Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks devil.
Always the helping devil here...
Man suggest a mobo.is intel good or shall i go for asus or gigabyte?
And please do name the model number..and price.
Thanks in advance DEVIL...

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I have geforce 6200tc supporting 256...
Now since by budget has good slightly up after few saving i am planning to put in a rig to play ONLINE GAMES.i haven tried it.
I dont know whether it can be done with a 256 kbps connection!
I want to play ONLINE games like cs ,secondlife ,i dont know whether we can play in india?i was just thinking of.;-)
And guys suggest a core 2 duo system also...
Since the only thing i found which cant be updated later is processor.so i am having second thought of going for core 2 duo system..
And also a nice mobo.B-)
Each time i think i go one step further...sh!t :-D
Why cant systems be like TV ,buy them, forget them for a solid 5-8 years.:':)':)@

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@naveen
u can play CS 1.6 online in India.There are lots of servers to play smoothly with FPS near abt 100 constant.
u hv to purchase original CS 1.6 cd ( price RS 499/-) and create an account through steam.
Note :- U cant install CS with original cd without internet.
Then search for V Street servers. They are really good:).

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
guys help me...

which TV tuner are you using Choto_cheeta???

Pinnacle 2100 something??

I want a tuner with Composite AV in to record from my analog video camera...

can u recommend me one thats Win Vista compatible and also has composite video...

also my dad is coming from philadelphia, USA...
i'll ask him to get it from there ... can u tell me one thats readily available at leading hardware stores...

within 3 k possibly...

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^ ask him to get the NVIDIA DualTV MCE tuner from u.s. (needs WinXP mce or vista if you want to use the stock software $170) if you want the best.
Else, get the Hauppauge ones ( check their website for the one that suits you).
Make sure if you a re getting an analog tv tuner from abroad that it supports PAL B/G input (india/uk region) and not NTSC (u.s.).
If yu want to purchase locally and are looking for an internal solution with hardware encoding, pinnacles are best. For lcd / external tuners, you can buy an el cheapo local (techcom/frontech/iball) = about Rs 750

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
well does that come under INRs 3000 ....... i dont think so...

thing is i dont have a penny out here but he is coming so thought of buying a PINNACLE or COMPRO card that has

1. Composite video record facility
2. Compatible with Vista MCE

... i dont need hardware decoder... have a q6600 to do the work :)

@free radical..... its the NON REMOTE version that comes for 170 $, with remote it costs 219$

and even then 170 $ will be out of my range...... something within rs 3000..

Last edited:

bhaskar

Broken In
What motherboard and graphics card?

hiii. I want to buy a good motherboard for intel platform and having dual GPU mode.I am thinking about the Nvidia 650i SLI . Will it be a good choice?And what graphics card i should buy to play the latest games?Can i go for the Nvidia 8600gt?My budget for both motherboard and graphics card is 8K each.Hope to get a reply soon.Please give the prices too with the items.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
yea 650i sli is a good budget solution.

Will it be a good choice?And what graphics card i should buy to play the latest games?Can i go for the Nvidia 8600gt
Depends upon your budget.yea 8600gt is a good choice

XFX 8600gt costs 6.2k alone.
XFX 650i Sli costs around 10k.

You can consult theese sites for prices:
SITE1
SITE2

Pathik

Google Bot
IF he can give 10k then rather get the asus p5n 32 sli... it has the 680i chipset...
if u want a budget solution.. get the asus p5ne sli...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys help of also.as i have mentioned above in my prev post.i am now having two minds to go in for core 2 duo..system or its counter part in AMD . I also want to know some very good mobo's as i will not be able to update this system grossly later.so i am looking for b mobo with good support for ram,atleast four slots,sata 2 with adequate pins to connect harddisk later on and also sli...please suggest few good mobo both for AMD and intel and also for core 2 duo,core duo,and its amd counterpart.

Another thing.what is the difference between core 2 duo and core duo?how much performance increase can we expect between these two..?my budget may be upto 10k.
Waiting for ur reply guys.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
choto bhai what to go for, msi 8800gts 320mb or xfx8800 gts 320mb according to digit review msi one is the best

spartacus

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys , i am new to this forum . i am going to buy a new system within a few days . having finalized everything after viewing the posts made in these threads , i am stuck at 1 point . i am going with c2d E4400 . so need some suggestion regarding buying a mobo . i want a mobo with onboard graphics . my vendor has suggested me Asus P5BVM

should i go with his suggestion ??
my budget for mobo is around 7000 rs ............

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
naveen_reloaded said:
Guys help of also.as i have mentioned above in my prev post.i am now having two minds to go in for core 2 duo..system or its counter part in AMD . I also want to know some very good mobo's as i will not be able to update this system grossly later.so i am looking for b mobo with good support for ram,atleast four slots,sata 2 with adequate pins to connect harddisk later on and also sli...please suggest few good mobo both for AMD and intel and also for core 2 duo,core duo,and its amd counterpart.

Another thing.what is the difference between core 2 duo and core duo?how much performance increase can we expect between these two..?my budget may be upto 10k.
Waiting for ur reply guys.
please guys reply some one...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^hmm...Dude forget AMD.I really mean just forget AMD.Intel is miles ahead of AMD as of now.
At 10k for mobo+processor combo you have several choices:
1.E 2140--3k
XFX 650i ultra--5k(no onboard graphics)
2.E4400--5.5k
XFX 650i Ultra--5k

I think 2nd option should be the best for you.Both e2140 and e4400 oces great and are great value for money.

Since you stressed on a good mobo 650i ultra by XFX is the best choice for you but it has no onboard graphics(as a matter of fact no good mobo has ondoard graphics) so you will need to buy a graphic card if you don't haf any now.any cheapo will do like 7100,7300 or 8400gs.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^hmm...Dude forget AMD.I really mean just forget AMD.Intel is miles ahead of AMD as of now.
At 10k for mobo+processor combo you have several choices:
1.E 2140--3k
XFX 650i ultra--5k(no onboard graphics)
2.E4400--5.5k
XFX 650i Ultra--5k

I think 2nd option should be the best for you.Both e2140 and e4400 oces great and are great value for money.

Since you stressed on a good mobo 650i ultra by XFX is the best choice for you but it has no onboard graphics(as a matter of fact no good mobo has ondoard graphics) so you will need to buy a graphic card if you don't haf any now.any cheapo will do like 7100,7300 or 8400gs.

thnks for the reply first ..
i have geforce 6200 tc from my prev system

i am planning to geta system which wont be changed for say next 2-3 years..
so i am planning to invest in core 2 duo..

wht i mentioned is mobo only within 10k..
my budget is around 25k for the system without monitor , mouse , keyboard and gfx card..

can u workout a good system with really good platform..
shall i go for core 2 duo or just stay with duo core..

man i am confused..
please do help me ..
propably i have a week time before i have give my SPECIFICATION .. i mean REAL specification including the model number and all details to my assembler..

so please do help me

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

The system is only for Downloading right ??

then few things you need to consider :p a Stable platform :p heat issue and off course the power bills...

Adding a GRFX Card will mean extyra power and heat !!

Here is what I would recomend for a Seeder Box type system under Rs. 25k...

AMD X2 4000+ @ Rs. 2800
MSI K9AMG2 @ Rs. 2450
320 GB x 2 HDD 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 6400
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3600
A large well ventilated Cabinet with Few FANs and 500 Watts SMPS @ Rs. 2500

TAX @ 4% Kolkata Rs. 710

Total Rs. 18460/-

for a Seeder box type system no need for a DVD RW :p as put that in LAN with your main system and transfer files when needed.... now you have still Rs. 6.5k left, intest that full in a better and heavy duty UPS for higher backup time for your seeder box and the modem/switch !!!

System is future proof will be able to run Vista with ease :p ... I would also suggest buy Kaspersky 7.0 for maximum protection of DATA !!! put KAV on highest of its settings !!!

Thank you...

spartacus

Right off the assembly line
i am not much into oc , so would Asus P5BVM would be a good choice ??
it has p965g chipset & x3000 gma onboard graphics solution ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom