Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i dont want either mobo's . just replying to the other guy's query. personally , i dont like the xfx 630i coz of its lack for dual channel support. . .

sagardani

Lost in LOST
u should get a cheapo 7300le,gs or 6200 series card and a DVI to HDMI dongle.

Thanks.:) Have some questions-

1) Does that mean gfx card comes with DVI input and monitor comes with HDMI output ?
Or the vice-versa ?

2) Using that dongle won't degrade image quality ?

3) How much dongle costs ?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^ is XFX 780i officially available in india?

u can read the review here but since i've tried the board myself there's nothing beyond some new features-the board is not an awesome performer but yea its better than 680i.its better to wait for some 790i with DDR3
but you shoud just buy a P5N32E sli

*www.legitreviews.com/article/616/1/

Asus has stopped the supply of P5N32E and that was always my first choice... and i like 790ibut the problem is it supports only DDR3 which will be a pain in my pockets... i will be buying 4GB of ram and DDR3 will drain my complete budget on the ram only...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Thanks.:) Have some questions-

1) Does that mean gfx card comes with DVI input and monitor comes with HDMI output ?
Or the vice-versa ?

2) Using that dongle won't degrade image quality ?

3) How much dongle costs ?

1.gfx card= hdmi out-either via a dongle or the port available on some Ati cards
monitor=DVI / HDMI input (not every monitor though)

2.no dongle does not afect quality.
3.it wont cost much.around 200

@ ajayashish
if its production is stopped dont buy that board even if its available.i think all 680i boards would be outdated soon enough except for the highest end.consider buying a P7N Sli platinum or wait till prices of DD3 and compatible mobos fall-its gonna happen even if DDR3 is no big improvement

Ranjya

Broken In
I wish to pair a E2160 with a mobo.
What is better
IP35-e
Intel DG33-TL
both cost around 6000-6500 here in Pune.
With so much hype surrounding IP35-E is it that good ?;-)

axxo

99.9% Idle
i dont want either mobo's . just replying to the other guy's query. personally , i dont like the xfx 630i coz of its lack for dual channel support. . .

mate....you wont get xfs 650i/630i based chipset mobos...you may get this one..i think i have seen this @ delta peripherals.

*www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2689

Also they may not understand if you ask for 630i chipset..mention that you want to buy nvidia 7150/7050 onboard video mobo...
Note 7050 comes with 610i chipset

....was about to quote this guy sivarap ...both id starts with s so quoted wrongly..
& yes anyday you cant compare budget mobo with performance mobo..around 3K you are getting what you should get for that price tag..

blacklight

Journeyman
hi, i'm looking for a cheap VFM upgrade for my friend,
his typical usage would be browsing,MS office applications and the new config should be able to run vista (future proof ) .
i would suggest the following config
proccy:C2D E4500
m/b :XFX 630i 7150
RAM :2 GB X 1 (Since m/b does not support dual channel )
HDD: Seagate 160 GB SATA
Monitor :Samsung 15" TFT
Rest of the components will be salvaged from existing setup
your comments on this please :)

sagardani

Lost in LOST
1.gfx card= hdmi out-either via a dongle or the port available on some Ati cards
monitor=DVI / HDMI input (not every monitor though)

2.no dongle does not afect quality.
3.it wont cost much.around 200

Thanks... Can you suggest some best possible gfx card around 5k for HD movies purpose ?

What about Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3650 ? I guess its around 5000.../ Seems having great features.... Specially want for HD purpose but having medium features and good value for money... (sometimes I play games, though not much)

BTW nVidia or ATI... Which is better and having good vfm ?

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
mate....you wont get xfs 650i/630i based chipset mobos...you may get this one..i think i have seen this @ delta peripherals.

*www.giga-byte.com/Products/Mo...ProductID=2689

Also they may not understand if you ask for 630i chipset..mention that you want to buy nvidia 7150/7050 onboard video mobo...
Note 7050 comes with 610i chipset

Seems good to me....as good as xfs one..... but no dual channel again rite? any more comments guys?

is there a dealer for XFX 630i in bangalore?

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Thanks... Can you suggest some best possible gfx card around 5k for HD movies purpose ?

What about Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3650 ? I guess its around 5000.../ Seems having great features.... Specially want for HD purpose but having medium features and good value for money... (sometimes I play games, though not much)

well for that purpose and all i'd suggest ATI 3650 and yea it performs good.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I am using Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 right now in my system. It works flawless, I sometimes get jerks in UT 3 which I was able to fix by manually editing the UTengine.ini but other then that...for light gaming purpose this gfx card rox & is very cool in temperature.

Right now, ATI.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
well for that purpose and all i'd suggest ATI 3650 and yea it performs good.

I am using Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 right now in my system. It works flawless, I sometimes get jerks in UT 3 which I was able to fix by manually editing the UTengine.ini but other then that...for light gaming purpose this gfx card rox & is very cool in temperature.

Right now, ATI.

Thanks buddies...

Hey gx_saurav, I hardly play games... Right now I want to watch HD films.. Just for that purpose and mobo doesn't come up with DvI out thats why I want gfx card... So I think this card will be more than best considering my needs and budget... BTW how much did you pay for it ? (Don't mind:rolleyes: , just want to know latest price)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I paid Rs 5,000 for it. Aditya Infotech is the distributer & I got a replacement warrenty of 3 years.

Trust me, if you are more into general computing then this card will hold for next 4 years easily. My old FX 5900XT was able to stay with me for 4 years, even running Vista fine, then I sold it.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
I paid Rs 5,000 for it. Aditya Infotech is the distributer & I got a replacement warrenty of 3 years.

Trust me, if you are more into general computing then this card will hold for next 4 years easily. My old FX 5900XT was able to stay with me for 4 years, even running Vista fine, then I sold it.

Rs. 5000/- is great value for money man... I just want to use for HD movies. Not much game and graphics applications right now...

Just have a childish doubt:D... SLI is a brand name for a multi-GPU solution developed by Nvidia right ? So can two Ati Radeon cards be connected ?

Last edited:

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Ohh got it nish_higher you cleared it. Im not keeping this card forever. Im gonna buy GeForce 8 or higher series mid next year or so (till then 9 will be available I guess).. So for about next 1 to 1.5 years Im gonna keep ATi card..

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
IP35 Pro / P5K-C
don't consider crossfire board if u r sure to dump that card later.
if not, its better to get P5K-c with a cheap DDR2 ram (value series) and later DDR3 when prices fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom