Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidkarode

Broken In
Hi everyone,

I need some help from you guys for assembling a new PC for my cousin. The PC will be primarily used for basic computing, movies, surfing and some casual gaming.
His budget is around Rs. 35-40k max. He would be buying it around Diwali, so maybe a month from now. Can u pls suggest a good config. This PC will be used for atleast 4 years.
It may be an Intel/AMD platform, no issues. I was thinking of adding a basic graphics card to the setup, say around Rs.4-5k

Pls suggest.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
wow. 4yrs???

Athlon II X4 640: 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO: 6.5k-7k or MSI 785GM-E65: 5.5k-6k
Transcend 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz: 4k-4.5k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD: 2.5k
Zebronics Bijli/Reaper cabinet without PSU: 1.5k
CoolerMaster ExtremePower 500W PSU: 2.5k
Samsung DVD burner: 1.1k
Logitech k/b and mouse: 750rs
Samsung 2033SW: 7k
Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 speakers: 2.5k
APC 800VA UPS: 4k approx

785G is powerful enough to run games on a 20" display and you won't need a GPU for now.

if you can add a bit more to the budget, go for OCZ or Corsair DDR3 RAM instead of Transcend as they are lot more stable. As long as you do not overclock, transcend should be able to do the job.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
here is Intel alternate:

1) core2quad Q8400: 8.7k
2) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L: 7k (without GPU) or GA-G33-MS2L : 4.5k
3) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz 2x2GB kit: 3k-3.5k

rest is same and if possible add Palit 9500GT for 3k as G33 has weak graphic and P45 has no graphics.

Last edited:

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
@ desibond,

Are the prices expected to drop for this mobo anytime soon :D ?, im planning to go in for the same proccy & mobo, but ill be running win xp on it till i feel I want to put win 7 on it (some months for sure ) does this mobo have drivers for win xp 64bit ? (or ill just use 32bit)

Also what's the price for corsair 2gb DDR3 ? (not the value ram, the xms one)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@ desibond,

Are the prices expected to drop for this mobo anytime soon :D ?, im planning to go in for the same proccy & mobo, but ill be running win xp on it till i feel I want to put win 7 on it (some months for sure ) does this mobo have drivers for win xp 64bit ? (or ill just use 32bit)

Also what's the price for corsair 2gb DDR3 ? (not the value ram, the xms one)

I don't think there will be a price cut as that price is aggressive, given that it has support for Crossfire and comes with solid PCB design and lot of heat sinks.

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/6363/listl.th.jpg
corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz C9 4GB kit is 6k

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Excellent :D it has Win XP 64 bit drivers. Hrm if the prices aren't going to drop soon then fair enough :p .. I know they will reduce at some point of time but I don't want to see a "slashcut" and then the board goes to the 5-6k bracket. 7k for this board is reasonable enough.

Just hurts to see that this is retailing at $100 at newegg.com :( ..

sidkarode

Broken In
wow. 4yrs???

Athlon II X4 640: 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO: 6.5k-7k or MSI 785GM-E65: 5.5k-6k
Transcend 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz: 4k-4.5k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD: 2.5k
Zebronics Bijli/Reaper cabinet without PSU: 1.5k
CoolerMaster ExtremePower 500W PSU: 2.5k
Samsung DVD burner: 1.1k
Logitech k/b and mouse: 750rs
Samsung 2033SW: 7k
Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 speakers: 2.5k
APC 800VA UPS: 4k approx

785G is powerful enough to run games on a 20" display and you won't need a GPU for now.

if you can add a bit more to the budget, go for OCZ or Corsair DDR3 RAM instead of Transcend as they are lot more stable. As long as you do not overclock, transcend should be able to do the job.
Posted again:
here is Intel alternate:

1) core2quad Q8400: 8.7k
2) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L: 7k (without GPU) or GA-G33-MS2L : 4.5k
3) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz 2x2GB kit: 3k-3.5k

rest is same and if possible add Palit 9500GT for 3k as G33 has weak graphic and P45 has no graphics.

Ya!!.. 4 years!!..that too, I am giving a conservative estimate. His current one is more than 6 years old!
Can u pls confirm the exact model name of the AMD proccy u have mentioned. This is because I have not been able to locate the model number u mentioned on AMD's website. Same is the case with the Asus mobo. Also any similar mobo from Gigabyte?
Also, i forgot to mention that speakers arent needed as he has purchased a new set just few months back. So i thought of using that cash to go in for Corsair VX 450, wat say?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. VX450W is a terrific model.

processor. sorry. I think it's 620. *www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon II X4 620 - ADX620WFK42GI (ADX620WFGIBOX).html

here is the link for asus mobo: *www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=fcsXWSxnhzZE9rnR

ironfreak

Journeyman
^I prefer E-Lounge. Check out www.theitwares.com for contact info. He gives good service too.
Yea I know TheItwares.. its good. but the guy has some attitude problem...:D Primeabgb is costlier than it.

so I want to know if there's any other option with similar price..?

Krow

Crowman
^+1.

@ ironfreak But among the babus, there is Mac IT, who will give you a good price, if you are willing to buy from them. They are located right across Tara Temple Lane exit on Lamington Road. :)

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
do zebronics provide replacement warranty for their ordinary 450 watts smps?? one of my friends smps is dead after 5 months,and dealer is saying that it will take 15days to get it repaired wtf?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys, I've ditched my efforts of finding a good PMP and gonna buy the Nokia 5800XM tomorrow for 13.5k, any issues with this phone that I need to know about?

Also do suggest alternatives, max 15k and also I prefer nokia(also other s60 smartphones will do, windows mobile is welcome but not much needed, my need is music oriented not business, so keep multimedia in mind)

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hey guys, I wanna buy a USB keyboard. Budget around 700-800 rupees max. Looks should be funky & stylish (as much as possible)... What do u guys suggest ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom