Batman: Arkham Origins

heidi2521

Padawan
B:AO has been announced for PC/PS360/Wii U as a prequel to AA/AC and deals with the origins of Batman. The main antagonist will be the Black Mask

Developer: WB Montreal

Release Date: October 25

*i.imgur.com/6PyWIDc.jpg

No rocksteady, no mark hamill. I'm not sure if it will be able to reach the bar set by them.

Detailed writeup by Eurogamer:
Batman: Arkham Origins announced for PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 • News • Eurogamer.net

Origins is the next game in the Arkham series, and follows the release of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, according to a report by GameFocus.

Those games were developed by Rocksteady. Origins is made by WB Games Montreal. Origins is set several years before the previous Arkham games, and sees the player assume the role of a younger Batman who meets many of the series' iconic characters for the first time.

The game world will be approximately twice as big as it was in Arkham City. The north half of Origins' map will be similar to the setting of Arkham City, although it won't have giant prison walls surrounding it and Amusement Mile won't be flooded. There will also be more Christmas decorations, giving it a sort of Batman Returns vibe.

The south half of the map will be New Gotham, which is described as a classier part of town with more skyscrapers. Given the larger setting, players will be able to move about faster thanks to the Batwing offering a mode of fast travel. Players will need to dismantle hacked towers that emit jamming signals though before they can fly to certain regions.

While most of Batman's combat and stealth techniques will be familiar to those who played earlier games in the series, one of his new toys is the "remote claw," which allows players to shoot two targets, then pull them towards one another. This will be useful for stringing foes up, bounding two of them together at once, or making large object crash into thugs. You can also use the remote claw to set up slick traps, like dangling an explosive barrel from a perch, then luring guards under it with a sonic batarang.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Love the new suit, looks more practical and seems to have taken a lot of inspiration from Nolan's and Injustice's Batman, and even the new52 comics' Superman :D

ratul

█████████████████
fully functional city?? :-D:hyper::cloud9:
now that'll definitely pump up the atmosphere, eagerly awaited.. :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Gaming Everything » Blog Archive » Batman: Arkham Origins – tons of details, first screenshots

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I just hope the gameplay feels as solid as AA and AC. Bit worried as this is not being developed by rocksteady. But hope WB monreal can deliver. Suit looks awesome.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
The folks at WB Montreal did develop Hulk: Ultimate Destruction which was a ton of fun. I don't think it will be a turd but I'm not sure it can reach the bar set by Rocksteady either.

I've updated the OP with more information about the game.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wonder how game play will change from shift to new studio. RockSteady was spot on with the control mechanics and free flow style of fighting as well as level design. Love both the Batman games. I seriously hope WB doesn't crap this series trying to make a lot of sequels in quick succession.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
wonder how game play will change from shift to new studio. RockSteady was spot on with the control mechanics and free flow style of fighting as well as level design. Love both the Batman games. I seriously hope WB doesn't crap this series trying to make a lot of sequels in quick succession.

They are using Rocksteadys custom Unreal Engine and keeping the free flow mechanics, so it shouldn't change much. I won't have much of a problem with annual releases as long as they have multiple high caliber studios working on their own Arkham game for 2 - 3 years, a la Assassins Creed.

Cool. For all platforms?

Yup. No point in botching the sales for one platform by delaying its release.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Back in Arkham City, the game had huge skyscrapers in the background which can only be accessed through a glitch(youtube it). Looking at the new info, they clearly say the game world is divided into two parts, Gotham old and new. So I'm guessing WB montreal are going to take Arkham City and re skin the hell out of it and add the gotham content. So consider it an expansion.

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
there will be fast travel as well using the Bat-wing....well we can't control it...but still :D

I just hope they don't screw this up...it would be gr8 to have some action sequences using the bat-mobile and bike :D ...can't wait :hyper:

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
More GI coverage: The world of Arkham Origins:

The World Of Batman: Arkham Origins - Features - www.GameInformer.com

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Batman-arkham-origins-new-screenshots-artworks

Game won't disappoint and will match the bar set by the previous games.

Top Bottom