Basic Home PC within 20-22k

mitraark

Decrepit
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: It will be used for watching movies mainly, the most basic processor motherboard and GPU will suffice.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k but willing to extend by a few ks more.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Preferably 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 22" LCD ( LED might stretch the budget )

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will try to get it assembled at the shop

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chandni Chowk, Kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest the whole configuration within 22k max..

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
CPU : AMD Athlon II X 270 Rs. 3200
MOBO : Biostar A960G+ Rs. 2400.
Corsair Value Select 4GB DDR3 Rs. 1000.
WD 1B Hdd : Should be around Rs. 4500.
DVD writer: HP (SATA) Rs. 1000.
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2 Rs. 2800.
Cabinet: Coolermaster Elite 310 Rs. 1800.
LCD: Dell ST220L: Rs. 9000.
KB+MO: Logitech combo: Rs. 700.
Total : 25400 (approx)

Anything below this is not worthy.

This is a much better motherboard:

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT Rs. 2800 ;)
EDIT:
LCD: Dell ST2220MB Rs. 8200.
New total now less than 25k ;)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

That series of Phenom processors are obsolete and aren't available anywhere. Be specific about the keyboard mouse combo.

I think he's talking of the Logitech MK200 which should be available for under Rs.750/-

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com

He's on a budget and will buy the cheapest stuff ;)

Think before you post.

^^

That series of Phenom processors are obsolete and aren't available anywhere. Be specific about the keyboard mouse combo.

I think he's talking of the Logitech MK200 which should be available for under Rs.750/-

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H USB3 - Rs 3350
Processor : Intel® Pentium® Processor G630 - Rs 3300
Ram : Corsair Value Select 4GB - Rs 1200
GPU : Zotac GT 210/HD 5450 - Rs 2000 ( only if you are heavily in 1080p and MADvr)
HDD : WD 1TB - Rs 4600
DvD writer : Samsung - Rs 950
PSU : Antec Basiq BP350 350W Rs 1800
Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite - Rs 1750
Keyboard & Mouse - Rs 650
Monitor - Dell ST2220MB - Rs 8200 ( Full HD)

Total Rs 27,800

If Intel only then otherwise you can also go for AMD APUs. Wait for others to suggest,AMDs.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Can a cheaper monitor be suggested ? Might be able to save upto 1500 there.

I have AThlon II x2 260 myself, i think 270 will be good enough , if there are no newer alternative in that price range.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
The IGP on the H61 mobo will easily play HD content! OP doesnot really need a dedicated gpu :)
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H USB3 - Rs 3350
Processor : Intel® Pentium® Processor G630 - Rs 3300
Ram : Corsair Value Select 4GB - Rs 1200
GPU : Zotac GT 210/HD 5450 - Rs 2000 ( only if you are heavily in 1080p and MADvr)
HDD : WD 1TB - Rs 4600
DvD writer : Samsung - Rs 950
PSU : Antec Basiq BP350 350W Rs 1800
Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite - Rs 1750
Keyboard & Mouse - Rs 650
Monitor - Dell ST2220MB - Rs 8200 ( Full HD)

Total Rs 27,800

If Intel only then otherwise you can also go for AMD APUs. Wait for others to suggest,AMDs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
configuration suggested by @The Incinerator is fine with certain modifications.get any cheap intex/zebronics cabinet for ~600 & save ~1100 on cabinet.also drop graphics card as i am guessing you are not into madvr & G630 onboard graphics is more than enough when used with win 7 EVR renderer for most 1080p videos so another saving of ~2000.after this total cost of intel system will be ~24700.though usually i don't suggest this but with a low power consuming rig like this you can get a cheap ~Rs.550-650 psu so cost can be further decreased to ~23500.don't save on monitor for a pc which is going to be used mainly for movie viewing.this intel rig will far outperform any amd dual core with just a difference of ~400.

Cilus

laborare est orare
mitrrak, since you are planning this for an HTPC purpose, I am assuming that you are not going to update the main components like CPU and motherboard. You might add a middle end GPU later. So why not an Dual Core or Triple Core APU and even a llano based one will serve your purpose better and will eliminate the need for a GPU. You can get a A4-3400 (Dual Core) with a A55 Motherboard around 7K which is better for HTPC need. Another option is AMD Trinity, A4-5300 around 3K. Wait a little for the budget FM2 boards to be released.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Well the PC is for a friend of mine, who just wants to buy a cheap PC for his home use. It isn't going to be an HTPC in strict terms , i mentioned that it will be used to watch movies because that is what most Home pcs are used for. I didn;t want to mention gaming because people would've (rightly) suggested to buy atleast AMD 6670 which would definitely exceed the given budget. So, will it be necessary to buy APU or Llano baed CPU , or will the Athlon II X2 suffice ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Go for the following CPU + Motherboard combo:-

AMD A4-5300 @ 3K
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 @ 3.5K

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
I've told him all the options , Athlon, G630, A4 , he;ll decide according to his budget :|

I've told him to go with the PSU that comes with the cabinet ( Zebronics ), i know it may seem like a big risk but i think it will run the low power machine without any problems.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ if he's gng the generic way atleast get the better of the generics.Zebronics still had re-labelled p3 era smps..get a umax or something that has more amps on 12V rail-atleast a generic one that comes closest to prevalent ATX specs. There is a Umax 600W @ 700 bucks(the 450W come at about 45-500 i guess) is its overall quality is better than the others.

Top Bottom