Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
Thanks a lot for the info.
Its sad that EVGA Step-Up isn't available here,otherwise it would be the better option.So far ZOTAC looks enticing, will look out for reviews.

ur welcome!

and yes u must look for more people and and their ideas ..at the all that matters is ..if u are satisfied with what u bought ...so u should make urself convinced ...and specially in ur case u have time ...so u can take the liberty of doing research.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Zotac is VFM.

Zotac Amp! editions are the OC'd editions. They cost a li'l more. Zotac has lower prices and its build quality is average.

eVGA has normal + OC'd editions (Akimbo, KO, etc.). eVGA is li'l costlier but its build quality is better.

P.S. - Why not take a look at MSi models ?

tkin

Back to school!!
Zotac is VFM.

Zotac Amp! editions are the OC'd editions. They cost a li'l more. Zotac has lower prices and its build quality is average.

eVGA has normal + OC'd editions (Akimbo, KO, etc.). eVGA is li'l costlier but its build quality is better.

P.S. - Why not take a look at MSi models ?
There's EVGA SSC(Super Super Clocked) editions,the highest clock speeds in the catagory at little bit extra.

MSI is good but costs more than even XFX in some cases, 9800GTX costs~20k wheres XFX is at 18k.So I'm going with EVGA at this point.

imgame2

Padawan
There's EVGA SSC(Super Super Clocked) editions,the highest clock speeds in the catagory at little bit extra.

MSI is good but costs more than even XFX in some cases, 9800GTX costs~20k wheres XFX is at 18k.So I'm going with EVGA at this point.

personally i think EVGA is better than MSI ...when comes to nVidia cards with exception of MSI 8800GTOC card.

Y not think off HD4870 for that budget,,or GTX 260??

acewin

Point Blanc
why should I go for 610 chipset while I can get 630 at 2.9k? but the problem I am facing is to select between 630i and 650i... and i don't know the price of 650i... but is nforce's motherboard(630i/650i) is best at this range(4K) or there are others? and which motherboard can handle better overclocking? nforce or gigabyte?

sayantan my las reply was for you only.
intel DG31 chipset based mobos are better if you buying an extra GPU, otherwise nvidia 630 chipset which has decent onboard GPU chipset based mobos available in less than 3K

P31 or P965 chipset based mobos in around 3.5-4K

Better option is getting P35 chipset mobos in 4.5K if u can extend upto that and a GPU
nForce 630/650i chipet based mobos do not support dual channel RAM so they are no good, better go for intel chipsets

rating the chipsets I will say
630i < DG31 < P31 < P965 < P35

imgame2

Padawan
guys need suggestion for a good mouse and keyboard for gaming around 1.5k (including both)...

any help will be appreciated...

tkin

Back to school!!
i m telling him the same thing ...from a long time ...and if want to stay with nvidia atleast gtx260 is a must buy in that price range...gtx260 leaves to dust any 9800gtx variant including 9800gtx+ ...
That's absolutely correct no doubt, BUT besides ZOTAC all other GTX260 are available at ~25k region(EVGA,XFX etc, just name it) and they don't show any signs of coming down either.:(:(

Sadly, I haven't made up my mind about going with ZOTAC YET, so its well out of my reach.:(

Last hope- XFX/EVGA GTX260 at 18~20K at october.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi all... Guys i need you help ...

My friend is going to buy a new system...

His budget is around 35k

He needs a gaming plus a powerful machine mos his budget... His main use can be totally of gaming...

So your suggestions need...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That's absolutely correct no doubt, BUT besides ZOTAC all other GTX260 are available at ~25k region(EVGA,XFX etc, just name it) and they don't show any signs of coming down either.:(:(

Sadly, I haven't made up my mind about going with ZOTAC YET, so its well out of my reach.:(

Last hope- XFX/EVGA GTX260 at 18~20K at october.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't you think that HD4870 is a much better option for 17k as it competes with GTX280 and GTX260 can't match HD4870?? Just my two cents.

GTX260 is not at all VFM.

In case of nVidia I would get two 9800gtx+ in SLI mode instead of single grossly overpriced GTX260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom