[Views] Be warned about couple of Sony LCD panels

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Every company gets into that situation where they have to make a recall. It happens. Unfortunately, you end up with one of these bad apples. What's more important that the recall procedure happens quick as possible, and you get a suitable replacement.

Some time ago, Sony Japan made a recall of 2 LCD TVs: KLV-40W300A & KLV-40X350A. They declared a worldwide recall. But when I asked Sony India PR for that they decided not to comment. So I decided to create a thread in facebook page but I am getting a feeling they will eventually delete it, indicating that I am "defaming" them.

They're not ready to say that they are going to recall them. But they are not saying what they'll do about it either. It goes without saying that chances are they will simply replace the bad capacitor and do a patch work on the damages. Why would a company hide the fact? Sony Japan did say they will put an advisory on their site and email users, looks like everyone in India wants to take their own people for a ride. We all know how incompetent service centres are, and they are not going to hesitate in blaming the end user and even accuse them of lying. Like many consumer electronics companies that are handled in India, ignorance works for them.

And this goes without saying: Under any circumstances, please for your own good, stop suggesting something on brand' name. A lot of companies have history of making great stuff and great service over the years but unfortunately something happens and it all falls down. I've seen a lot of people recommending stuff based on brands- especially memory and power supply. Being fanboys isn't helping anyone.

Sarath

iDota
You cannot go wrong with brands unless there is a suitable underdog to take them head on. :)

I don't think we have many fanboys here anyways.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Every company gets into that situation where they have to make a recall. It happens. Unfortunately, you end up with one of these bad apples. What's more important that the recall procedure happens quick as possible, and you get a suitable replacement.

Some time ago, Sony Japan made a recall of 2 LCD TVs: KLV-40W300A & KLV-40X350A. They declared a worldwide recall. But when I asked Sony India PR for that they decided not to comment. So I decided to create a thread in facebook page but I am getting a feeling they will eventually delete it, indicating that I am "defaming" them.

They're not ready to say that they are going to recall them. But they are not saying what they'll do about it either. It goes without saying that chances are they will simply replace the bad capacitor and do a patch work on the damages. Why would a company hide the fact? Sony Japan did say they will put an advisory on their site and email users, looks like everyone in India wants to take their own people for a ride. We all know how incompetent service centres are, and they are not going to hesitate in blaming the end user and even accuse them of lying. Like many consumer electronics companies that are handled in India, ignorance works for them.

And this goes without saying: Under any circumstances, please for your own good, stop suggesting something on brand' name. A lot of companies have history of making great stuff and great service over the years but unfortunately something happens and it all falls down. I've seen a lot of people recommending stuff based on brands- especially memory and power supply. Being fanboys isn't helping anyone.

This is why I am a fan of Sorcy... Unbiased

Top Bottom