Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
the prices on that webpage are not updated since one month.expect a little decrease.like 500rupees or so.

Intel S975XBX2 @ 9600 --
this is outdated.no future options

XFX nForce 680i-LTSLI @ 10150 --good board if u plan to use 2gfx cards.quite stable

ABit IP35 Pro @ 9500 -- great board,great overclocking and very stable

P5KC -- future proof.got both ddr2 and ddr3 compatibility.good overclocking
the only trouble is vista installation on some boards (with older bios) - not quite an issue though.latest bios or my own tutorial on how to install vista on this board solves it.also newer lot does not have any issues..i'd recommend this board..

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 @ 9400--this is also outdated.no use buying this or Intel badaxe 2.
just make sure that you get only good company rams and not those local ones otherwise some of these boards will give errors or freeze-ups

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
My 100% vote for A-bit IP-35 Pro! Excellent performance and u can ask DARKLORD about its performance.

Check out for nForce 750i chipset options too!

sagardani

Lost in LOST
XFX nForce 680i-LTSLI @ 10150 --good board if u plan to use 2gfx cards.quite stable

ABit IP35 Pro @ 9500 -- great board,great overclocking and very stable

P5KC -- future proof.got both ddr2 and ddr3 compatibility.good overclocking
the only trouble is vista installation on some boards (with older bios) - not quite an issue though.latest bios or my own tutorial on how to install vista on this board solves it. also newer lot does not have any issues..i'd recommend this board..

just make sure that you get only good company rams and not those local ones otherwise some of these boards will give errors or freeze-ups

Then Intel and Gigabyte are out of question. OK so you recommend P5KC over IP35 Pro and nForce 680i ? Only because its DDR3 compatible ? Why are you NOT for those others? What about P5Kv ?

keith_j_snyder2 says: to check nForce750i chipset... Is it available? I think it will be expensive than P5KC, 680i and IP35 Pro... Please share your information/knowledge about this.

And about Vista compatibility, which of the mentioned boards have older bios?

My 100% vote for A-bit IP-35 Pro! Excellent performance and u can ask DARKLORD about its performance.

Check out for nForce 750i chipset options too!

Hey dude... I could only find XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLI on xfxforce.com
Where is 750i ??? And I guess 780i won't fit into my budget.

How much 750i and 780i will cost?

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
750i is available from MSI at this moment.its not a good choice to make.IP35 Pro is better than 750i
XFX\EVGA 780i costs 14.5k but no local warranty is available
P5k-c performs a little less than IP-35 pro,but ddr3 makes it future proof if u plan to upgrade later this year/next year because ddr3 prices are falling..otherwise go with IP35pro.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ajayashish

Will see if I can digg any info on P5N32-E SLi :lol: as I was definatelly quoted Rs. 10800/- + TAX for that board which you didnt find :p, also P5N-D :D...

See performance wise its IP35-Pro :D how ever that will not allow SLI which you are looking for :(

and you do not need to order from Bombay :p usually it takes time to find but you find them in Kolkata :lol:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i enquired in Vedant, supreme, technocrat and some other shops as well... personally i have good terms with Ranbir in Vedant and he said that he can arrange that for me but then again he will order that from Bombay... please see if u can find one for me...

also... as of now i am willing to take one Graphic card... so will u prefer me to take 512MB or 1gb .. and 8800 GT or 8800GTS...

Also is Abit p35 pro supports the new processor as u said p5N will support...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@nish_higher

DDR3 vs PCI- 2.0 :p which one would you choose ?? :lol:

ASUS P5N-D in expected to be around the price of IP35-Pro :lol:

well IP3pro does not support PCI-e 2.0
and P5N-D is yet to be reviewed but a similar board MSI P7N Sli platinum review says-
based on what we've seen so far, NVIDIA has dropped the ball with the 700i series refresh. Barring SLI support (which is monopolized by NVIDIA anyway), it features no additional value to compete in the current Intel chipset market.

Source-
*www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2474&cid=6&pg=8

And most of gfx card buyers won't prefer 9series and stick to 8 series.
That makes Ddr3 a better choice over PCI 2.0 as per the budget ;)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Also is Abit p35 pro supports the new processor as u said p5N will support...

Yes, ABiT IP35-Pro will support 45nm Q9450 but P5N-D is a better option for you with support for PCI-E 2.0 :D as the card you will buy the new 8800 GT would come with PCI-E 2.0 interface :D so running it on a PCI-E 1.1 would be foolish :(

well IP3pro does not support PCI-e 2.0
and P5N-D is yet to be reviewed but a similar board MSI P7N Sli platinum review says-

I know thats why I offered you a choice :p I have a IP35-Pro :lol:

And most of gfx card buyers won't prefer 9series and stick to 8 series.
That makes Ddr3 a better choice over PCI 2.0 as per the budget

8800 GT will comes with 2.0 Interface, ATi HD 3x50 cards too :D

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
hmm.. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gifgood point there

but dont recommend XFX 8800 alpha dog to anyone.it has heating issues *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/26.gif

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Do u know what is the price of P5N-D and is this available in Kolkata...

Also does this supports DDR2 or only DDR3...

also which card to buy GT or GTS and 512 or 1gb.. or 2 GT

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@nish_higher

*xtreview.com/review217.htm

really not much of a difference between DDR3 performance and DDR2 performance !!! only advantage that DDR3 would have is the trend to go with DDR-III for lower price and the word New Tech :( which makes me wonder why would you go with DDR3 where PCI-E 2.0 does offer a real high jump on performance !!!!

P5N-D is only DDR-II :)

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Date of that review-Posted:2007-08-21 By memory review :|

well if i remember correctly,just a month or two ago,toms hadware (or some other hw forum) reviewed the same for gaming using DDr3 1066 and 1333 and DDr2 800 and 1066. there was some good difference. and as you know DDR3 prices will fall this year and DDR2 will be obsolete.so the best board will be the one with both DDR3 and PCI 2.0 :D

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
So Choto Do u suggest me to go with P5N-D or keep on searching P5N32E SLI...
I read some reviews in P5N-D and there is a problem with the placement of IDE... they say cables are not so large to connect to the CD roms... i already have a CD writer which is pata..

Also any thoughts on the graphic cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom