Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I dont know about intel's procy but I think e2140 will be a bottleneck.

The system which was bought last day is E2140 + 650i + 8600 GT

even On stock I dont see card getting bottle necked !!! and even at Indian hot summpers those E2140 can reach 50% OC under Stock Cooling if u have a Large and Well Ventilated Cabinet !!!

*www.tomshardware.com/2007/09/12/pentium_dual_core/page11.html

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^
from the same benchmark test see this page
*www.tomshardware.com/2007/09/12/pentium_dual_core/page8.html

At stock, other processor setups are providing around 50% more fps. Anything more than 15% implies bottleneck with 100% confidence. O/ced e2160 is definitely not a bottleneck.
For o/c ing the processor to 3.2Ghz, will expensive ram be needed? We are planning on getting Transcend 1GB 667Mhz RAM. Also 650i has 2.1v limit on ram. Will all this fit in without changing the config much?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I want to build a PC of my own in next two months.
I made a configuration for my need but confused about the price.

Please take a look at my proposed machine

ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP Motherboard

Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor QX6850

Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM (4*2 GB)

nVidia 8800 GTX * 4 (in quad SLI)

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer snd card

suitable Antec cabinate & PSU for these mediocre components

Samsung 35'' LCD or something like that from others

Logitech G15 Keyboard & some gaming mouse

Creative GigaWorks® ProGamer G550W 5.1 speaker system

I think it is sufficient for a moderate computer of our age. Please work out the price for me. I want the approximate full system price. Also inform me about it's performance if possible.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Dude first of all suggest your budget.Its the most important aspect.
Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM (4*2 GB)

nVidia 8800 GTX * 4 (in quad SLI)
Man you are very-very rich(even if you are just thinking about it).

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
The_Devil_Himself said:
Dude first of all suggest your budget.Its the most important aspect.

All I can say that money is not a concern. I desperately want to buy the machine in coming days. Please suggest the price and performance if possible.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
The_Devil_Himself said:
If money is no concern then why don't you consider ALIENWARE?

I want to have a taste to assemble those beasts by myself. Also branded machines have some difficulties for overclocking and support in India etc.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
debsuvra said:
I want to have a taste to assemble those beasts by myself. Also branded machines have some difficulties for overclocking and support in India etc.
P5N32-SLI does not support DDR3 RAM.
Currently there are no drivers for 8800 GTX/Ultra Quad SLI.
OH forgot to add BUT P5N32-SLI is an SLI board not QUAD SLI BOARD
Are you a newbie or just creating confusions.

I need some help.
I am gonna upgrade my old pc on which i surf and download.
I want decent performance an I am not gonna compromise on it.These are what I need-
Ram(2GB,Budget Rs2000)
Motherboard(Budget Rs 7000 supporting new processors not the ones not released) and I want an Intel board which supports overclocking
Processor(Budget Rs 7500,c2d)
Power Supply(Budget Rs5000)

Now comes the graphics card,i have decided to buy the HD2900XT,the reason why is cause Rashi has stopped selling 320MB models of 8800GTS and nvidia has still not released mid range products and I don't want 8600 and HD2600.
I will be gaming at 720p(1280*720).I have two options Gecube HD2900XT or MSI HD2900XT,which is better and what's the price.
Will my processor bottleneck the GFX card,I will also buy the thermalright ultra 120 extreme so that i can overclock the processor.

Reason for upgrade:
Brother wants to play on lan with me.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Harvik780

I have few Doubt !! I dont think that u can manage 2 GB RAM under 2k... and only mobo in 7k range for ur need would be P5N-E SLi... for procy I suppose its E6550 C2D..

for the question that will ur Procy buttle neck the card... I think NO... with ThermarRight Ultra :lol: u can allways OC if u feel that Procy is slowing u down, but I feel even at Stock that C2D wont cause any issue for sure :p

sabret00the

Youngling
^^ Saurav now dont make fun of me coz I think I will need to upgrade my system very soon...can u tell me wats the cheapest but stable 2 x 2GB DDR2 1066mhz ram available.I would like some idea on brands and models...BTW another layman question is that is there too much difference between 667,800 & 1066mhz bus speeds...if not then I will just add another 1GB 667mhz for the time being as a stop gap measure...my system badly needs more ram...I'm really scared that DDR2 prices will increase since DDR3 is out and it wud soon be phased out like DDR1....

would it make more sense to buy the ram online from sites like memory configurator or buy it locally?

premsharma

In the zone
Suggest a G33 motherboard, ATX from, no crossfire required. Is Intel DG33FB good enough or MSI G33 Platinum. Any idea on their cost and performance. When is digit carrying out review of these new motherboards i.e G33, P35 & X38 etc. For intel which all mobos are available with nvidia 7020 onboard graphics?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Suggest a G33 motherboard, ATX from, no crossfire required.

ASUS P5K-V Price Rs. 8k but Not Available in Kolkata, because dealers only storing P5K-VM which is Rs. 7200/- + TAX and its uATX :(

For information, personally i feel Intel Original G33 Boards are crap :p

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
@Harvik780

I have few Doubt !! I dont think that u can manage 2 GB RAM under 2k... and only mobo in 7k range for ur need would be P5N-E SLi... for procy I suppose its E6550 C2D..

for the question that will ur Procy buttle neck the card... I think NO... with ThermarRight Ultra :lol: u can allways OC if u feel that Procy is slowing u down, but I feel even at Stock that C2D wont cause any issue for sure :p
Thanks.
:)

That was a typo.I meant Rs4k,(2k was for a single ram module).

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
Kingstone / Transcend 667 I think is around Rs. 3400/- for 2x1 GB :D
Thanks,
And the query about power supply??
Is zeb diamond 640W is good?Retails for Rs4.8K.
And can you tell me the price for HD2900XT and which brand "Gecube" or "MSI".

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sabret00the said:
^^ Saurav now dont make fun of me coz I think I will need to upgrade my system very soon...can u tell me wats the cheapest but stable 2 x 2GB DDR2 1066mhz ram available.I would like some idea on brands and models...BTW another layman question is that is there too much difference between 667,800 & 1066mhz bus speeds...if not then I will just add another 1GB 667mhz for the time being as a stop gap measure...my system badly needs more ram...I'm really scared that DDR2 prices will increase since DDR3 is out and it wud soon be phased out like DDR1....

Bobby, 1066 is not official... Crosiar's Dominator 800 MHz Series can go in that speed but when u OC from ur Mobo... !!!

but Bobby, its around Rs. 18k in kolkata for 2 (2x1) GB Modules :(

There is not much of a differnce under Stock with 667 or 800... but when u OC, i will see the Difference...

would it make more sense to buy the ram online from sites like memory configurator or buy it locally?

Make no mistake, I paid Extra Rs. 780 to receive my ThermalRight ultra, John paid Rs. 900 to receive his Cooler to Customes to get it cleared :p that too it was just peice of Metal (heatsink) :lol:

So Beware, I suggest dont order from site based in out side of India, order from those who will only ship from India :D unless try and buy from Local store :p unless there is no option...

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
Choto Cheeta said:
ASUS P5K-V Price Rs. 8k but Not Available in Kolkata, because dealers only storing P5K-VM which is Rs. 7200/- + TAX and its uATX :(

For information, personally i feel Intel Original G33 Boards are crap :p

This board has only one p/s 2 port, so u have to have usb mouse. In that case why not MSI G33 Neo or MSI G33 Platinum. your sugestion please

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
Thanks,
And the query about power supply??
Is zeb diamond 640W is good?Retails for Rs4.8K.
And can you tell me the price for HD2900XT and which brand "Gecube" or "MSI".

Sorry I am totally Dumb about ATi pricing :( , really no dealer here at Kolkata stocks any :( last time toook 8 hours to actually find ATi x1600 pro :lol:

for SMPS... whats wrong with Cooler Masters ?? 600 / 620 Watts would serve ur purpose I suppose ?? they are about 4k too

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
There's a problem,I have seen compatibility issues with nvidia chipset and ATI GFX and my brother has also suggested that not to go for this combo.The companies might tell us that its good,but they also hide a lot.
The online hardware reviewing sites have stated that the 2900XT takes more power than the 8800GTX.

IS this mobo good

MSI G965M-FI -
Specs: Intel G965, Pentium 4/Pentium D/Celeron D/Pentium 4 EE/Pentium XE/Core 2 Duo, HT Ready, LGA775, Onboard Intel GMA X3000 Graphics,8GB DDR2 533/667/800MHz, 1066MHz FSB, SATA RAID, Realtek ALC883 HD Audio 7.1ch, Gigabyte Ethernet (1Gbps), PCI Express x16, ATX
Rs. 7,450/-

And this one too-

ASUS P5B-VM -
Specs: Intel G965, Pentium D/Celeron D/Pentium 4/Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Extreme, HT Ready, LGA775, Onboard Intel GMA X3000 Graphics, 8GB DDR2 533/667/800MHz, 1066MHz FSB, SATA RAID, ADI AD1988 HD Audio 7.1ch, Gigabit Ethernet (1Gbps), PCI Express x16, PCI Express x4, ATX
Rs.7,000

MSI P965-Neo F -
Specs: Intel P965, Pentium 4/Pentium D/Celeron D/Pentium 4 EE/Pentium XE/Core 2 Duo, HT Ready, LGA775, 4GB DDR2 533/667/800MHz, 1066MHz FSB, SATA RAID, Realtek ALC883 HD Audio 7.1ch, Gigabit Ethernet (1Gbps), PCI Express x16, ATX
Rs. 5,450/-

Hope there's a bios update for 1333Mhz FSB.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

For branding personally I prefer Cooler Master over ZEb but its just personal opinion :p

I have seen compatibility issues with nvidia chipset and ATI GFX

Me too agree on it... in that case increase the budget to think for a P35 based board :p or P5K-V (if u find it)... this is good one based on G33 but problem is availibility :(

@Harvik780

Intel Replaced G965 with G33 ... think for G33 now over G965 ones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom