Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you arent in terested in OCing, then you should go for an AMD setup. Go for a Phenom X3 8450 + Gigabyte 780G. And later on get a 4850 when it releases.
+1
3200 will stay long enough.
Kolkata dealers are claiming to Sapphire HD 4850 @ Rs. 9900/- + VAT :confused: however I am unable t check the authenticity as I have not yet come across any one buying one :lol:
next thing I know, it will rain in underpants :lol:
Yes but also NO...

See those huge speakers doesnt have their own audio signal amplifier, hence u cant directly plug them in ur PC audio out...

To use them u have to 1st take the PC audio input to a Audio amplifier, for exampl the Audio Player with which u have got these speaker would have an amplifier :) now that device would send amplified the signal to the BOX to play properly :)
I heard you can buy an external amp...
Can you show a diagram or something like that?

also, i hope this method is safe, i don't want to end up with a b0rked mobo:D
it won't break the mobo unless you place the speakers over the mobo.:rolleyes:
Choto, wats the price of the x3 8450 there?
I think AMD should make a strong comeback now due to low pricing, hybrid gfx and its new gpus.
I am damn sure it will happen.

forever

filth is me
If you arent in terested in OCing, then you should go for an AMD setup. Go for a Phenom X3 8450 + Gigabyte 780G. And later on get a 4850 when it releases.

Hi pathik. Ill be sticking with a core 2 duo. If you could suggest a decent mobo for my non oc purposes then id be grateful, thnx! :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Pathik

AMD Phenom X3 8450 is Rs. 5500/- + TAX

@MetalheadGautham

The Card (ATi HD 4850) is in stock, that I have seen but the place isnot my usual deader, so doubt is they may ask to buy a completelly PC in which they would offer the card in Rs. 9900/- + VAT and would keep profit by increasing any other hardware price...

but its certain the HD 4850 is not going to be over 11.5k in the competetive market at any point :p

thats why wrote cant tell the exact price unless some one I know buy one :lol:

Can you show a diagram or something like that?

here is a rough work

*img503.imageshack.us/img503/4135/46591122mg5.jpg

Last edited:

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I seriously recommend you NOT to buy 9600GT. It is just not priced right. Get either 9600GSO for 6.3K, or an 8800GT for 10.5k.

Yes, prices are going to fall in a month because AMD is launching HD4870 and HD4850 GPUs. So 8800GT may go below 10k. Then again, the HD48x0 GPUs will affect only the 10k range, so lower ones would not be affected. This means 9600GT and 8800GT are the main affected. So I recommend you get a 9600GSO since I doubt it can be affected by this AMD launch and its also good enough to play any game today at moderate to high settings.

Prices of E7200 will fall when demand for it subsides and the supply demand ratio becomes more even, or more favorable towards supply (I am an economics n00b, but I guess I am right this time). This will take a LOOONG time I fear since everyone is running after E7200 for a budget overclocked gaming rig. Instead of 6k for E7200, its better to get E4600 for 4.2k which is common and performs almost as good. Its sadly the only option for now since its still flooding the markets.

Or, if you want to do stuff like 64 bit visualization and much better multi tasking along with faster memory performance at the cost of lesser per core power which is negligible unless you want to do nothing but game, get AMD Phenom X3 8450/8750 and Gigabit 780G. The advantage here is that you get uber cool onboard graphics which will hold on till 4850 becomes cheap, and that you get more motherboard features like eSATA, etc which are not there in ABit IP35-E. Also, it has hybrid crossfire graphics option, and if you buy HD3650, HD3550 or HD3450 gfx card, or some yet to be named card from HD4xxx series, you can use the onboard card and the external card together in crossfire and the external card will be on ONLY if its power is required. Meaning power saving.
Thank you for ur views. As u r saying that it will take a long time before the prices fall and i can't wait that long because i have to upgrade my pc before the end of July because i have free time. After that my college will start and i will get stuck again.
The sole purpose i am upgrading my pc because i want to play games at high quality.
So as u r saying go with the AMD Phenom if i want to game. But it will go out of my budget.
I have a budget of 25k.
Just tell me the different parts with which i can upgrade in this pc. Please make sure that as i'll buy the parts from *www.theitwares.com , so suggest the parts accordingly, as the parts are not available in my city. So give me ur final decision. I will be really grateful to you. Thank You. :)

I just saw Palit HD4850 at 11,500 at itwares.com. So.. does that make a difference?

Last edited:

anshulkumar

Right off the assembly line
HI!!
I am Planning to build a new PC but i m little bit confussesd with processor , motherboard, and ram. i m 3D designer and animator i want to build a system according to animation n fast rendeing so plz suggest me wat config i should bye..

subodhpatil

Broken In
Hello,

I want to bu new PC on next friday 11/07/20008
Please help me

My main requirements are working with Visual studio 2008, Playing games, home entertainment, working with office 2007. The high performance is must. The budget is less than 70,000. It’s ok if it goes 10-15 thousand more.
I have decided the configuration as below. Please provide your view.

Processor.
(Any one of the following)
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9775
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9770
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9650
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6850
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6800
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6700
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9450
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9300
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6700
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600

Mother board
I would like to go with high end Asus mother board.
I prefer ASUS Striker Edition
But a good board in range of 15000+/- will do.

Even a DDR3 1333Mhz will do as it costs Rs.4000/GB.
But please suggest compatible one with my board.

Hard disk 500 GB Seagate

Graphics card:
Currently I want to by only single card with latest GEforce chipset and around 512+ MB memory.
Please suggest

Monitor.
22” Samsung LCD Monitor
(Don’t want to go with Dell as they have glossy panels )
Please suggest.

Power supply (Cooler Master or Tagan)
I think 600W or 800W is enough.
Please suggest

Cabinet. Don’t want to spend too much.
Still cooling is important.

Speakers. Required 5.1 Decent one.
Logitech is my preference. Cost should be less than Rs. 10,000/-

Keyboard Mouse: Any basic cordless from Logitech or Microsoft.

Printer/Scanner.
The printer will be used for 10-15 Continuous days. Will stay off for next 1 month.
I would prefer MFD without FAX and with less cost.

DVD Writer with Light Scribe

Please provide cost, brand and model name for each component.

Thank you for ur views. As u r saying that it will take a long time before the prices fall and i can't wait that long because i have to upgrade my pc before the end of July because i have free time. After that my college will start and i will get stuck again.
The sole purpose i am upgrading my pc because i want to play games at high quality.
So as u r saying go with the AMD Phenom if i want to game. But it will go out of my budget.
I have a budget of 25k.
Just tell me the different parts with which i can upgrade in this pc. Please make sure that as i'll buy the parts from *www.theitwares.com , so suggest the parts accordingly, as the parts are not available in my city. So give me ur final decision. I will be really grateful to you. Thank You. :)

I just saw Palit HD4850 at 11,500 at itwares.com. So.. does that make a difference?
well, phenom is for uber multitasking and 64bit virtualisation, along with running 3core supporting games. But for exclusive gaming, I say ditch phenom and stick with E7200. Its good that you are buying from theitwares.com. It would only make things a hell lot easier for both me and you.

Get Palit HD4850, E7200 and And Abit IP35-E in that case.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Made a Trip to Computer Market.
Lots of surprises & disappointments

-->
Dealers have no clue about the products they sell,example he made me a sample configuration; for them is CPU is C2D, no model number, no FSB or Cache details available. same for Mobo, they sell Mobotherboard Telling "Intel Original". WTH! is Intel Original.
i pushed him hard,so he called Intel's Distributer so i got to know CPU was E4600 & mobo was DG31PR or D945GCPE.even the disto was not sure, Damn you :no:
E7200,E8200 & E8400 are not available, after 4600 they have Quads. need to check in few more shops.

-->
He is pushing me hard to buy Zion/Hynix Ram, can says Kingston is cr@p. when i asked about transcend is said Hynix is the best ram in the world lol

-->On Asking about AMD procy, surprisingly he had the whole Range right from 4200 to X3 & X4 ready stock;) . but he was bundling with with some Asus Mobo costing 2200/- bucks, no details on that were available:no:

--> When i asked About 7200 and if he can arrange it, he said its out of stock and does not know when it would be available

--> Graphics is of Sparkle 8600GT for 4.5k

what is the performance of this X3 & X4 comparing to Intel 7200?

Night-Rider

Journeyman
well, phenom is for uber multitasking and 64bit virtualisation, along with running 3core supporting games. But for exclusive gaming, I say ditch phenom and stick with E7200. Its good that you are buying from theitwares.com. It would only make things a hell lot easier for both me and you.

Get Palit HD4850, E7200 and And Abit IP35-E in that case.
How would it make things easier for you?:confused: But getting HD4850 is out of my budget. I have a budget of 25k only. It doesn't matter if its above 200 or so. Hope u understand. ;)

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
@Choto Cheeta,

Im curious to know what ur thoughts are about the life expectancy question i & MetalheadGautham posted.

advance congrats on your 6000+posts on the forums

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
does Abit IP35E has onboard video or not?

Sorry Sir, it comes with P35 chipset which doesnt have any onboard solution, one must think for at-least a 8400 GS which is Rs. 1800/- :)

WideScreen said:
Im curious to know what ur thoughts are about the life expectancy question i & MetalheadGautham posted.

I am sorry may be I have missed it !! can you please copy paste it again :), I would be really greatful..

WideScreen said:
advance congrats on your 6000+posts on the forums

hmm.. better slow down, shall i ??

anyway, doesnt post count has any meaning ? I mean I would really hate the fact as some one know me as an user who has 6k post... I would love to be known as an user who loves to share even with post count 10 or 12 :)

subodhpatil said:
My main requirements are working with Visual studio 2008, Playing games, home entertainment, working with office 2007. The high performance is must. The budget is less than 70,000. It’s ok if it goes 10-15 thousand more.
I have decided the configuration as below. Please provide your view.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ Rs. 13000 /- + VAT
MSI P45 Platinum @ Rs. 10200 /- + VAT
Ati HD 4850 @ 512MB @ Rs. 11000 /- + VAT
2x2 (4 GB) DDR-II 800 MHz (Corsire Value RAM) @ Rs. 5500 /- + VAT
320 GB SATA-II 32 MB Buffer @ Rs. 2800 /- + VAT
DVD RW (IDE - Any brand) @ Rs. 1100 /- + VAT
Cooler Master 620 Watts eXtreme Power @ Rs. 3200 /- + VAT
Microsoft / Logitech combo @ Rs. 650 /- + VAT
LG / View Sonic / Dell 22" WideScreen HD TFT @ Rs. 16000 /- + VAT
Creaive T6060 / Logitech 5.1 @ Rs. 4200 /- + VAT
APC 650 VA @ Rs. 2800 /- + VAT

TAX @ 4% 2818 /-
Total Rs. 73268 /-

Though you wish to go for DDR-III however I feel over all this system under your budget would be the best, however if you have to go for DDR3 then replace the Mobo with ASUS P5K-C and rams with DDR3, but DDR3 with their price are still not value for money where as P45 with HD 4850 would certainly give you really better exp :D

Last edited:

prakum

Broken In
Sorry Sir, it comes with P35 chipset which doesnt have any onboard solution, one must think for at-least a 8400 GS which is Rs. 1800/-

sir, any other good mobo which has good onboard video? mobo shud be good easily available in market.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sir, any other good mobo which has good onboard video? mobo shud be good easily available in market.

It issome what subjective question, can you please state your budget and need for the board, meaning what you would use it for ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom