Batman: Arkham City

pratik385

In the zone
@ gameranad
Yes man, do watch some old Batman movie, they are crap but you will get an idea about the villans. Comic and animated series rocks btw but may be not available now :)

@ all
Ive heard in the past that Batman is not good? He has done some wrong stuff against Superman?

quan chi

mortal kombat
only 8hrs!!!
how much was batman:aa core gameplay hours then...4hrs?!!
That depends on what difficulty you are playing it and how you are playing it.
100% completion (solving riddler's problem and collecting trophies etc) takes approximately max 12 hrs i think.Otherwise i read somewhere people completing it within 6hrs.
For me also i think it took almost same.
Btw 8 hrs core gameplay is enough for a single player campaign.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
That depends on what difficulty you are playing it and how you are playing it.
100% completion (solving riddler's problem and collecting trophies etc) takes approximately max 12 hrs i think.Otherwise i read somewhere people completing it within 6hrs.
For me also i think it took almost same.
Btw 8 hrs core gameplay is enough for a single player campaign.

man it took me around 20-22 hrs or something at about 70%(normal) !!
and i never felt like i got stuck at some place or something is taking more time than normal

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^WTF were you doing so long roaming??:D anyways completed it months back dont remember exactly but it took me around 5-6 days playing approx 1hr each day.Yes on normal.

even these guys completed 100% in 12 hrs.*xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1016701p3.html

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
^ confirmed with my brother ...he says he finished in 8 -10 hrs...

wtf maybe ...i felt it to be long because i played only 1-2 hrs at a time ...and it took almost a week...didnt have gamplay tracker ...in those days...

btw iirc that was my first game on my new pc ...gaming almost after a gap of 4-5 years

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For those wondering about the length of the game:

Batman: Arkham City Up To 40 Hours Long, Map 5 Times Size Of Asylum's

Paul Crocker, lead narrative designer at Rocksteady has revealed to NowGamer that Batman: Arkham City will be longer and bigger than Akham Asylum.

Speaking with Crocker at Gamescom, he told us, "We have the single player game with the full narrative, and for that you're talking about the 20-25 hour mark. But if you want 100 per cent complete, with finding all 400 Riddler trophies, finding all the cameos, then we reckon that's at least 40 hours of gaming."

But Batman: Arkham City could offer even more value for money.

Crocker continued, "Then you have challenge mode, which has been expanded from the first game. There really is an infinite amount of possibilities. If you like the combat, or if you like the Predator challenges then really, you never have to buy anoer game. Challenge mode is ere to make you a better Batman, or as it happens, a better Catwoman."

How big is Arkham City, in terms of map size?

"From a sheer size point of view, it's about five times as big as Arkham Asylum."

Finally, we asked Crocker about feedback they'd had from the Robin reveal. He told us, "Robin is one of the DLC player-characters in challenge mode. The feedback has been good, and we needed a Robin in our Akham-verse. He's one of those characters that lots of people have ideas about. Some like him, some hate him, but we love him, and in our game, he looks good next to Batman."

Batman: Arkham City is out on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on 21 October.

Source: Nowgamer

New Joker Art Work:

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/723/33468244.jpg

gameranand

Living to Play
Thats real nice that game is much longer than previous one.
Also good to see that Legacy of Heath Ledger is still alive even after his death. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do this game still prevent AMD cards from applying AA just like its predecessor? In that case I will drop this game. :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ skud

You'll miss a lot compared to aa if you do that. The game has a lot lot more than that to offer.:cool:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think so. Also in previous game a patch was released which allowed to apply AA through CCC.

Performance was still very bogus, afair. Also turning on aa through CCC is not exactly the ideal option.

It would be better if they implement FXAA like FEAR3, it can be turned on in AMD cards also, although it's a nVIDIA technology.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Performance was still very bogus, afair. Also turning on aa through CCC is not exactly the ideal option.

It would be better if they implement FXAA like FEAR3, it can be turned on in AMD cards also, although it's a nVIDIA technology.

What are you saying? Choose your words properly buddy.
No offense....

I have the game installed still and its performing flawlessly in my 5750 and there's hardly any aliasing to notice.
It will be a piece of cake for your 6950.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah I also played it on my 5770 and it ran pretty smoothly. Although I didn't tweaked those AA settings from CCC. But I gotta say that it performs much better in Nvidia and thats not good. They are supporting one company and leaving other for dust eating thats ridiculous. I hope Arkham City won't follow that line and would be neutral in that case.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yeah I also played it on my 5770 and it ran pretty smoothly. Although I didn't tweaked those AA settings from CCC. But I gotta say that it performs much better in Nvidia and thats not good. They are supporting one company and leaving other for dust eating thats ridiculous. I hope Arkham City won't follow that line and would be neutral in that case.

as long as its Nvidia Physix written game then brighter for Nvidia & darker for ATI :evil:

gameranand

Living to Play
I don't have a problem if game slightly performs better on Nvidia or AMD for that matter but when performance difference is easily differentiable then I am pissed off with developers. You wanna write Physix no problem go ahead but don't piss off AMD customers. Thats all I am asking from them.

Well, when nvUdia pays big $$$ for the game to be exclusively coded for their stuff, the other group will definitely suffer and vice versa is also true, mostly anyways.

Top Bottom