OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Yes, bootloader was unlocked by me,before the invocation of TWRP coomand

1).adb> fastboot devices

Device name given in alphanumeric

2).adb>fastboot oem unlock

Success,showing how much milliseconds it took. No Failure/Error message.

3).adb> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (TWRP Recovery)

Success,showing how much milliseconds it took. No Failure/Error message.

4).adb> fastboot reboot bootloader

5).adb> fastboot erase cache

6).adb> fastboot reboot

Only the above six commands given by me,with success on all.

But after proper reboot, the screen plays the BDF animation logo(with normal start off) and then freezes indefinitely.

@whitestar_999 , my Friend anything wrong with those commands???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no experience with unlocking bootloader, @SaiyanGoku might know something. Also as I understand,not all TWRP versions are compatible with all devices(e.g.latest redmi note 7/7 pro required an experimental/non-regular version of TWRP at the time of their launch).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Do you have any official or ported TWRP image which is confirmed to work with your device? Incompatible ones would cause issues.

These images are device specific. Share link from where you got current twrp file.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Do you have any official or ported TWRP image which is confirmed to work with your device? Incompatible ones would cause issues.

These images are device specific. Share link from where you got current twrp file.
[URL] *unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-2-3-mt6580/[/URL]

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-2-3-mt6580/
Link says its for a phone. :|
Did you check if this was reported to work on your tablet specifically or did you assume it'll just work?
Different devices have different partitioning schemes and different bootloading process.
Check if you can get stock recovery from OEM and then flash it over using fastboot. DO NOT experiment with it unless you have a complete backup + fastboot image available.

Why do you want to flash TWRP on it btw?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Link says its for a phone. :|
Did you check if this was reported to work on your tablet specifically or did you assume it'll just work?
Different devices have different partitioning schemes and different bootloading process.
Check if you can get stock recovery from OEM and then flash it over using fastboot. DO NOT experiment with it unless you have a complete backup + fastboot image available.

Why do you want to flash TWRP on it btw?
Sorry,for my eagerness and noobism,for which I had bricked the tablet.
I assumed that would work,as the Tablet: BDF-819 is running under Mediatek MTK6580 chipset pocessor.

I wanted to flash TWRP such that,I could install and run Magisk tool in it. Subsequently (IF POSSIBLE) could go in for flashing a custom rom.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sorry,for my eagerness and noobism,for which I had bricked the tablet.
I assumed that would work,as the Tablet: BDF-819 is running under Mediatek MTK6580 chipset pocessor.

I wanted to flash TWRP such that,I could install and run Magisk tool in it. Subsequently (IF POSSIBLE) could go in for flashing a custom rom.
Are there any custom roms for this tablet?
I'm not sure if you can boot into recovery but there is a chance you can hard reset it if you can get into fastboot.
Talk to the seller to get you stock recovery.img or just use it as a paperweight. :(

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Are there any custom roms for this tablet?
I'm not sure if you can boot into recovery but there is a chance you can hard reset it if you can get into fastboot.
Talk to the seller to get you stock recovery.img or just use it as a paperweight. :(

Contacted to the seller, through AliExpress Message Center.
Their PR Manager some Ms. LuLu, assured me of every help by sending a firmware through link,onto my e-mail.

Also contacted the company and addressed the issue/problem at
[URL="*www.bdfpad.com/en/contact.asp?ClassID=Contact Us"]Shenzhen BDF Technology Co., Ltd., Best Android Tablet from China[/URL]

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
As a careless fool and moron I had BRICKED my new Tablet,while I tried to flash TWRP Recovery......................................................................................................................................................................................

Screen stuck at Boot Logo..............................................................................................................
Same here I bricked my Motorola G6 and had to sell it off by again flashing it with stock ROM from a local software wala. I paid him 1k for that. Shoud not do it without having complete knowledge of flashing.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contacted to the seller, through AliExpress Message Center.
Their PR Manager some Ms. LuLu, assured me of every help by sending a firmware through link,onto my e-mail.

Also contacted the company and addressed the issue/problem at
Shenzhen BDF Technology Co., Ltd., Best Android Tablet from China

get it and flash t using SP Flash Tool. Everything should be back to normal.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

AT LAST RESURRECTED/UNBRICKED THE BDF-819 TABLET FROM IT'S STATE OF PAPERWEIGHT TO A MEDIA DEVICE(PETTY TABLET PC).

Again returned to Normal as after factory settings...

Thank You all my Friends.
Also a great Thanks to BDF TOUCH TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY LTD., SHENZHEN , CHINA for the immense help in providing me the stock ROM/FIRMWARE of this Tablet.

Just asking @whitestar_999 and @meetdilip , which settings shall I go for Airtel 4G sim settings in my Tablet?

upload_2019-11-12_18-16-10.png

OR

upload_2019-11-12_18-16-59.png

Because both the settings are for Airtel 4G LTE Sim...

Only at Kolkata Circle, MCC:404 and MNC:31 by default.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the settings with proxy is used to stop redirects to airtel own site(kind of like home page) when opening any web page at launch but not sure.

P.S. btw can you explain the exact procedure here,it may help others in future.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Please don't flash TWRP in the tablet if there is no ported/supported version for the model you are using. There is 100% chance of bricking.

First you should be certain that the Devs support is present for the Model No. (matching only the CPU is not enough).
Each TWRP is differently compiled for all devices and even the unlocking bootloader method is different.

You got lucky in restoring the device back to factory state.

Rooting is possible without boot-loader unlock, but I suggest to refrain from it. It will raise 10 more problems while solving 1.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Please don't flash TWRP in the tablet if there is no ported/supported version for the model you are using. There is 100% chance of bricking.

First you should be certain that the Devs support is present for the Model No. (matching only the CPU is not enough).
Each TWRP is differently compiled for all devices and even the unlocking bootloader method is different.

You got lucky in restoring the device back to factory state.

Rooting is possible without boot-loader unlock, but I suggest to refrain from it. It will raise 10 more problems while solving 1.
Thanks @Zangetsu , accepting your wise advice.
If I root with KingRoot app. will that be an issue?

Regarding, Luck of restoration, I'm really THANKFUL to SHENZHEN BDF TOUCH TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., for their ardent support. Otherwise factory resetting or unbricking would hadn't be possible.
They provided me with the STOCK ROM/FIRMWARE of this Tablet. A big Thanks to them.

Top Bottom