shot:

*www.speedtest.net/result/2020069559.png

*www.speedtest.net/result/2020066935.png

I know the ping is higher than I mentioned. :-?

kisame

King of Heroes
what could be reason for my higher ping?
i tried pingtest
*www.pingtest.net/result/65034243.png
Ha Ha Ha!!!U have internet which is faster than 98% of other peoples yet you are worried about small difference in pings.
Hunger for bandwidth never stops.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::p:p

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
Ha Ha Ha!!!U have internet which is faster than 98% of other peoples yet you are worried about small difference in pings.
Hunger for bandwidth never stops.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::p:p
no i am curious about it, i did see lower pings with other beam connections compared to mine.
as far as speed is concerned, 10 mbps is an overkill. But 2 mbps unlimited is the real good, for 1500 bucks they double fup speed to 4 mbps.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
God dam!But i guess if they set up for all citys i guess they will reduce speeds and FUP?aS THEN it will be a huge comapny and airtel will be in loss :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I had contacted Beam Telecom for that same 10 mbps internet plan a few days ago... No one showed up. Called them 3 times...

Then finally one sales guy showed up yesterday. I am afraid their after sales service might suck... but still want the faster speeds. So booked 10 Mbps for 6 months plan (saving Rs 500 + 500 installation charges)...

Hope to get it in 3 days....

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is it available in Chennai, They have in Bangalore and Hydrabad(as mentioned in the previous post), why they skip Chennai? :shock:

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
I had contacted Beam Telecom for that same 10 mbps internet plan a few days ago... No one showed up. Called them 3 times...
they came to my house within 30 mins of calling. their branch office seems to be near my place.

Then finally one sales guy showed up yesterday. I am afraid their after sales service might suck... but still want the faster speeds. So booked 10 Mbps for 6 months plan (saving Rs 500 + 500 installation charges)...
me too

why 3 days?, they would have installed the next day for me, but i told them two days later as i had some other work, then i called in the evening two days later, within an hour they came and installed.

pratik385

In the zone
I've a Reliance Broadband connection.
Plan: 12mbps till 30gb then 2mbps unlimited, it is same from speedtest website but its not same when i download stuff in Chrome or bittorrent. I get around 1.6mbps max.
How much speed are you guys getting on downloads on chrome or Bittorrents?

aniket.cain

Padawan

The ASS of Beam is pretty decent. My flatmate broke his cable connector, and the repair guy arrived within 3 hours to change the connector.
Though the best part about Beam is that they forget to trigger the FUP limit time and again, and you will generally get full speed throughout the month. :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Yesterday, I torrented a 900MB file in less than 5 minutes... Got a speed of 4 MBPS/sec... Its not normal... but really amazing... ;)

infrared1100

Right off the assembly line
Beam seems great, but I am using BSNL boradband from 6 years, 99% uptime. May be it will sound strange but BSNL worked best for me. I can say that if there is anything about this crappy BSNL service I am happy about is it's BSNL Broadband Service. Never ditched me ever. 400/Month - Night Unlimited. :) :D

Top Bottom