Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
ok.. P5N32E SLi offers Sli in 16x mode.it has a good audio-supreme FX and its a stable board. P7N sli platinum is also very stable and offers PCI 2.0 and Sli in 8x which decreases its Sli performance from 780i by around 5% ..and its overall performance is almost as 780i..P5N32E sli (680i) is nowhere near.P7n has great Value for money and if you check MSI's homepage the board won great awards.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Arun the Gr8 said:
well this is very cool Mr. Cheetah, but isnt it a bit outdated. nvidia 9600 gt and new quads have released... i think its time for some updates.

Yes Sir, as soon as I get some time off to compile the guide again will update :)

@Fahd.Malik

Purpose: 24 hour web browsing/torrent download, 1-2 hours of gaming, photoshop CS 3, audio/video conversion(not much), MS office 2007, Vista compatible, Movies and songs. And should be good for next 3-4 years.

please mention your budget !!!!

as without that its hard to compile a config :(

thank you :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Choto any suggestion for me regarding the card and the motherboard...

PCI-E 2.0 would be nice :lol: so P5N-D is a choice, which is yet to come... if no SLi then ABiT IX38 QuadGT which is Rs. 11600/- + TAX and available in Kolkata :D

to my money 8800 GT PCI-E 2.0 would be fine :D also look for Readon HD 3850 which retails around Rs. 12k in Kolkata !!! see if you can take price of that :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude I think you've mistaken. IP35 Pro doesn't support PCI-e 2.0

Good point. Please someone answer this.

Does anyone know current price of P5N32-E SLI at Pune ? Hows it for overclocking ?

S**t. copied to the wrong place!
Thanks for pointing out!

Tirupati Enterprises has A-bit.
Checked with Anil @ Tirupati's New Delhi branch.
SO warranty won't be an issue.

*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2104

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
PCI-E 2.0 would be nice :lol: so P5N-D is a choice, which is yet to come... if no SLi then ABiT IX38 QuadGT which is Rs. 11600/- + TAX and available in Kolkata :D

to my money 8800 GT PCI-E 2.0 would be fine :D also look for Readon HD 3850 which retails around Rs. 12k in Kolkata !!! see if you can take price of that :)

Is IX38 QuadGT compatible with the new processors coming ...

and performance vise how much memmory should i get in the graphic card... 512MB or 1GB... and which company... MSI... XFX or ASUS...

and i have heard that GTS is more powerful than GT... is that true...

sagardani

Lost in LOST
ok.. P5N32E SLi offers Sli in 16x mode.it has a good audio-supreme FX and its a stable board. P7N sli platinum is also very stable and offers PCI 2.0 and Sli in 8x which decreases its Sli performance from 780i by around 5% ..and its overall performance is almost as 780i..P5N32E sli (680i) is nowhere near.P7n has great Value for money and if you check MSI's homepage the board won great awards.

Yea I agree P7N has great value for money... But MSI is offering this nice, feature rich product at comparatively low cost... Don't you think there may be some compromise in build quality or in anything ? I hope not but its just the doubt came in my mind...

Again want to confirm- Can I use HD TFT screen without having gfx card ??

Please someone quote its latest price...

Last edited:

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
@ choto cheeta

Hi
my budget is 25k and i want to buy
1) CPU( E6550/E6750)
2) Mobo( a good one which is future proof/ overclockable)
3) Ram(1GB for time being)
4) Hdd( 160GB)
5) Cabby + psu(if the one given with cabby is not sufficient)
6) DVDWR cheapest as all are fearly same.

Will buy GPU later maybe 2-3 months after the purchase of the config above. Will a system without GPU play movies and will be XP compatible?

If its fine for you then plz enlighten me on the doubts i have in my previous post.

thnx

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Is IX38 QuadGT compatible with the new processors coming ...

and performance vise how much memmory should i get in the graphic card... 512MB or 1GB... and which company... MSI... XFX or ASUS...

and i have heard that GTS is more powerful than GT... is that true...

If "new processor" means the 1600FSB processors? then "YES" Chech its specs here

512Mb is good but if u can afford 1GB video memory, then its the best!
Like its said: Bigger is better!

Yes GTS is more powerful than GT but only the G92 core as in 8800GTS 512MB....not the 320MB or 640MB version.

8800 GTS comes in many flavors.
The older ones were 640Mb and 320MB (G80 based) models which performs lower than 8800 GT.
But the newer one (G92) is a great card and it even performs similar to the 768 MB 8800GTX edition.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
So if i say i want to buy one card which will be best to get and of what memory size and brand... and what will be the approximate cost

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
So if i say i want to buy one card which will be best to get and of what memory size and brand... and what will be the approximate cost

The best card on the block is ATi HD3870X2 features 1GB Memory.
There are many brands available like POWER COLOR, SAPPHIRE, MSI, GE-CUBE etc.

Cost is around 22K!

P7N has it or not ? (doesn't seem but):( :( :(

Dude all SLI motherboards don't have onboard video so as
P7N SLI Platinum. U gotta have a graphics card to have a display. But most of the graphics card manufacturers provide either HDMI port or DVI to HDMI dongle ( u have to check it before u buy) like XFX provide dongle and PALIT has onboard HDMI port.

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
but as i read a lot of forums on 3d... it creates a lot of problem with 3D max and softimage... so i cannot take risk takking a ATI card... i can only choose from Geforce...

psmontte

Broken In
Pls. recommend a low cost MB (for E4500) with 1) average overclocking capability 2) on board graphics 3) DVI output 4) Dual Channel Support. Preferably ASUS,GIGABYTE, JETWAY and in that order.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Means can't I even connect a simple CRT screen ?
all boards above 5k don't have a monitor out
and that board is priced very well bcoz 1.it does not support tri sli and
2.its 8x Sli 3.no dual lan and wifi

the board costs around 9600 rupees.u can contact MSI india for that.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Ohh... So I must have gfx card.. Budget increased :( :(

By the way... Doesn't even 1 motherboard in 5k-10k support monitor out ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom