Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Its either this - *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=676&l4=0&model=2181&modelmenu=1
or *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=676&l4=0&model=2181&modelmenu=1

Shantanu, Rather get a Gigabyte 780G and a Ati 4850.

hey guys , i am getting a ASUS M3N-78 EMX HDMI motherboard for phenom platform(actually that is what i am getting with local dealers ) :D , they quoted me 5800/- tax paid, but i cannot find the board on ASUS Website ? what should i do ? its GF8200 chipset :( ! and i am goona use a 9600GT on it :) any suggestions ?
I think its overprised. :(
GF8200 is supposed to be around 3.6K and 780G around 4.5K. All plus tax. :|

shantanu

Technomancer
hmm ! i have checked some online stores that quote me near about the same price on other brands like Zotac :| very weird, never heard its name, my current M2N-32SLi is giving me problems :( ,Gautham , u sure :O , if its like that, what should i do ?

Pathik

Google Bot
Zotac is a decent brand. You ll get the Zotac 8200 for 3.4k and 8300 for 4.2k.
But 780G would be the best option.

hmm ! i have checked some online stores that quote me near about the same price on other brands like Zotac :| very weird, never heard its name, my current M2N-32SLi is giving me problems :( ,Gautham , u sure :O , if its like that, what should i do ?
I think you need to visit a computer mega road like Lammington Road to get the best accurate prices (be prapered to waste atleast 5 hours roaming in the heat without a hotel nearby the way I did in SP Road :twisted:).

BTW, see if any of the following are available:

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=639&l4=0&model=2129&modelmenu=1
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=639&l4=0&model=2270&modelmenu=1
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=639&l4=0&model=2252&modelmenu=1

and find their price too.

oh yes, those were AMD chipsets. For nVidia, check:

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=643
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=676(with GeForce 8300 instead of 8200)

and ensure that the model you buy has Express Gate, or atleast Express Gate Lite.

hope you have a happy time shopping. :)

Zotac is a decent brand. You ll get the Zotac 8200 for 3.4k and 8300 for 4.2k.
But 780G would be the best option.
wait a sec, doesn't he have 9600GT already ? So shouldn't nVidia be a better option since he needs to install only ONE DRIVER ?

And whats the price of Zotac 780G ? :confused:

Last edited:

Quest

Right off the assembly line
I have finally zeroed in on the following config for my upgrade.all prices are approx.as the dealer had quoted 2 days ago in mumbai.I want the pc for hardcore overclocking nd casual gaming(cricket series,pro evolution soccerseries nd ps2 emulation for smackdown vs raw series)

Intel E8400 - 8k
Abit IP35-e -5k
WD 640GB -4.2k
1GB DDR3 1333MHz -2.2k
Palit 9600GSO 384MB -6k

Total=25.4k

My budget is 29-30k.i also want to fit in a cabinet+PSU+keyboard-mouse+webcam+DVD writer(Cabinet+PSU must have)

Following are my doubts

1.Will i get ip35-e with the latest bios coz the older bios has some issues with dual-boot.but that's 4mnths ago.

2.Can i get 750GB for 5k or atleast fit it in some way

3.Should i go for DDR3 or 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz.who'll perform better?

4.Should the PSU be 500 or 600W.

5.Should i install 64bit versions of windows for any performance gain.

tomorrow's the day.plz for all the years with digit and this forum plzz guyz do reply

As of now it is better to go for DDR2. DDR3 is way too costly for the marginal increase of performance. Go for 64 bit OS if you like have more than 4gb of Ram beacuse with 32-bit OS the system can utilize only upto 3gb or so

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
which brand to go for
=> DVD writer
=> 250GB HDD
=> Keyboard + mouse combo

how much will a 19" widescreen monitor cost?
prefered brand = DELL, thanks to epp:p

hmm ! thanks gautham , got me good choices :D i think i can now decide :D
not yet... you still haven't told if you mind installing 2 drivers, one for nVidia and one for ATi.
And do you want Express Gate or not ?

Because if your needs are simple, like pathik said, Zotac 8200 kafi hai and you save 2K compared to ASUS Express Gate 780G.

If ASUS GF8200 is cheap and has express gate, buy it blindly :D

For all those readers who don't know what Express Gate is:

Express Gate is a rebranded version of SplashTop OS found within the ASUS higher end motherboards. SplashTop is an an instant boot OS, located right inside ROM in the motherboard, and it runs on Linux. It boots in just about 5 seconds, and you can choose from a menu weather you want to access the music player, skype, firefox, and some other common apps which are preloaded instantly, or you just want to boot into the main OS. This is currently available only in ASUS motherboards, rebranded as Express Gate, due to which ASUS gets another reason to be bought even if it might be around Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 more than other brands.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah just got my eye on ASUS M3N78-EMH-HDMI : it has the Express gate i think :) and i am gonna go for Nvidia only :( , as i know it gets cluttered when you use Ati and Nvidia together :D , i have bad experiences in past lol ...

so the board above has many great features and its not MATX thats even better :D

is using 9600GT ok on this ?

yeah just got my eye on ASUS M3N78-EMH-HDMI : it has the Express gate i think :) and i am gonna go for Nvidia only :( , as i know it gets cluttered when you use Ati and Nvidia together :D , i have bad experiences in past lol ...

so the board above has many great features and its not MATX thats even better :D

is using 9600GT ok on this ?
Sweet. Did you sweat a lot on Lamington Road or you got it instantly ? For how much ?

You should try some other card. 9600GT just doesn't make the cut. Its much much better to go for either 9600GSO or HD4850, which are much more appropriately priced.

And don't get the board till you are sure that you have decided on the card. Because if you switch to ATi in the last minute for the card, nVidia mobo will screw you up big time. :D

And I think going for a total spider platform (amd aur ati) is indeed worth it. HD4850 with 55nm fab is more overclockable, and 780G with again 55nm fab (and lower power consuption) and better performance is a better choice.
^^ 9600gt Way too expensive right now. Just wait for a price cut or go for 4850
+1
:( i already ordered one :(
cancel it if possible. :|

shantanu

Technomancer
:D lol the i cancelled both board and GFX i am going for 780G and Ati 4850 just got the appropriate prcing..

motherboard : ASUS M3A series with 780G chipset == 5.3k
Gfx card : ati 4850 == 9.7k ( this one i think is pretty worth) :D

i lost my full day today at computer Mall man.. :D

anymore suggestion ? as i have hold the order today :)

spy king

Broken In
Hello all!!
Been going through this thread with great interest.. so though I would join and post a few questions of my own :)

I have two PC's
One's a P4 3.0ghz based system and the other an old Celeron based system..

I would like to upgrade only the CPU(mobo/procy/ram) for them..

I need one system for mild photoshop/indesign work and the other for general net/movies/light games..
But here's the catch.. I'm on a budget of about 10-15K(for both :( )
and if the budget allows would like to add a DVD drive and HDD for one system..
what would you guru's suggest?? Is it going to be possible??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom