Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@KPower Mania
well C2Q with 9600GT and 4GB RAM will be obviously better, but then i'll get outta budget...
lemme put in like this..
C2D(E8200) with 2GB RAM and 9600GT is costin me 38735/-
same with 8600GT is costin me 34735/-
C2D with 4GB RAM and 9600GT is costin me 41135/-
C2Q(Q6600) with 2GB RAM and 8600GT is costin me 36635/-
C2Q with 4GB RAM and 9600GT is costin me 43235/-

now considerin that i dunn wanna spend above 40k (lesser will be better) what is better
C2D with 2gb ram and 9600gt
or
C2Q with 2gb ram and 8600gt???

Intel DG33FBC--->5050/-
if there is any better motherboard in this range then plz suggest..

and i have an old rig whose config is
AMD sempron 2500+
512MB DDR400 RAM
Gigabyte MOBO
Daewoo 17" CRT
logitech K/B and microsoft mouse

what price can i expect in exchange!??

C2Q is definetly better for HD movies so go with it. And are you serious about the motherboard price :confused:. lol u can get the MSI P35 Neo-F for around the same price(5k) and is 200% better than this DG33FBC :).

acewin

Point Blanc
prankie, what is your gross budget, besides whatever your budget is check with what I gave in the config and decide AND SAY a BIG no to Viewsonic 19 inch when with just 1K more you are getting better Dell/HP/Samsung monitors.

If you wanna keep on 40K and moderate gaming(you really need to decide on the games you wanna play). If res hogging games it is then 2GB + 9600GT otherwise 4GB+8600GT
And if you just give me choice still I will say go for 2 GB + 9600GT, you can add RAM anytime.

You do not wanna do much upgrades so you can go mobo with 630i chipset also. DG33FB in 5K is nothing good when you can get P35 based mobos in 4.5K

Onto HDD also get WD 640GB instead of Seagate 500GB.
You got lot many options to reduce your total.

And never calculate Proccy + Mobo + GPU in your total budget. Take them as a separate budget will give you clearer pricture.

decide on cabinet and keep 2GB RAM, no real need of 4GB and still if you wanna keep 4GB do not add them in proccy+mobo+gpu, check them separately will help you out really

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I sold my p4 + Gigabyte mobo + 512MB DDR400 RAM + NVIDIA FX5200 128MB + 40GB HDD + iBall Speakers (2.0) + kbd+mouse + 17" CRT + Otical Drive for 7k :|.

prankie, what is your gross budget, besides whatever your budget is check with what I gave in the config and decide AND SAY a BIG no to Viewsonic 19 inch when with just 1K more you are getting better Dell/HP/Samsung monitors.

If you wanna keep on 40K and moderate gaming(you really need to decide on the games you wanna play). If res hogging games it is then 2GB + 9600GT otherwise 4GB+8600GT
And if you just give me choice still I will say go for 2 GB + 9600GT, you can add RAM anytime.

You do not wanna do much upgrades so you can go mobo with 630i chipset also. DG33FB in 5K is nothing good when you can get P35 based mobos in 4.5K

Onto HDD also get WD 640GB instead of Seagate 500GB.
You got lot many options to reduce your total.

And never calculate Proccy + Mobo + GPU in your total budget. Take them as a separate budget will give you clearer pricture.

decide on cabinet and keep 2GB RAM, no real need of 4GB and still if you wanna keep 4GB do not add them in proccy+mobo+gpu, check them separately will help you out really

Vista will take up much RAM so i recommanded 4GB but if he wants to stick with XP than 2GB is ok. As per the HDD, you are right. Get the WD640 GB. I didnt recommand it coz i never read it in his post :lol:.

9600GT .... well he can swing a sweet deal at a 9500GT also. Its better than the 8600GT an wil fit in his budget.

Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
Well i wanna keep my budget under 40k.. and i play games like NFS series, COD4, Gears of war, and UT3.. well my current pc cant play all of 'em but i have xbox360 and i usually game on it.. but since 360's game are very costly (and since i have to buy originals) .. i prefer pc games..

anyways here's the price list..
Q6600 -> 9400/-
E8200 -> 7300/-
Intel DG33FBC- 5050/-
VIP Cabinet ->1900/-
Seagate 500Gb hdd - 3975/-
4gb transcend 667mhz - 1950*2
4gb transcend 800mhz - 2400*2
19" viewsonic 8850/-
logitech combo 710/-
9600GT - 8550/-
8600GT - 4800/-

plz suggest alternate motherboards with prices and what changes can i make?

acewin

Point Blanc
Big NO to DG33 intel mobo you have good options in P35 chipset mobo from Palit/MSI/Biostar in the same price range.
Whoever is giving you the prices they are higher than current prices. You will easily get single stick 2GB 800 FSB RAM Kingston or Transcend in 1800-1850

Good for VIP cabinet get without PSU and buy a CoolerMaster 460W or 600W Extreme Power
WD 640 GB with 16 MB buffer is in 3.6K all over India and there are 2 500GB seagate models is this one 16MB buffer or 32MB buffer.
Prankie, if you are getting higher prices in Bhopal you should really consider getting from online stores in better price.

Meanwhile place an order for Dell 19 inch through Online. better than Viewsonic.
Prices of GPU is also higher so tell which company and model they are to be sure.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
acewin is correct. DG33FBC is sh1t. Get the MSI-P35 Neo-F for 5k.

The prices are definetly high.

Consider the Zotac 9600GT which the most VFM card. 2GB RAM will suffice.

Get the C2Q.

prvprv

Journeyman
What do u think of quad core..will it affect performance/ price if yes how much?

Quad core is much faster than C2D. But the cheapest Quad core processor is approximately 3.7k more than E7200.

acewin has suggested a good config above. checked it??

soman

Right off the assembly line
hey guys m a newbie basically...so i wanna ask is it better to buy a laptop or a desktop? cuz dese des u get everythin u aspire fr in a desktop in a laptop[esp. da configuration n price].da onle issue is wid da availability of separate hardwares fr a laptop like graphics card etc...n repair of a desktop s also easier i guess...

ma budget s around 40k fr da configuration...please can u tell me which is da best configuration under da formentioned budget in da latest? i m a college student n m interested in stuffs wich a genuine college student wants- simple programming, fast speed, no hiccups of overheatin,future secured[atleast 3-4 years] n not to forget crazy gaming.sorry if dis sounds a regular question fr u guys...well u can gimme da post no. if such kinda stuff s posted recently by some....lookin forward to yr replies...thank you!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Depends on how you want to use it like.

you get pretty good laptop for 40k and a powerful desktop for the same price.

If you are not at all interested in gaming, go for laptop, like Dell Studio series.

prankie

D PrankMaster
@kpower mania, acewin.
Thanx for ur replies... so where can i buy these products online?
plz suggest reliable sites???

acewin

Point Blanc
@soman, crazy gaming means a desktop, because u can configure them to your choice.
But a laptop means u can take them anywhere, and in 40K u will get real good deal.

But if get desktop u get very good n powerful with good gfx card.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Manoj, go on good proccy n mobo(so that u do not need to invest big on them latter on), get 8600GT 256 MB DDR3 as GPU n Dell or HP 19" monitor
Giving you the specs, but would recommend AMD they got good onboard GPU mobo which can help you an add on of extra GPU also if you want(remember CAD would need both strong proccy and good GPU)

Intel Config
Proccy C2Q Q6600 + P45 chipset based MSI P45 Neo-F +GPU
Cost@ITWARES 8850+6375 = 15225
8600GT 256MB DDR3 = 3500
9600GT 512MB DDR3 = 7250 Palit/POV/
HD3850 512MB DDR3 = 6000
AMD Config
Proccy Phenom X4 9550 + 780G chipset mobo
Cost@ITWARES 7650+5000 = 12650 (giving you choice of buying a better GPU also 780G got crossfire so u can put an ATI 3850 512MB DDR3 in 6K having better overall CAD performance than intel config in 20K total

But if you can raise up your budget a litle get C2Q config with good GPU

for the rest which would be common for any of the configs.
2GB single stick - 1800
Any Zebronics Cabinet without PSU < 1500
Cooler Master 600W Extreme Power - 3150
UPS Microtech 1KVA - 3500(better get this than APC 650VA in same price)
Monitor 19 inch Dell/HP in 9500 or 22 inch LG or Samsung in 12000 spending on 22 inch Dell will increase ur budget, but would be good with DVI port n all. LG models in 12K have also got DVI port but not Samsung.

HDD Seagate or WD any 250GB in 2500
640GB WD in 3600
DVD Burner Samsung 223 SATA - 1100 wud recommend this burner which has sata

Sony/Asus IDE 1200
You need to clear out the basic components like HDD + RAM + Burner + Monitor + Cabinet + PSU + UPS and then catch up what config of proccy + mobo you wanna go, that will give you better understanding of how much amount you wanna spend on proccy + mobo + GPU
@prvprv ..thanks for input.

@ acewin ........... thanks for wonderful suggestions..

I will go with AMD config.can u suggest me about 780G chipset mobo specific?
and one more question 2 GB will enough or should i go with 4 GB?tell me sp. details about ram too.
my budget for proccy + mobo + GPU is 20-22 k.Ready to compromise little in other common requirements.
config should be future ready for at least 4 yrs.
whats importance of DVI port.?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
acewin is correct. DG33FBC is sh1t. Get the MSI-P35 Neo-F for 5k.

The prices are definetly high.

Consider the Zotac 9600GT which the most VFM card. 2GB RAM will suffice.

Get the C2Q.
+1, but the MSI mobos(specially P35Neo-F) has some issues.Intel chipsets have a feature(Intel EIST- *www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/203838.htm ) that automatically adjusts the processor core clock speed depending on the load.This feature does not work well in MSI mobos. In my friends MSI mobo the Q6600 always runs at 2.4GHz, but in Intel mobos(like DQ35JO) the cores of Q6600 runs at as low as 1.5GHz per core when the loads are minimum.
Checked both mobos out myself with CPU-Z.
Although MSI lists Eist in documentation it doesnot work good.Otherwise this mobos are great:smile:.Asus is also good.
P.S-the Intel site documentations are old.EIST is supported by newer chipsets also.

soman

Right off the assembly line
@desiibond n acewin....Thanks!!!

talkin abt gamin m nt really interested in like gamin round da clok....jus fr few hrs if possibl in a de.

n abt laptops can a lappy b future secured fr 3-4 yrs? n cant i play games lik GTA, NFS n UT in lappy at all?i mean wudn gud configuration or graphics card do?

n fr a desktop wat s da rite configuration under a 40k budget in da latest? THank you!

tkin

Back to school!!
@desiibond n acewin....Thanks!!!

talkin abt gamin m nt really interested in like gamin round da clok....jus fr few hrs if possibl in a de.

n abt laptops can a lappy b future secured fr 3-4 yrs? n cant i play games lik GTA, NFS n UT in lappy at all?i mean wudn gud configuration or graphics card do?

n fr a desktop wat s da rite configuration under a 40k budget in da latest? THank you!
Will try to answer your first two questens:-
1.No, a laptop(Unless its a 2 lakh alienware) can not be futureproof for 3-4 yrs.At best 2 yrs depending on your usage type(office work)

2.Play-GTA 2,3 & NFS upto Underground 2, UT old versions-Yes
Play-GTA 4,NFS Most Wanted or Higher, UT latest editions-No(On moderate 40k budget)
Go for Alienware:D if want to play any game at any settings.

acewin

Point Blanc
start with DVI port in monitors, DVI port is for digital input and VGA is for analog.

Then comes 780G mobos if you think of getting ATI GFX cards, as 780G chipset are crossfire mobos, meaning 2 Ati cards can work together. Also the onboard GFX is Directex 10 card.
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H(And I do remeber desibond's pointing out that there is little prob in rev 1.0 mobo and getting rev 1.1 mobo.) price is 5.5K
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS3H(better than S2H has all HDMI n DVI) price 6,825 @lynx-india
MSI K9A2GM-FIH price 4900
Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI price 5775

all the above prices are from ITWARES

And for nVidia there are 8200 and 8300 chipset mobos nVidia Hybrid Technology to run nVidia GPU as these have onboard 8100 series GPU which are directx 10 compatible
Zotac GeForce 8300 price Rs :4,355.00
ABit AN-78HD

damn AMD mobos they have so good in bundle that general users should not think of intel. Most of the above mobos have HDMI n DVI port support 16GB RAM and some even have 2 PCI Express slots

about RAM buy single stick 2GB DDR2 RAM rom transcend/Kingston in 1.8K or if u want u can even go for Corsair they would come in 2.2K or so, though if you can buy then buy 2x2GB RAM making it 4GB its really a tough job finding compatible RAMs latter on. better you get dual channel from beginning.

@tkin>>Unlike that I think current laptops are better as prices of RAM is low and they can run XP superbly and even vista very well with 4GB RAM. so atleast next 3 years any current buy will go very well.

But truly you can expect huge turnovers, the way hardware market is moving, changes have become faster.

C2D came into mainstream last year, they were replaced by Penryn C2D of intel and Quad Core, start of the year. And Nahelam are already to enter the market. Just we have to see what AMD is launched later on to keep the market good.

And I think the no.s of laptops would have increased in last one year or two because of litle better proccy.
Any new res hogging OS from Microsoft comes up then again they will become centureis back. :D

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
start with DVI port in monitors, DVI port is for digital input and VGA is for analog.

Then comes 780G mobos if you think of getting ATI GFX cards, as 780G chipset are crossfire mobos, meaning 2 Ati cards can work together. Also the onboard GFX is Directex 10 card.
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H(And I do remeber desibond's pointing out that there is little prob in rev 1.0 mobo and getting rev 1.1 mobo.) price is 5.5K
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS3H(better than S2H has all HDMI n DVI) price 6,825 @lynx-india
MSI K9A2GM-FIH price 4900
Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI price 5775

all the above prices are from ITWARES

And for nVidia there are 8200 and 8300 chipset mobos nVidia Hybrid Technology to run nVidia GPU as these have onboard 8100 series GPU which are directx 10 compatible
Zotac GeForce 8300 price Rs :4,355.00
ABit AN-78HD

damn AMD mobos they have so good in bundle that general users should not think of intel. Most of the above mobos have HDMI n DVI port support 16GB RAM and some even have 2 PCI Express slots

about RAM buy single stick 2GB DDR2 RAM rom transcend/Kingston in 1.8K or if u want u can even go for Corsair they would come in 2.2K or so, though if you can buy then buy 2x2GB RAM making it 4GB its really a tough job finding compatible RAMs latter on. better you get dual channel from beginning.

@tkin>>Unlike that I think current laptops are better as prices of RAM is low and they can run XP superbly and even vista very well with 4GB RAM. so atleast next 3 years any current buy will go very well.

But truly you can expect huge turnovers, the way hardware market is moving, changes have become faster.

C2D came into mainstream last year, they were replaced by Penryn C2D of intel and Quad Core, start of the year. And Nahelam are already to enter the market. Just we have to see what AMD is launched later on to keep the market good.

And I think the no.s of laptops would have increased in last one year or two because of litle better proccy.
Any new res hogging OS from Microsoft comes up then again they will become centureis back. :D
Well, you are almost right.Just pointing==>Windows 7 launches 2010,DX11 probably 2011,Nehalem mainstream(8cores@affordable prices) at 2009,DDR2 2-4GB standard-NOW, DDR3 standard by 2009-2010, SLI/Crossfire affordable-NOW, Cheap LCDs-NOW, new Intel chipsets(Nehalem support) 2009-2010, AMD strikes back 2009-2010(hope),PhysX/HAVOC mainstream-2008-2009,Intel Larabee-2009-2010:smile:
------This changes the very concept of Futureproof.Even the GTX280/HD4870s will be outdated by 2010 best.:x

P.S-4GB RAM on 40k laptop????????.Still don't think possible(Power/Price):confused:.
And running Vista does not guarantee that the user can play games like NFS Carbon,P.S,UT3 or GTA4.:(

abhipal

Journeyman
Hello Friends I want to buy a new CPU upto 20 +-2K and need help on that.

Processor : Intel core 2duo/ 2quad

Is there noticeable performance difference between core 2 duo (E8200 and E8400) and core 2 quad (Q6600, Q6700 and Q9300)? Are the qual core processors a real quad core or is it the old double dual core processor? I am realy confused regading duo and quad, Which to buy?

Motherboard : Don't know, but one with integrated gfx card

Is there any motherboard with integrated Gfx card which can be used for game play little above than casual (Like Doom3, crisis, Diablo3)? Are the Intel original motherboard any good? Is their onboard GPU any good? I cuttently have D101GGC motherboard which have ATI 200 onboard GPU and I can play NFS MW, Carbon, Farcry, Rainbow 6 - Lockdown, Age 3 without any problem. Will these games run on G31, G33, G43 or G45? Does anybody have any personal experience? I don't want to invest in gfx card right now.

Ram : 2x1GB DDR2-800 corsair

PSU : Don't know, but with atleast 6 power supply pins i.e I must be able to connect 5HDD + 1DVD Writer.

Cabinet : iBall Gamer

DVD Writer : Sony / LG

If you feel that you have better configuration for me then feel free to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom