Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
Re: CPU and MOBO suggestions please.

^^^ apc 800va will be way above his budget.its better to buy a apc 650va ups.

@kantiman for the mobo get a Asus P5N-E Sli.proccy is good but if u hav more cash then go for a C2Q Q6600.ram is dirt cheap now.so if u can then get 4GB.also buy a 320GB hdd instead of 250Gb cuz 320Gb costs only 300-400 bucks xtra.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
P5K-C hold good potential and a value for ur buck. But as choota cheeta said in his thread that it supports X-fire and i have checked it on ASUS website which means low nVidia performance. So i 'de suggest P5N-E SLI.

Infact i suggest for nVidia chipset only because they have a good support of ATi card too ( seen in lot of benchmarks that they are using nVidia board for both ATi and nVidia cards to benchmark).

Since P5NE-SLI is nVidia 650i chipset, its a great deal but u can also go for XFX 680i - LT which is also a good motherboard....slightly costlier than P5K-C!

prunthaban

Broken In
Then we have two questions now,

XFX 650i Ulta Vs ASUS P5N-E SLI? (which one is better?)

XFX 680i LTI Vs ASUS P5N-E 32 SLI? (which one is better?)

In both cases mentioned above ASUS is 2K costlier than the XFX ones.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
XFX 650i Ulta Vs ASUS P5N-E SLI? (which one is better?)

ASUS one is better as its more suitable for higher OverClocking, like for example under XFX u cant set Memory Voltage over 2.1v where in P5N-E SLi u can go byond that :)

but in most cases you wont need the features which are not present in XFX but in ASUS to me that extra 2k invest is not a good idea :lol:

XFX 680i LTI Vs ASUS P5N-E 32 SLI? (which one is better?)

Hardware testing sites review shows better performance with XFX but I would say they are neck and neck... just personal choice I am more suiteble to ASUS becuase of their reliability :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Choto Cheeta said:
Hardware testing sites review shows better performance with XFX but I would say they are neck and neck... just personal choice I am more suiteble to ASUS becuase of their reliability :)

No they are not the same!
P5N32E-SLI is 680i whereas XFX 680i-LT is Light edition of 680i which not that much overclocker as P5N32E-SLI.

P5N32E-SLI is almost same as striker extreme and also it runs on X16+X16 channel for SLI whereas XFX 680i LT run on X8+X8!

P5N 32 E - SLI is much better than XFX one!

prunthaban

Broken In
keith_j_snyder2 said:
P5N 32 E - SLI is much better than XFX one!
Is this a personal opinion or based on benchmarks?
I am going to buy a pc this weekend (alreasy posted config in this thread earlier) and I am in a big dilemma which one to choose, either P5N-E SLI or XFX 650i Ultra?

I am confused. Remember I have no plans of going for dual graphics cards. So even if I buy SLI, one slot will go waste. My question is under this condition, is it still better to but SLI? In fact I am ready to but P5N-E 32 SLI too provided 'IT PERFORMS GOOD WITHOUT CONSIDERING SLI'

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Just for info : ASUS M2N MX SE Mobo has ZERO options for OC.

I read some articles of OCing and went to check on my Mobo Biios and bam. Nothing there :D

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude i am giving u the following link which also confuses me abut the chipset of the P5N32ESLI!
The ASUS site says that the motherboard is 680i chipset but neoseeker says that the motherboard is 650i.
PLEASE CHECK THAT UR MOTHERBOARD SHOULD BE 680i NOT 650i!

*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1459&l1=3&l2=11&l3=397&l4=0
*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asus-p5n32e-sli/

There's a difference between P5N32E SLI and SLI Plus.

The SLI is 680i and SLI plus is 650i....don't get goofed from this and keep this in mind!

The P5N32 E SLI is best option amongst all!
And yes it will give u the best performance with single card too but u will still have an option to upgrade it for future use also. Otherwise it will work on X16 with a single card(thats what every single card is supposed to give X16).
*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=19557

Also consider Q6600 instead of E6850!

Last edited:

cyberzook

Journeyman
My friend is planning to buy a new system.
The purpose would be games and movies.
His budget is max 35k w/o the graphics card which he plans to add 1 or 2 months later.
A core2duo based system is targeted.
Is a 19" LCD possible to be included in this?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
if thinking Intel Config then,

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ Rs. 7900/- + TAX
ASUS P5K-V / VM @ Rs. 7800/- + TAX
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3200/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 2600/- + TAX
Liteon DVD RW (IDE) @ Rs. 1300/- + TAX
Cabinet with a 500 Watts ColorSit / PowerSafe @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
2.1 Skp system Creative / Logitech @ Rs. 1000/- + TAX
Local UPS @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX
17" CRT LG 700E @ Rs. 4300/- + TAX

TAX @ % VAT Kolkata Rs. 1260/-

Total Rs. 32760/-

I dont think u can actually fit in one 19" TFT in that C2D base config, for that you may have to opt for E4400 or lower :(

For motherboard this ASUS P5K-VM is here at Kolkata but hard to find, vendors for some reason are not stocking it and if some one have it asking a higer price... now you have 2 option, XFX 650i ultra (Rs. 4800/- + TAX) with XFX 8400 GS (Rs. 2550/- + TAX) or the ASUS P5K-VM with onboard x3100 (G33 chipset)... buy the one which is cheaper :)

For TFT you have to increase the budget a lot as i would say View Sonic VG1930wm in 19" segment which is Rs. 9500/- :)

cyberzook

Journeyman
He does not want any speaker at the moment, and what abt anything between 4400 & 6750 so that some money can be saved.
Will 800 MHz RAM improve performance.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

800 MHz will not going to make any huge performance difference but they some time help while OC and the price difference is really not much between 667 MHz and 800 MHz so go for the 800 MHz :)

and what abt anything between 4400 & 6750 so that some money can be saved.

there is, 1k less than E6750 is E6550, but in that sense performance whise I would think of AMD 5200 :D...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi!!

My old UPS got damaged and i want a new one.
My system :

E6400, 7900 Gt, P5B Deluxe, 2 GB ram, DVD Combo, 160 GB HDD, CPU Cooler, 620 Watt PSU.

Plz suggest a decent UPS that can provide abt 45mins -1 hr backup.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
My uncle needs a very basic computer for home use.
He will be running some accounting software and office applications.
Suggest a configuration for him which is less than 16k.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

AMD X2 4000+ @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
MSI K9AGM2 @ Rs. 2450/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II 667 MHz Transcend or Kingstone @ Rs. 1250/- + TAX
160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
Any Large Well ventilated Cabinet with Default 400/450 Watts SMPS @ Rs. 1250/- + TAX
Kicrosoft Desktop Pro Combo 700 @ Rs. 700/- + TAX
2.1 Spk @ Rs. 1000/- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 630/-
Total Rs. 16380/- incl TAX

Try and find AMD X2 3600+ range processors :D which would be around Rs. 2400.. you may also otp for any Basic speakers around Rs. 250/- :lol: also any local made keyboard mouse would do too :D.. for cabinet any Large well ventilated Local made would do.. usually those would come with either 400 or 450 watts SPMS...

these may make the price come down :D...

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
prunthaban said:
I am going to buy a pc this weekend (alreasy posted config in this thread earlier) and I am in a big dilemma which one to choose, either P5N-E SLI or XFX 650i Ultra?
have u bought the system?? which mobo?
me too planning to buy new system but stuck with motherboards to choose...looks like p5ne sli is better performer & well built than xfx ,but 2k more and also onboard audio of xfx is better than asus p5n-e
due to recent problems with new batch xfx mobo i will have to go for p5ne sli even though i wont be using dual vga

can anyone suggest a p965 based mobo under 7k?or any other?

cyberzook

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
if thinking Intel Config then,

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ Rs. 7900/- + TAX
ASUS P5K-V / VM @ Rs. 7800/- + TAX
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3200/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 2600/- + TAX
Liteon DVD RW (IDE) @ Rs. 1300/- + TAX
Cabinet with a 500 Watts ColorSit / PowerSafe @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
2.1 Skp system Creative / Logitech @ Rs. 1000/- + TAX
Local UPS @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX

TAX @ % VAT Kolkata Rs. 1260/-

Total Rs. 32760/-

I dont think u can actually fit in one 19" TFT in that C2D base config, for that you may have to opt for E4400 or lower :(

For motherboard this ASUS P5K-VM is here at Kolkata but hard to find, vendors for some reason are not stocking it and if some one have it asking a higer price... now you have 2 option, XFX 650i ultra (Rs. 4800/- + TAX) with XFX 8400 GS (Rs. 2550/- + TAX) or the ASUS P5K-VM with onboard x3100 (G33 chipset)... buy the one which is cheaper :)

For TFT you have to increase the budget a lot as i would say View Sonic VG1930wm in 19" segment which is Rs. 9500/- :)

With reference to above he is increasing his budget to 42k.
I think we can accomodate viewsonic vg1930wm and a graphics card in this budget, with the XFX 650i ultra mb.
Although 8800 seems great, Wouldn't going for a 8600 GT right now be affordable as well as sufficing to most needs.
As you have both these cards(mentioned in the 1932 review), could you
give a first hand comparison of the two (performance/price).

Thanks

Shayon

Broken In
A PC Configuration needed - Budget upto 16k

Hi,

Could you provide me with a PC configuration according to the prices in Bangalore or Mumbai? Although a budget of 16k is fine, I'd really prefer itto be below 15K.

The components that I need to buy are listed below:

Processor
Motherboard
Cabinet & SMPS
RAM Module
Hard Disk (Not under 160GB, 7200rpm)
DVD Writer (Preferably Dual Layer)
Graphics Card (Optional but definitely preferable)

Thanks.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re: A PC Configuration needed - Budget upto 16k

Hello,

May be you have missed this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66140

thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom